I guess there's no love in Bernie's family! | FerrariChat

I guess there's no love in Bernie's family!

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Aug 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    Well, I guess that makes her pretty much kidnap-proof. There's a method to his madness.

2. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Have followed F1 since about 1980 (Alan Jones WDC), and hand on heart it's the first time I 100% agree with Bernie lol.

Will probably delete this post before the Missus kicks my ass.

Best,
    Sammy

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Some people take a hard line stance on kidnapping and will never pay ransom money, saying it encourages further kidnappings.

That's probably what was on Bernie's mind when he refused to contemplate it. He has been the victim of crime before.

I believe that in some countries, paying ransom money is illegal and punishable by a prison sentence. I don't know about Brazil.

5. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Perhaps Obama should consult with Bernie.

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Head in a bag probably preferable to having Bernie as a son-in-law. :)

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Most people don't understand Bernie humour :eek:

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yup haha

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Absolutely true, especially for Brazil. A number of corporations in Brazil even refuse to subscribe insurance against kidnapping for their executives: as soon as someone, anyone knows that there is any form of coverage/indemnity against it, the word will spread and kidnapping is almost guaranteed...a kind of "welcome in Brazil".

Rgds

10. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    My dad's favorite story about my grandmother (mom's mom):

Living in Alabama, the grandparents come over from England to spend Christmas with us in the US. After mom and grandma come back from getting their hair done on a morning (grandma used to get a perm done), we all pile into the Chrysler Minivan and had out to go cut down a Christmas tree.

As we pull up to the tree farm, a torrential Alabama rain starts and we don't have an umbrellas. A helpful farmhand sees grandma's fresh perm and takes the initiative to run forward with a carrier bag:

Farmhand: "Would you like a bag for your head, Madam?"

Grandma: "I'm not that flipping ugly!"

Farmhand looks horrified.

Dad: "Oh - thank you! I've been trying to get a bag over her head for years!"

Granddad cracks up and gets whacked with a handbag.​

Ah, memories... :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ That is hilarious!
    T

12. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Please. The mother-in-law is a good 20 years younger than Bernie. Marrying the Cryptkeeper was only about money.

13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Really? About money? You see me surprised...

(I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bernie would take everything with him, the day his Creator will call him back: he has a lot to of sins to buy back, and of course we all know he will not go to hell, the Devil is too much afraid of him)

Rgds

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

How do you know?

I am aware of another British billionaire in his late 70s, recently marrying a woman 40 years younger.

At her insistence, their pre-nuptial arrangement is that she will receive only £100.000 at his death. In his will, the totality of his fortune going to his children and grand children who run his business.

People are too prone to jump to conclusion ...

15. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    i'd pay any amount of ransom that the mother-in-law could afford,,

16. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    In the meantime, she lives like a biollionaire and collects gifts worth a lot of cash when he kicks off. Nobody ever looked at a body 40 years older than their own and thought "that is so hot."

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Not at all. The woman is question had her own career and her own means of subsistence well before meeting her husband. And not everybody in life looks for a "hot body" either.

Like I said, people are prone to jump to conclusion., and sometimes project their own ambition on someone else.

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    boom

19. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Easy for the police to say "Your not going to pay". Brave move given the cretins who do this sort of thing and often carry out their threats.
    Hopefully they will get theirs in spades. Bernie certainly has the means to see this happen. Any one care to bet these fellows go missing one day in the sort of distant future?
    As much as I despise the troll I have to feel for him in this instance. His wife must certainly have been quite upset and the headline to this article is taken out of context.

20. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I would never, ever depend on someone else to support me. I don't have to. So no, totally not my ambition. When I'm a billionaire, it will be because I made it all myself. The way it should be.

21. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Bernie has rights to the Rapture. He's good.

22. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Bernie can't pay he's in jail don't you guys remember about him kidnapping some tv company and all them prosecutors in Europe sign Bernie's going to pay Bernie is going to jail did I miss something

23. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Bernie is most definitely not in jail! (As for the rest of this post: I have no idea what you're talking about TBH!)

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1, bizarre post. He hasn't set foot in jail in a long time, if ever.