2017 F1 calendar | FerrariChat

2017 F1 calendar

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Dec 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#1 DF1, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    After all the worry about Monza has now been rinsed out, glad is on the calendar.

My favourite track.

3. DF1

+1 but the news is not fully sorted on Brazil it seems. Hopefully that will remain.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    And the hotels in Austin and near the Mexican airport are already sold out

5. DF1

What?????

6. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    They've got to speed up that Dutch GP thing.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup.

Always the same story: The hotels in Austin block the F1 GP date, you can't book them as they are trying to sell those stupid weekend packages of hotel plus tickets.

At this point I have a reservation for a motel outside downtown, but that's not where the action is. So I'm hoping that as we get closer to the race (say 2 weeks before) the hotel managers get cold feet being stock with unsold rooms and put them back on the market. Seems to be that way every year.

As for Mexico City I only want a hotel near the airport, which is also near the track. But I'm guessing the teams block book those in advance. Nothing available at all. Bummer.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    New plans are apparently to build another tilke drome in a godforsaken hell hole. Completely flat and zero imagination.

It's very simple: Extend the straight on Zandvoort, extend pitlane and paddock. Plenty of seats can be made on the dunes around it (and cheap, too!).

Traffic will need sorting out by giving Zandvoort residents only entrance to the town for driving in/out, close of the entrance almost completely and run coaches and insert extra trains. It's not impossible.

Haarlem has many hotels, and only a 6 minute train ride away (even less if they miss the pointless stop in between). Hundreds of restaurants there, Zandvoort has plenty too. Local and surrounding economies will get a HUGE cash injection, frankly.

9. DF1

Ah makes sense. The show needs rooms and its about package deals.....

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This reminds me that I still need to post my pics from this year's GP trip

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Andreas, if it is just you, I have a guest room available. If with others, I have a queen inflatable. Not entirely close, but it will be a great weekend. Not luxurious like a Four Seasons stay, but it would be free.

The FCA party is already in planning mode and it will be quite awesome!

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Randy. Wife will come along as well and she prefers downtown hotels. See you at the FCA party!

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 8, 2016

Growing financial loss at Austrian GP?

Austrian grand prix venue, the Red Bull Ring, has recorded an alarming financial loss for 2016.

That is the claim of the Austrian weekly business magazine Trend, shortly after it was confirmed that Germany will not host a race next year for financial reasons.

Trend said the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, having returned to F1 in 2014 thanks to circuit owner and promoter Dietrich Mateschitz, lost about EUR 30 million in 2016.

The report said the higher numbers are due mainly to a decline in ticket sales, following a "steeply falling trend" since the race's revival in 2014.

Indeed, 95,000 attended the 2014 race, followed by just 40,000 in 2016. The financial loss in 2015, meanwhile, was reportedly already almost EUR 18 million.

"Red Bull has already reacted to the loss and lowered ticket prices for the grand prix in 2017," said an insider.

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I'm planning to do Spa/Monza next year ,before they start to mess with them.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Let me know if you need some pointers

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Will do ,cheers!

17. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    JANUARY 6, 2017

Silverstone warns it could break F1 contract

A new cloud has moved over the future of the British grand prix.

F1 business journalist Christian Sylt revealed that a letter from Silverstone owner the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC) explained the "potentially ruinous risk" that financial problems could spell the race's end.

The Club has a contract with Bernie Ecclestone until 2026, but BRDC chairman John Grant said in the letter published by ITV that he is thinking about "whether we should give notice before the 2017 (race) of our intention to exercise the break clause".

If that clause is exercised, Silverstone will cease hosting the British grand prix after 2019.

F1 legend Sir Jackie Stewart said Grant's warning must be taken seriously.

"I think it's a credible threat and not impossible for it to happen."

And F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone added: "If they want to activate a break clause, there is nothing we can do.

"Two other tracks have contacted us and we are keen to keep a British grand prix. As far as Silverstone is concerned, it's not in our hands."