Booing Hamilton in Austria? | FerrariChat

Booing Hamilton in Austria?

Discussion in 'F1' started by blackbolt22, Jul 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Ok. I know I'm a round late but I don't feel like reading through 500 responses. My GF and I were curious and talked about it a bit after watching the GP yesterday.

Why did the crowd boo him on the podium ? He addressed the issue with class but it was classless by the crowd.

BTW he's not my favorite driver.

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Coz Austrian commentators initially blasted (without playback) that Hamilton had intentionally crashed into Nico...

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Nico got booed in yesterday for being Hamilton's teammate, though.

;)

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton is pretty much universally hated outside of Britain, due to his arrogance and poor dress sense. Even in the UK, anyone with common sense like me hates the guy too! I'd boo him to his face if I met him just for being Elton

5. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Do you always have to be an ass?

G

6. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    +1

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I wonder if Seb was on the podium too if he would've gotten boo'd off for running massa off the road?

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A ****load of F1 fans I know loathe him. Truly loathe him. Most of them are Brits.

The British people I know that do like him are more ''general sports fans'' and just support British and aren't avid F1 followers. They only watch because he's in a winning seat.

9. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Yeah this stuff is escalating. Nico cooked his brakes and braked late on top of that. Lewis did go deep but appeared to cut sharply even though he said he was going wide. I think they both tried to make each other blink and then collided. The Austrians wanted a German to win and could have been more classy and not booed at all. Britain was just payback. I know emotions are high but Nico could have just said congrats and done a nod or hand shake and been done with it. Maybe you heard Hobbs comment to that effect?

10. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I wish the booing would stop altogether. F1 used to be a gentleman's sport. It's beginning to look like stupid NASCAR drama.

11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1,000!!!!

It's just stupid and disrespectful. Going back to Schuey being booed because of team orders to Seb, then Lewis, now Nico. Just stop!

12. F1Nova

F1Nova Karting

Nov 29, 2012
    Aitutaki
    They should be booing the rules and mabey the fia for some of their silly
    decisions...AND for the ugly cars... I dont know LH, so I cant say weither I like the bloke or not. But he is def not my favorite driver. Good racer though.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm likening the booing to football/soccer esque fanatics. It's so stupid and doesn't belong in this sport.

14. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    could just be a local crowd razzing their guy's closest rival

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yeah, I really don't like the booing. Just remain silent.

But people pay money to see a sport so they can do whatever they like, but it's low class.

I remember Michelle Obama got booed by Nascar fans several years ago. I don't agree with her husband's policies but for god's sake, please don't boo.

16. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Once again, I remind everyone to keep the discussion focused on the cars, drivers, and races, and not on each other. Both users banned for 1 month.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/495700-enforcement-rules-f1-forum.html

17. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I guess that's why he has the biggest following of any driver currently on the grid on FB.

Hamilton 3.8m
    Nico 2m
    Alonso 1.8m
    Vettel 90 thousand lol!

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Facebook, the haven of the well balanced and well informed about F1? Yeah, if likes on Facebook mattered Kim kardashian must be one of the most beautiful women on earth then? Give it a rest, Facebook means nothing in the real world

Go to the paddock, talk to those working there for teams and other businesses servicing the teams..... Elton has far more detractors than he has fans or friends, it's a fact. He is seen as aloof, arrogant, self centred and many other negatives. His general demeanour and the way he carries himself do him no favours at all

19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Fans are Fans... and Hamilton has the most! LOL!

20. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    You have to remember F1 is about nationalism as much as auto factories. That is why the nationality of every driver is shown on the stats board and the winners anthem played on the podium. This is also why the us does not really care about f1. Who cares if we kick euro ass? They are smaller than Texas anyway��

Brexit fears and euro breakup are real to the average euro spectator. They will boo him the rest of the season in euro.

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Fans of what or whom? F1? I doubt...Most of them will be gone as soon as Hamilton is gone...they do not really care about F1, same as many of the Schumacher supporters in the winning years...

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are likes the same as someone declaring themselves a fan and watching f1 races, buying merchandise etc? I thought you got your likes from pictures you put up. Hence, I could put up some seriously cool pics of cars I have got, or have had, and collect lots of likes, doesn't make me the worlds best anything... just means I put up pics of something people like. There's that schmee guy reviewing cars on YouTube with lots of likes etc, doesn't make him clarkson does it?

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. Talk to people that know him or deal with him plenty and the story around him is very much negative. Friends of mine in motorsport (british, I may add) all keep saying the same thing and hear it from plenty other motorsport, they all echo the things you say.

When he comes to a sponsors evening to entertain their sponsors, obviously he's going to be nice. PR face on and everything. F1 journo's aren't going to say the mean things about him, because if they ruin the relationship with Ham, they can't report on half the things in F1 currently.