Hamilton or Rosberg? Place your bets | FerrariChat

Hamilton or Rosberg? Place your bets

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Oct 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Hamilton or Rosberg?

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. they both deserve it

4. If they don't drive for Ferrari I don't care

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Who will win the WDC and why?

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Chances are for whatever reason Rosberg will win one of the remaining races

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Lewis because he is the better 'racer'.

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Rosberg won't choke now, his foe is reliability

Elton has to not only win every race (which he won't), he also has to somehow get Nico beaten by someone else twice in three races (won't happen) or reliability issues for Nico, which are just as likely to affect Elton, in fact, probably more likely to affect him since he rants the balls off his car at all times while Nico spends time diminishing the stress on his engines when he can with his calm approach

5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I have the feeling that Hamilton is going to get it. Call it "luck of the champions" or whatever. Pity, as I´d prefer to see a new face at the top.

Anyway, I only really care about our guys.

6. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    I feel Nico will win this year because lewis has had so many engine issues, after all thats why he is ahead of the championship right now. Nico has drove perfectly and deserves the win by that alone, he has done nothing wrong and his car perfect.
    Were as Lewis has also drove perfectly apart from his starts, however his car and luck has been ****. He even said a week before his engine blew up that he did not trust the reliability of his engines. This would make any one paranoid.
    Both drivers are deserving, and it would be great for Mercedes to have two WCs as drivers. Had both cars been equil, then Lewis would have had this championship this year.
    So for me it looks like Nico will win, unless the clock is zeroed and he has one single engine problem, then it will be Lewis who wins.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If Nico doesn't have reliability issues or someone crashes into him, he'll be champion

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Is it just me that finds it slightly bad form to keep *****ing about reliability about your MERCEDES car (even pre Malaysia), when MERCEDES pays you 40m per year? Even after having won in Austin, all he could mutter on about was the reliability.

Great brand representation.

9. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Oh no, it wont be just you who thinks that. Because its lewis, the usual suspects like William, Daytona and your champion mod Neurobeaker will likley be thinking the same ;)

10. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    hmm... is there a different approach to being a 'brand ambassador' in England. Saying that, I rather have drivers speaking their mind than only having the PR three times digested and vomited out extremely diluted and polite nonsense. When Hamilton speaks his mind it doesn't make too much sense to me but I can live with that.

Of course this season can only get interesting again with technical issues coming to play. Since that is 50/50 between both cars my money surely is on Rosberg.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes that's the other side of the coin of course...I hate PR speak but after having just won a race, please shut up about fearing for your reliability. He'd make just as much an impact (or more even) by saying ''Yeah, turned engine down in lap 2 and just cruised''. That way you don't hurt your employer (in fact, speaking of it's superiority can only be positive) and hit your opponents who couldn't keep up with you.

Last time I checked, Mercedes primary source of income is selling cars, so having a guy you pay nearly a million a week say he constantly fears for reliability is a bit counter productive. It's different if you're say, Red Bull. If the car is unreliable, that's not going to hurt their sales because they sell cans. They don't sell engines or cars at mass production.

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh, so one of them is driving a Merc and what's the other one driving ??? :rolleyes:

Good god there are some seriously uninformed ************s posting rubbish

Once Mercs start losing on a regular basis they will be gone and start the PR marketing BS that Mercedes has nothing to prove :rolleyes:

Mercedes are opportunistic tossers, taking advantage of a stupid sets of rules that they lucked into.

If Ferrari had no restrictions on engine development they would have the most powerful car in the field as usual, this token system is a load of rubbish

13. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Not even your that ****ing stupid not to know i was talking about reliability, so save the rolling of the ****ing eyes.

14. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Whats with all the hostility.

15. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    That was a responce to his second line to me. I was not hostile towards him until then.
    There would be hostility if he attempted to say that to my face.
    ****ing internet :(

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    1 month ban.

3 month ban. You should have reported it rather than retaliated.

All the best,
    Andrew.

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton has had 1 DNF due to reliability this year.

He had 2 further issues with the car, once at Russia in Q3 (start 10th) and the next race in China (start last). In Russia he cheated across the first corner by nailing it when some cars had a coming together, and finished 2nd in the race. In China he was unlucky and got hit by one of the Saubers, he finished 7th. We all know in reality he would've finished 2nd at worst, had his engine not failed or if he didn't get hit. At Bahrain, he arrogantly turned in on Bottas which caused his own spin. Why Bottas got a penalty remains baffling to me.

Rosberg however also hasn't been completely reliable. At Silverstone he had a gearbox failure, which meant he lost 2nd place after the penalty. At Monaco he had brakes failure, which meant a guaranteed podium (considering Ricciardo's pace, who should've won that if it wasn't for his teams failings), meant he only finished 7th. Furthermore, he got hit in Sepang when Vettel barged into him, which cost him not only 2nd place, but the win also since Hamilton retired.

I'm not going to entertain that ''hamilton would've won those races'' because Rosberg beat him fair and square.

18. shimi

shimi Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2011
    sydney,australia
    Full Name:
    richi
    It's nicos time

19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I hope Rosberg wins.

That's as far as I can predict.

He doesn't have a huge advantage.

20. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    I want Rosberg to take the championship, but as Murray Walker used to say "anything happens in Grand Prix Racing and it usually does". Lols

Hamilton fans might literally want to place their bets - 3/1 with William Hill is not a bad bet at all with 3 races to go.

Best,

Sammy

21. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Great post. The facts don't support the narrative that Hamilton has been hit with horrible mechanical luck this year. Rosberg has beaten him plenty and would be a VERY deserving champion.

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I also think Rosberg is more deserving...especialy because this is the first year that Mercedes boses haven't interfered with the fight...last 2 years they clearly suported hamilton but i believe his behavior during the last 2015 races in this year changed that.

23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Rosberg. It's his turn. Hamilton will try to screw it up for him but the team will prevent that.

24. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If we're lucky it will go down to the final race, then we'll see who is actually the better driver.

25. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Ros cos he deserves it, unlike the spoilt brat