Montoya: Vettel and Alonso the best . . . | FerrariChat

Montoya: Vettel and Alonso the best . . .

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Feb 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Alonso and Ricciardo hands down the most complete and Max getting to this level. We already saw about Vettel in 2014. Lewis probably the outright fastest grid on the but sometimes too many mistakes. I think I can count on one hand the number of times Alonso or Ricciardo have made errors in a race. Interesting comments about Ralf.

2. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    "Montoya picked out Vettel and Alonso as better all-round drivers than three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton.

"Vettel is one of the most complete guys and I think Fernando [as well]," he said. "I ran with Fernando all my career and I think those are the two overall best drivers.

"Lewis does a really good job but they are in the best car. It's very easy to think the guy in the best car is the best driver, but the question is if they were not in the best car, how would they handle things? I think Fernando and Sebastian have endured that and I think they are the best."

Juan-Pablo raced numerous times against all of them, hence his view is correct.

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    whats Juan up to these days

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I think he did a test with Porsche's LMP car. I thought he was going to drive for them this year. Any news on this?

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    His F1 career ended in 2006

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He has some serious experience in F1 among other efforts. That is not the worst opinion given on the current set of F1 pilots at all. His comment on LH is correct overall, and FA is the most complete on the grid.

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    He has a one-off this year at the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race with Penske.

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Too bad they don't repay the complement to him....