F1 GP Hungary 2016 - Predictions and more | FerrariChat

F1 GP Hungary 2016 - Predictions and more

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A race weekend is here and personally Im quite pleased! What a week for issues and things around the world but we have F1 again and a chance for something different in terms of results!

McNish outlines his thoughts for a Red Bull outright win here and other assessments - Hungarian GP: Can Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo win at Hungaroring? - BBC Sport

New surface on the circuit will affect performance and tires - Analysis: Hungaroring track changes put lap records in sight

Weather - its warm and sunny!! Lets see who will cope with the heat for the car and tires. https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/HUXX0002:1:HU

All the best to those going to the race. The city is fun and quite busy on the F1 weekend! I know Crinoid is there and we chatted on PM before his departure :)

Q - Ricci
    Max
    Nico

Race- Ricci
    Max
    Nico

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The Hungaroring is a funny track...the race can be very boring some years, due to the difficulty to overtake, but very entertaining some others; it has even given us some "classics" (remember Mansell overtaking Senna in 1989?).
    I actually wait for the race impatiently; and yes I think Red Bull will have a fair chance...

Rgds

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Enjoy the race Crinoid! Very jealous you're there. Very high on the list of races I want to visit. Last few years have been fantastic.

Young Max has been beaten by Ricciardo in quali every time until last week. Not always through his own fault, but no matter. I'm keen to find out if he's able to do it again.

Q
    1 - an Red Bull
    2 - an Red Bull
    3 - Rosberg beating a frustrated Ham

R
    1 - Verstappen
    2 - Ricciardo
    3 - Vettel
    4 - Kimi

Fireworks at 2 frustrated Mercedes drivers.

4. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    #4 maulaf, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Yes some light relief is required at the moment.

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Hamilton wins barring mechanical problems. Red Bulls within 5 tenths but not enough

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You really think RB will take pole here? I just find it hard to believe

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Pole might be too much but I really think they'll win.

No one expected Vettel on pole last year in Singapore, either :).

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    No predictions necessary...an 11th L for teamred...

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mercedes 1-2 in qualifs and in the race.

A safe bet ...

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Both Ferraris will be lapped ... heads may roll in their garage.
    Pete

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Expecting a Lewis v Max show if Nicole doesn't get in the way.New surface might suit Bottas as an each way bet.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Update to the radio rules starting for this race -Restrictions on radio communication between teams and drivers have been strengthened in the build-up to this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Any message informing a driver of a car problem "must include an irreversible instruction to return to the pits to rectify the problem or to retire".

Hungarian GP: Drivers face return-to-pit instruction under new radio rules - BBC Sport

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They really don't get it, do they.

Nitpicking over **** like this making the sport ever more complicated.

NO DRIVER COACHING. That is, don't advise gear, don't advice where to overtake. Don't advice braking zone.

Done.

15. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Apparently they have installed electronic sensors on two parts of the track to get direct reliable data if drivers take advantage by extending the track.
    They are on turn 4 (where Massa went straight after collecting the spring) and turn 11 (before the back straight, entering the final sector.

And they seem to now have mini baguettes. Croissonts?

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I actualy think Ferrari has a very good chance of winning this...this being said i think the track is crap!!

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Oooh now I'm hungry :).
    A chance, yes. I don't think a good chance. Red Bull should be extremely strong here...

LOVE the track, too! One to visit for sure...You can see a lot of the track from many places. A lot to do as well. And to drive it must be incredible.

The races are either extremely good or extremely boring. Very much a hit and miss! With a strong Red Bull I expect this race to be exciting, though :).

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I miss the 1989 race..what a show from "our nige"

19. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

To expand on the new regulations:-

2) Changes to the circuit

2.1 The track and pit lane have been completely re-surfaced.

2.2 The pit entry has been re-aligned and now has a larger radius than before, it is now aligned with the fast lane after the corner.

2.3 A large number of kerbs have been renewed to a very high standard with great emphasis on improved drainage.

2.4 In turns 4 and 11 the new double kerb has been installed and the artificial grass removed. However, the run-off areas behind the kerbs have been set at the same height as the kerbs themselves, the required deterrent is therefore not present. With this in mind we have installed loops 1.6m from the track edge which will alert us when a car has all four wheels off the track in these two locations.

2.5 The “sausage” kerbs on the apex of turns 6 and 7 have been replaced by a 50mm high steel “Abu Dhabi” kerb on the apex behind the 50mm positive kerb.

20. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Thanks. Time to study kerb design to keep up with changes, it seems.
    I can see those detection loops work.
    Much better I'd find track - kerb - grass. Then if a driver gambles too high the result will be direct in form dirty tyres and loss in track time instead of silly penalties.