Mark Webber to retire completely end of this year | FerrariChat

Mark Webber to retire completely end of this year

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Oct 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As above. November will be his last race, and will remain to be an ambassador for Porsche.

Cheers for the good times Mark! I'm sure he'll remain active on social media. Good guy.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Ome day, every race driver wakes up and figures out "I don't want to do this anymore".

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Perhaps he can replace Kai Ebel.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have no pretention whatsoever at having read everything, but most of them who wrote memoirs, etc...say that after fifteen years or so of racing at high level, traveling is just killing them. Airports, taxis, hotels, airplanes, etc...take their toll. Don't know if Mark's hub of interest is in Australia, but if it is indeed, that should not help either as for distances.

Rgds

5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Running around in circles gets boring after a while. Plus, age usually does not make you faster. Those are some of the reasons why, despite I love watching races, I had never any interest in becoming a pro driver: your professional career peaks when you're still at half-life.

Anyway, I've never been fast enough for that.

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Same here. After trying for myself with not much success, I enjoyed being just a car owner at times and watch it being pedalled by somebody else in a race, rather than driving myself.

7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well done to Mark. A good bloke who did well in F1, and WEC. He's done it all in racing, and made a very healthy living whilst doing something he clearly loved. It's great that he can retire happy and healthy. On to the next chapter - life is full of great stuff to do. I doubt he will leave racing altogether...

8. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Opening door for Montoya who tested with Porsche last year.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    He is one of the few drivers that i really like. Great person and driver. I'm going to miss him for sure...but maybe he will not stay away for long..

10. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    LOL

+1

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He's one of my favorite drivers and has an amazing career having driven some of my favorite cars. Those being the Mercedes CLK GTR, CLK LM, and CLR, Jaguar R4 and R5, BMW Williams FW27, and the Porsche 919...

He's the man.

12. F1Nova

F1Nova Karting

Nov 29, 2012
    Aitutaki
    Always liked Mark..cept when he was running ahead of us.
    Glad to see him doing well in WEC. Good luck Webo.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think drinking the champers from Ricci's boot was the turning point. I mean what else is there to achieve in life!

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze