F1 Imola San Marino 1994 (2 videos) JUST SURFACED THIS YEAR. | FerrariChat

F1 Imola San Marino 1994 (2 videos) JUST SURFACED THIS YEAR.

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not much to see here

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Even if it is new footage. I don't care to watch this tragedy.

5. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Invaluable video—from a historic POV—documenting a tragic weekend.

Attention FIA and Liberty, watch the first video over and over and over again and maybe then you'll understand the magnetic attraction and sheer adrenalin rush produced by the sound of those engines in race mode. I got chills just from watching! That alone is worth the price of admission to a GP weekend. Anyone arguing the notion that sound doesn't make a difference is delusional.

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Interesting footage

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A tragedy....

8. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    The problem is, most circuits today are subject to much lower noise level limits due to "noise pollution", so it's not quite as easy as simply making the cars that loud again.

9. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I think you are correct. While this weekend was my least favorite weekend in F1 as we lost Senna and Ratzenburger almost Rubens. The drama of just the cars taking their place on the grid is more exciting than the last 3 years in F1. The sounds and gladiator feel of F1 has gone. I do think the current drivers are talented and I am glad the sport (ish) is much safer, but alas it is just not near as compelling and impressive as it used to be. I do not know if we can ever get back that feeling as things are much more regulated and the manufacturers wield so mich power, but it has to get better or F1 will end up like CART/IRL and be no longer relevant.

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    What a tragic weekend!

11. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    My wife and were in Bologna a few years ago so we decided to drive down to San Marino; it was the 20th anniversary and I wanted to see Tamburello, and the Senna memorial. I was really struck by what a small community it is; the walk to the track actually went through a beautiful tree-lined residential street. I could only imagine what the chaos of a race weekend must have been like to those home owners, not to mention the noise. I suppose this could be weighed against the influx of spending from all those people that I'm sure benefited the Centro.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Correct.

Noise abatement is the biggest threat to circuits.

Several famous tracks have already disappeared because they couldn't operate anymore within the noise limits imposed by local authorities, and more are under threat.

That's an aspect some people refuse to consider.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What has this world become? Pathetic

14. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I have a coworker whose in laws own property adjacent to Lime Rock, and even though that track has restrictions for muffled/unmuffled events, they and other homeowners have been trying for years to further tighten those guidelines. I suspect they're really fighting to eventually close the track by making it economically unfeasible.

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, noise, pollution, and danger are the concerns of the new generation looking for changes.

Those who oppose them are really swimming against the tide.

Better adapt than go under, IMO.

16. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I go to Lime Rock and see the lawn signs with that all the time and nothing makes me angrier. So they didn't realize they were purchasing next to a track? They want to regulate the days of week they can race etc. Useless the lot of them.