little ballerina | FerrariChat

little ballerina

Discussion in 'F1' started by fatbillybob, Dec 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Hamilton hints at Mercedes 'disrespect' | PlanetF1 : PlanetF1

It is amazing to me that merc puts up with the ballerina as 3 time WDC lauda calls him. They could put a monkey in the 2016 car and win the constructors. Maybe merc should replace both its drivers for some guys who are team players in this team sport.

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Love that idea.

Robb

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Toto and Niki should be the new drivers obviously

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    From the article:

Is there still anyone asking why Nico did not tell them in advance that he might leave ???

PS: about being disrespectful: Lewis should reflect on himself how often he was disrespectful of the team and his team mate in particular....

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not Lauda but Jackie Stewart ;)
    +1

6. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Even when telling the World: " The way Formula One is run is not good enough at the moment.", Hamilton still has to turn it into a: "I should be the 2016 World Champion!" article!: (From: Lewis Hamilton: The way Formula One is run isn?t good enough - Formula 1 - Eurosport Australia ):

Lewis Hamilton believes Formula One could become “more inviting to the fans” if it adopts templates used in American sports.

The three-time world champion pointed at events such as the Super Bowl when claiming his own sport falls short in terms of entertainment.

And with the presence of Taylor Swift and Usher at the Austin GP helping set an attendance record in 2016, the British driver - speaking in an interview with Time - supported the idea of holding concerts alongside races.

" The way Formula One is run is not good enough at the moment."

" The Super Bowl, the events Americans do, the show they put on is so much, so much better. So if you were to mix in a little bit of that template through there, I think we’d be more inviting to the fans."

Okay so far............But then:

The Mercedes driver was second-best in the 2016 season as team-mate Nico Rosberg took his first world title.

But Hamilton, who again insisted he wasn’t given an “equal opportunity” this year after three engine failures, says his desire to regain the championship has doubled - though he will have to wait until the New Year to discover his new team-mate following Rosberg's shock retirement.

" The team’s job is to provide both drivers with equal opportunity. And unfortunately, I didn’t have equal opportunity, because I had failures on our side of the garage. The other side didn’t. So that puts more stress on the importance of myself sucking every ounce of opportunity. At the end, that’s all I could have done. I didn’t do anything dangerous.

I didn’t put anyone in harm’s way. I’d do it again. You’re out there to fight.

I’m in a good head space [for 2017], I have a process that I need to take into next year. When I lost the championship, the motivation to want to take it back next year became twofold. I now have twice the desire."

For crying out loud Lewis! - Change the record!........You're wearing the groove out of this one!

You lost! - Nico won!

In F1, s:censored:t happens, as do mechanical failures!...........Stop crying and moaning constantly about how you should have won it! - Every time you do it you just sound more and more like a p:censored:ss poor pathetic loser!

Try showing a bit of class, keep your mouth shut about it, move on and just get over it already!

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's got a terrible memory, that's for sure....!

But he's also the self proclaimed moral 2016 champion so...

8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 20, 2016

Hamilton wants to keep same crew

Lewis Hamilton says he wants to keep his entire crew of mechanics and engineers for 2017.

Throughout this year, a bone of contention between Mercedes and the triple world champion was the way boss Toto Wolff shuffled up members of Hamilton and former teammate Nico Rosberg's race crews prior to the season.

"I'll speak to Toto about next year and say 'I don't want my guys being changed'," Hamilton told Britain's Channel 4 television.

"I am now their only world champion so hopefully they respect and appreciate that and the commitment I'll put in next year."

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hammy can't accept the fact that Nico beat him; and Nico beat him using Hammy's old crew. if the Benz isn't head and shoulders above everyone else next year Elton's meltdowns will be the best thing in formula 1. With more emphasis on aero RB could well dominate, and Elton could quickly become a footnote.

10. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Maybe Rosberg didn't completely decide to retire till after the end of the season. I don't think he owes Merc anything!

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He owe's them zero. He left and his contract does not have to be paid out. Win win for both. Why would you want a driver to stay who is done driving? LOL> Its quite simple. He said Im done and gave more notice than some in the past. The team will survive and nicely and now the 'ballerina' can have it all to himself and be pleased.

Its old news now. LH and Mercedes have better things to worry about.

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He really is a delusional prat..... this is why I can't stand him, and why his reputation within teams is that of a spoilt brat. Toto and niki might be in love with Elton, but I doubt Mercedes board are enjoying the bull**** he talks, and the blame he lays on their team quite so much as some would have us think. According to Elton, it's because of him they win, whereas in the real world, we know, it's because of mercedes that Elton was able to - well- come second to Nico hehehehehehehe

13. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ROFL. Yah that was a pretty funny statement. It's just so silly. Luck is a factor in all sports. Even ones that don't involve machines.

14. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Again, we know that is untrue (monkey could drive it) based on the times put down in the Merc by test drivers. While they may not play as much of a role as you would like, the driver is still a very important part of the equation.

15. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    If he wants to attribute luck into it so be it, he has been the luckiest driver of all time to not have toil in a mediocre car once in his entire F1 career and has been in the very best car most of his career. It is not like he went to a team and developed the car like Schumacher had to with Ferrari. His own team has said he does not develop the car, he just drives the car fast. Most, if not all of the grid would trade him places almost every year of his career.

The only teammate that he had to beat (well tied if we are being honest) that was great was Alonso and imho Fernando had some growing up to do and lacked focus in 2007.

He did not dominate Button or Rosberg, they actually were able to beat him. Schumacher ruined his teammates careers by utterly dominating them. He may have had number one status, but from 1992-2006 it would not have mattered, the only 2 that could stay with him were Mika and Fernando.

The ballerina attitude has gotten stale now, he needs to shut up and drive next year if he wants to silence his critics.

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Testing times mean absolutely nothing. Nasr/Ericcson would coast to a WCC in the 2016 Mercedes and one of them would have easily won the WDC.

Most dominant car over the course of 3 years in F1 history and it's not. even. close.

17. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    The only car that had enjoyed similar dominance that I can think of was the Porsche 917/30 in the original Can-Am series in 1973 and the 917 killed the series...

18. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Testing times mean nothing? Okydoky...why even test?

Nasr and Ericsson are both competent drivers and not monkeys. I'm glad we agree.

I always wonder if the people that make these statements have ever even driven an openwheel car....or one with 900+HP and no traction control. Hahahahha.

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What he meant was that testing times are a million miles away from setting a 'race competitive' lap. They are laps done under testing conditions, i.e. New parts, various specs, various tyre temps and pressures, fuel loads, with specific requirements for driving style etc. So yes, while the times mean something, they couldn't be compared to setting a Qualifying lap or race lap.

20. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    In the car, he's an incredibly gifted driver, who's driving talent I can admire.

Out of the car, he's all too often like a spoilt brat, whinging and whining on an on about how it's not fair, how he should have won, how the team let him down, how Nico only won due to better luck/better equipment etc., etc., and like a lot of the rest of the World, I'm sick and tired of hearing it from him!

We don't still hear Alonso constantly moaning in the press some 3~6 years later about how he should have beaten Vettel in 2010, 2012 and 2013 whilst he was at Ferrari, due to the team letting him down, his car letting him down, Vettel having the better luck or the better car, but I can't help thinking that in 3~6 years time, Hamilton will still be dragging this same old s:censored:t up every chance he gets!

I suspect if Lewis Hamilton were to win a 10th WDC, on being congratulated on such an incredible achievement, his first words would be:

"Yeah but it should be 11 Championships! Back in 2016 Mercedes didn't give Me a proper chance to win that year and I lost an easy World Championship to Rosberg purely because he had better luck and reliability!"

I can see him being 90 years old one day and there being a special celebratory interview with him that will go like this:

Interviewer: "Lewis, you've had an incredible racing career and an amazing life spanning some 90 years now.......When you look back over it all, what's the one thing that stands out the most?"

Lewis: "Oh that's an easy one!.............Fifty eight years ago, back in 2016, My team let Me down with a car that was unreliable, and I lost the World Championship to Nico Rosberg. He only won because of better reliability and luck, but that Championship was really mine!"

:p

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I would understand that if this was the only shot they had on the WDC...if it would have been the one year of Brawn GP f.e., an opportunity never coming back.
    But like this he and Nico simply should be thankfull (as should be Vettel) for being given the opportunity to drive such a car and get the results they got. Because in 20 years Hamilton will be a looked at as a multiple WDC and nobody will discuss how much was the car, the WDC will be his and not the Mercedes.

I would have understand if Schumacher would have been pissed if Irvine won the WDC in 1999 earning what he worked for but that would be about the only occasion in "recent" years when one could have had the right to rail against his fate.
    Hamilton should make peace with the 2016 Season, not only for our sake but also for his own. No need to carry that around for the next years.

22. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sure. But the teams know what they are changing and they know who is faster even with/without those changes. Otherwise the data would be worthless. You hold some things constant and change others and that is how you draw conclusions. It's nonsense to believe that all the drivers are equally capable in the same car. None of the teams believe that (money shows that), so it's curious to me that an observer would believe that to be true.

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I have come to the conclusion that I will never fully enjoy F1 until Hamilton retires.
    I am sick to hear about him.
    To me, he is the fly in the ointment.
    There were drivers that I didn't like much, but nothing like that guy.

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Show me where I said all drivers are equal. I said that testing times are not qualifying times, period. Drivers are obviously of different levels, but there isn't that much of a gap between them, and give a decent driver the Mercedes, and the outright pace of that car gives him an awfully big head start to beat the rest, even if he isn't brilliant

Be careful with the answer, as if the Mercedes can't give that difference, then it means the Elton fans will be upset because it will confirm that Rosberg is his equal (and this year, his master)

25. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Not you - I was responding to the earlier statements that any monkey can drive the Merc. There is a contingent here that actually believes it's "easy" to drive an F1 car. Most people here couldn't drive a 140HP FF 1 lap without eating a wall.

One person went so far as to say that a good FF driver would kill a lot of the current F1 drivers. That sort of thing is beyond hilarious.