Singapore 2016 GP Predictions etc | FerrariChat

Singapore 2016 GP Predictions etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Sep 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

After being scolded 2 times now by Maulaf I start early :)

The weather is tropical so it might rain...or not! -- https://weather.com/en-GB/weather/weekend/l/SNXX0006:1:SN

No mention of smoke from fires this year so far. There was some news about it 2 weeks ago.

BBC have this to say about Mercedes chance - Singapore GP: Red Bull and Ferrari a threat to Mercedes, says Lewis Hamilton - BBC Sport

Q - I think Mercedes will sort this for 2016
    LH
    Nico
    Ricci

Race- LH - He is ready to win
    Nico
    Ricci

Id love to see a Ferrari surprise but they do not appear strong enough this year.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1, my opinion too.

Mercedes sandbagging in practice, then 2 banzai laps in qualifs by LH and NR to secure the front row.
    After which, it will be the matter of surviving the first corner for both of them.
    In present form, Elton should win, and Nico play tail gunner.

Ricciardo has his whole career at stake in the last part of his season; if he is out-scored by Verstappen, he won't last at RB, so I expect him to be very motivated from now on.

I have lost hope of Ferrari doing well this year.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well...Mclaren and Alonso are sure they are going to fight Ferrari...cof, cof, cof...they should know by now that drugs don't do you any good!!

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The obvious prediction is Mercedes>Red Bull and maybe> Ferrari, but at this track unexpected things can happen (real crashes, faked crashes, safety cars, etc...) so hopefully we can have an entertaining race and our guys score good points.

If nothing unexpected happens, then expect the longest and most boring race of the season.

5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Isn't this the track that Merc completely screwed up last year? Let's hope for more of the same this year. I'm going contrarian:-

Quali - Ricci, ham, vet
    Race - Ves, Ricci, ham.

6. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    now that would be something :)

Quali: Ricci - Ves - Rai
    Race: Ricci - Rai - Ros

7. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Eventually a week I can rest :)

8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I toast your relaxing week :)

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Disagree RE Ricciardo. Him and Verstappen are closely matched so far this season. Verstappen better race pace, but Ricci is not far behind at all. Only in a close battle with another team Horner will have a tough call to make which driver to back.

Agreed with the rest. I've got a small bit of hope Ferrari can do something because their car seems to work really well in hot temperatures...but not holding my heart.

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Ricciardo is always very motivated. IMO his place at Red Bull is secure, any team would jump at the chance to sign him. I agree with everything else, MB always sandbags to create some illusory drama. What a farce.
    1) Hamilton
    2) Rosberg
    3) Ricciardo

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nico, ricci, Raikonnen, Vettel verstappen, Elton plum last and spitting feathers....... Please god

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll take it!

Would prefer both Ferrari's up the podium though.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Who cares anymore!!..as long as hamilton stuffs it on the wall!!

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    OPhhh, Hope both Mclarens are lapped several times by everyone....

15. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    So much positivity above... Sigh.

16. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Mercedes on the front row. Ricciardo or Vettel finish third.

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Qualifying all Merc.

Race - LH, Nico, Ricciardo

18. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I wonder how McLaren and Torro Rosso will present themselves. I think STR was in some agony on the power tracks and looking forward to Singapore and the races thereafter. If McLaren continues with their upwards trend they might again be top10.

Expect Williams to fight for Q2. But then at some point they won't be able to moonwalk further back during the race, I fear.

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

Meanwhile I'll be happy watching history in the making. Again.

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Which history is it this week? Merc takes a 1-2 on a cloudy night for the first time in modern F1 history? Or some other "epic" stat? :rolleyes:

At least the cars look cool at night

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You predicting another Rosberg win?

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In Monza Hamilton equalized Fangio and Senna with a 5th pole at Monza. I'm sure there is some odd ball statistic the journos will dig out for Singapore as well. :)

When I met the NBC sports F1 guys this summer, they had their side-kick with them: A guy who does nothing but statistics. Not only does he come up with them, he actually basically knows all the F1 results from all the races in history. The audience picked some random race and he could tell you who the top three were. I'm glad/proud if I can name the WDC of a particular year (and don't test me, I would fail about half the time).

Well I'm certainly not excluding it. Benoit came up with a nice statistic for Rosberg as well: It took 34 years from Graham's 1st title to his son's first title. Keke's title was in 82. Add 34 years to that and you have 2016. History repeating itself would be neat, wouldn't it?

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Guessing the firsts is too easy these days. Any guesses for the driver crashing the most during the weekend and the cars that'll fail more?

Verstappen/McLarens?

24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Interesting. I'm just hoping that Merc has the same issues they faced last year with the tires but not going to hold my breath.

If Rosberg is ever going to get it done, this year is the year. Unfortunately, I think he threw that away at Monaco.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I believe last year was a fluke. Some talked about electronic interference. If true I am sure Merc cured that.

At this point the WDC is as open as at the first race. I think Lewis is the better driver and thus will prevail but many things can happen. Kinda like the US elections (pls no comments). :)