Some cool pics of the Honda PU | FerrariChat

Some cool pics of the Honda PU

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, Oct 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    GALLERY - Honda RA616H power unit - ESPN

You really do gotta marvel at the technology of engines today. it's amazing that manf know that putting this do-dad here... this do-hicky there makes the thing work.

2. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    And to think it's only a GP2 engine... ;)

(Manf, do-dadm, do-hickey, jeez, I'm glad my urban dictionary is just one google click away.......;) )

3. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    #3 ago car nut, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was at the Ferrari Museum in Modena admiring the 1966 F1 Ferrari on display. No wings, very straight forward. I could understand every component on the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If the Surtees/Ferrari divorced hadn't occurred that season, both would have been champion in1966.

Ferrari was way ahead of the other teams in having a car ready for the new 3L formula.

It was a tragic missed opportunity, after which the Scuderia went into the wilderness for years.

Instead, it was Jack Brabham and his home-grown Repco engine that took the title.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's not as if someone wanted to copy them...;)

6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Surtees had a problem with a Ferrari racing manager, not Enzo. Both admitted later that they should have stayed together. Surtees was one of the best on 2 wheels and four. He introduced GRP (fiberglass) to Ferrari. JS understood mechanical things and could relate to the mechanics. He built and tuned his own racing bikes.

7. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I'm probably too old, but I like the F1 cars before 1968 without wings and major sponsor logos.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm sorry, but that is one fugly looking engine (PU). Makes the Merc and Renault ones look stunningly beautiful ... and I assume the Ferrari one too.
    Pete

9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Yes, no much power, but it's really tight. I can't even see the compressor, embedded into so much stuff. Axial or centrifugal?