F1 Malaysia 2016 - Predictions etc.... | FerrariChat

F1 Malaysia 2016 - Predictions etc....

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Sep 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The weather - Hot, steamy and at times unpredictable. Appears we could have a dry qualy but the race has a higher chance of showers - https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/MYXX0031:1:MY

Can LH get his F1 music back in key? - BBC has this-> Lewis Hamilton's F1 prowess is under threat from Nico Rosberg - BBC Sport

The 'sale' is never out of the news so why not - A new Bernie?? F1 Report: Could Zak Brown be Formula 1's next Bernie Ecclestone? | F1 News

Qual - Nico
    Vettel
    LH

Race - Nico
    Kimi
    Ricci

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Same crap different day

3. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Where is your optimism? Long race, new track, shaken up LewHam. Verstappen might need to get on his feet again after Ricci having had the upper hand for a while.

There is enough in it for me to get excited about Sunday. Let's see where the Ferrari's are in the heat (remember where Vettel might have finished in Singapore) and as usual in the last races the RBR are up to mischief.

Q
    -Nico
    -Ricci
    -Vet

R
    -Nico
    -Vet
    -Rai

4. vintageracer27

vintageracer27 Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Middletown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The Malaysian circuit has also been completely repaved and re-profiled with changes to the camber and racing line at most corners. The track should seem very new and different to the drivers which could provide some additional interest.

5. DF1

I am hoping for a few surprises, maybe not large ones but some variation with the resurfaced track!

6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    New track surface and profiles = advantage Ham. He is better at quickly learning the best lines at new tracks than Eos imho.

Q- Ham Ros Kimi
    R - Ham Vet Ros

RB will be nowhere. Not enough power...

7. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    I'm going out on a limb, but I think one of the Mercedes will win! :)

8. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    Given the dry tire options (S,M,H), and the track being resurfaced, we could see some very interesting strategies. I am not ready to give this one to Mercedes just yet.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The new turn 15 will throw people for a loop

10. DF1

He was PHD level at new lines in Baku lol :)

11. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    #11 maulaf, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really? Unless Toto stands over him and makes him do his homework, the tardiest driver 2016 probably won't do much more than a quick flyby as he lands to supposedly learn the track, it's below him, don't you know?

Baku was a prime example of eltons dedication to the cause. Turn up and drive is his motto, too many songs to write, rappers to high five and pouts to master to be learning tracks and preparing for his job tut tut

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hopefully
    VET, KIMI, ROS in qualy and race, Elton DNF would be awesome, although I'm not averse to ROS, KIMI, VET to be honest as a Ferrari win would be nice, but let's face it, wasted this year, while I want rosberg to beat Elton to the title so the extra points I'm happy to give him

Wouldn't it be so funny if, of eltons three new engines, he suffered multiple failures of the parts he changed and the engine position was re-equalised out of his favour again? We will have mega pouting and a major whining session about the team for the weekend to look forward too

14. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well it didn't take long for the anti Toils to spring into action! ;)

Agree re Ham at Baku. He was out driven by Ros. Singapore was also a Ros demolition, the likes of which Ham probably has never seen before. His concentration and preparation levels are not where they need to be for sure. We shall see...

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    We can dream :D.

I do think Merc will take it but hope for Rosberg again. Hopefully he'll keep his momentum again.

Ferrari's hopefully a shot at redemption, a double podium would be very welcome. Verstappen normally excels at tracks with medium-high speed corners so hopefully he has a better weekend again. And a good start for once.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I am not surprised. They couldn't keep the facade up for too long. As expected. But it is good to know that the mods are watching

17. DF1

Anti toils LOL - I posted that LH didnt get the lines in Baku correct. He didnt.

I dont think for a minute Im out of line here. Ridiculous. I have no agenda about Toil or anyone else here.

He opened his keyboard/mouth and was banned. None of anyone's fault but his. Period. Move on.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wasn't directed at you. Criticizing Hami for his driving is fair game. Ridiculing a 3 times WDC isn't because it serves no purpose other than trolling

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ??

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Weather could play a big part,expecting Lewis to redeem himself.Hope to get one Ferrari on the podium.

21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He means me, but not liking a driver isn't a crime Tif. I'm allowed to wish for a prediction same as anyone else.

Having humour about it is something common where I'm from, do you take everything seriously where you are from? In the UK, we like to 'take the piss' and be sarcastic about stuff. Simply stating "merc one-two, either one might win, no one else has a chance' is kinda boring, if most likely a fact.