Japanese GP 2016 - Predictions etc | FerrariChat

Japanese GP 2016 - Predictions etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Oct 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

2. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    If Ricci can make it to pole he'll walk away to finish first. A perspective I can live with.

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Agree, I think Ricci has moved up a gear.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Either one of the RBR on the front row could win this. Might be wet too....in which case I'll put money on Verstappen!

Ricciardo has stepped up again from last year when he was a bit ''lazy'', compared to 2014 and this year.

That said, Verstappen was a bit more cautious with him last Sunday, really didn't want to punt him off. If it was any other driver Verstappen would've taken him. Ricciardo enjoyed a small tire advantage as well, I believe related to Verstappen doing another lap in quali.

5. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Agree Bas, do we think that Versappen might just be the best thing that could've happened to ricci?

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Dan was cruising along until Max tried it on with Dan running older tyres only to be put in his place by Dan out-driving him at about the 35 lap mark (?)

Max did well not hitting him unlike the old Vettel-Webber days and once they both had to pull in for new tyres with the virtual safety car for Hamilton then it was all over.

If only Kimi could have made it to the podium, would have been brilliant

7. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Max was quicker all race, the tyre strategy didn't play into his advantage though. The first one came just slightly too early, therefor he needed a third.

When Max catched Ricc. in Ricc's second stint, Ricc was a bit lucky Hamiltons engine blew up. Max only got once chance to pass him. RB wheeled both of them in at the same time a lap later; Ricc. got new tyres, Max's tyres were 3 laps old. Max's pitstop lasted a second longer as well (2,4 vs. 3,4). He ended up 2,3 seconds behind Ricc. on the beginning of their last stint. He regained 1.2 seconds and reduced the gap to 1.1.

We'll never know what would happen if the both of them got an equally fast pitstop. But I can live with Ricc as a winner.

8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Me too obviously, but sort of glad Rosberg is leading the Championship.

Given the Mercedes dominance and the fight Rosberg has been given to Hamilton (remember one of the GOAT's ;) ) for the last 3 seasons, I'm just hoping he wins it.

Meanwhile Ferrari quit frankly doesn't really deserve anything more than their getting now.

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well, I'm hoping I can have the same luck as last time, and Elton gets another DNF, although preferably he gets his karma early on, allowing a race to develop, with a most likely rain affected race ending with Kimi, ricci, Vettel, Lil' Maxie, and Nico somewhere within the top three places around these guys to get some big points and turn the screw on eltons psyche.

If it's dry, I'd expect Nico to win though, with the car advantage, followed home in that case, assuming my luck holds out, by the red bulls and ferraris.

The force is strong in this one......... I see the implosion of a propulsion unit in eltons future! Hehehehehehe

10. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Typhoon on the way according to the BBC.

11. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Nico pole and win. He cant lose it now with so few races to go

12. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If it's a hard driving rain then I fancy vettel. I ceased watching but if it is a rain race I will record it.

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Lewis will win Nicole will DNF

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You're hilarious

15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I want to see Kimi and Max duke it out! Or Max and Ricci. Or Vettel and Max with no bleeping of Vettel's comments.

16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Realistically, the Mercedes are still favourite to get the top spots in qualifs and finish 1-2.

The real threat at Mercedes comes within: in-fighting or reliability issues.

17. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I predict Vettel will fail to finish... unfortunately.

But I hope I am wrong.

Nico
    Richie
    Hammy
    Kimi

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Forza Nico...... come on Britney, time to nail it! He's on the ropes

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Media snap back at Lewis Hamilton after distracted press conference | F1 News

Thanks to DF1 for posting this in the Elton appreciation thread. For obvious reasons, I was careful in comment there. Here, however

OMG, what a tool...... is he secretly a 13 year old girl? Snapchat, making silly faces and painting bunny ears on himself is funny? For CHILDREN, maybe, for an adult, NOT AT ALL, for a world champion in the press conference? - only if he is a total wanker

Seriously, some of you guys profess that this tool is the second coming, but I don't see how you can read the above article and not want to distance yourself from anything to do with the fool

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #22 Bas, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    +1

(removing my posts from that thread and pasting them here)

''Just some snaps of us drivers, it's quite funny''

Kimi agrees. No wait. The opposite of that:

https://twitter.com/FiftyBuckss/status/783918591200653312

Hi-la-ri-ous, Elton :rolleyes:.

His fans are praising him (they'll continue to do so, no matter what he does anyways) for ''fan interaction''. He couldn't keep his fingers of his phone for an hour? He can snapchat the other 23 hours whatever he wants. He behaves like a ****ing child. He's 31 ffs.

There is plenty of local press who haven't the chance of talking to Lewis or any other driver he's trying to distract, except for the presser, so it is disrespectful.

He behaved like a ****ing 14 year old in school, thinking he's clever/cool playing on his phone whilst the teacher didn't have the balls to take it away from him.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #23 Bas, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed