Lewis Hamilton - F1 driving tips | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton - F1 driving tips

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Jul 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You know this is coming

1). Make sure your hair and makeup is set perfect before seeing the press
    2). Breath spray
    3). In interviews, always extol the virtue of how good you are, how bad your teammate is, how the team are only a background noise to yourself
    4). Remind everyone how much of a legend you are in your own mind.
    5). In the car, tape over all mirrors
    6). Don't forget to rip up the rule book in case you are taken to the stewards office
    7). Always remember, a corner is yours, whether you get there first, second, fifth or ninth. If someone is on your line, force them to avoid you whether it's legal or not, it's easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission
    8). Don't learn how to set up your car.... That's for the spanner monkeys
    9). If you realise a mistake has been made, always think about your excuse before the interviews.
    10). Lying is okay as long as it's to the stewards, never admit it in a public forum
    11). Remind everyone again how you are the spirit of Senna, maybe one day they might start to believe it as much as you
    12). Mistakes are other people's problems, not yours, ignore the rules if it suits you, but scream blue murder if anyone else so much as look is like they have stretched them

2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Haha !

"Interestingly, Hamilton blasts the idea of ever employing a driver of mind coach and says they are 'only for those insecure people'. "

Hamilton is extremely nervous and insecure in many interviews. He seems the need to try and play the crowd to swell his confidence.

And when asked to compete in a charity boxing match with Ricciardo, he swerved the question like a chicane.
    He seems to suffer from low self-esteem despite his success in the best cars ;)

3. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    He didnt seem like any of the above in that interview.

Why would he do a charity boxing match? In the interview he said it is easy to fight someone you dont like, but I like Ricciardo, I'd rather give the money straight to the charity instead of risking (damaging his face).

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, in fact a perfect answer.

4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Why didn't he say not ricci, but he'd fight Nico or Seb anytime then, or pretty much anyone else. Heck, I'll fight him for charity if he likes! Hahaha. Mind you, on weight and style, he's probably better off fighting another girl!

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I'd rather hear Bieber interview Johnny without Bieber being present.

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Pretty much covers the rest of the grid too.

Anyhow seems to be working ok so far for Lewis.Yeh i know it's +/- 90% car and 10% driver.(or in his case 99.9 v 0.1) lol

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #11 definitely struck a chord with me.

I thought Hamilton likening himself to Senna was a rude insult and showed how much of a snot he is. Senna was not just a great driver, he was a great human being who did so much for his people and country. I also admired his way of life, it was a true inspiration. I posted the documentary on fchat awhile back, but it seems like the YouTube videos have been taken down.

Hamilton? Please, it's just me me me me me me 24/7 365 days a year.

[EDIT]: I found an alternative video! Enjoy! I'm going to rewatch it =)
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ui7ng

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Great Senna video! The Ham interview made me barf. As I've always said, he's no genius and that video just proves my point.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Liked you post sid...now i'm in the mood to watch mr crapilton video!!!

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Haha, I had about a hundred more but I don't want to be seen as anti Elton teehee

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The numbers are easy: he has to beat 4,55 % of the grid (his team mate), 90,9 % (the other 20 drivers) are basically beaten by his car and sometimes he is also beating the remaining 4,55 % (himself)

12. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    These are my driving tips.

"Be the best, and anyone else is a tosser."