Who will get the Merc seat? | FerrariChat

Who will get the Merc seat?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferraripilot, Dec 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Ok, Nico's done. Now for the interesting discussion.

The question is: How ironed-in are Fred or Seb? Or will Lewis get his way?

regarding Seb: If I remember right, we were told in so many ways that Seb had a creative exit clause in his contract at Red Bull that stated he could leave the team if the car were not competitive to a certain degree, such competitive terms have not been disclosed to the public though. I cannot imagine he wouldn't have such language in his contract with Ferrari.

regarding Fred: There is no way he doesn't have an exit clause with that team as he full-well knew what he was climbing into, as his only reason for going with such a team was because he knew there was no way anyone were going to best Mercedes any time soon. He had to go somewhere that might have had a chance to do something innovative. McLaren were a good choice as they staffed well and had a good agreement with an engine supplier. What happens with McLaren in the future remains a big question, but it's clear Mercedes aren't slowing down any time soon.

door number 3: Lewis gets his way and has a genuine #2 driver on the team that has to do his bidding and be a full-time tail-gunner. Don't doubt this as a possibility as I'm sure Mercedes are fed up with the nonsense to a certain degree, but they will never be fed up with 1-2 race victories, which to do so requires a darn good pair of drivers.....

2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Moderator. Please merge this with the thread titled the same that started just before mine