What are you hoping/excited to see this season? | FerrariChat

What are you hoping/excited to see this season?

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, Mar 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    For me, having really dug into the technical side of F1 the past few years, I'm like a lot of the fans who wish the downforce would go away. I used to think the exact opposite until I better understood the downside. It would be a good change for a few years in a new era.

That being said, seeing some of the testing footage... these cars look like they're on rails through the corners and the speed looks to be significantly faster. What I'm now looking forward to is Silverstone and Spa. The Maggots/Becketts complex and Eau Rouge provide some of the most thrilling spectacles in F1. It seems it's one of the few parts of any track where the cameras really capture the speed of these cars and what's actually taking place with the chassis, tires, and aero as they blast through. I think this year, it's going to be even more impressive and I'm really looking forward to see that.

What are you guys thinking about as the first race approaches?

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    finally better looking cars - like F-1 cars of the 90's... wide, big wings. I hope Ferrari are genuinely fast, but fear Mercedes - Hamilton will dominate. Nice to see if Bottas can win with a good car.

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    1. Ferrari roast Merc to win the wdc.

2. Max emerges as a true force. Stuffs Ricci and claims the right to be seen as a future wdc

3. McLaren finish a race - unlikely to happen until late in the season ;)

4. Massa retires - for real.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I would like to see Massa kick Bottas' ass. Unlikely, but would be fun anyway.

5. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    That at least 1 team (Ferrari) or even 2 emerges as worthy equivalents to Mercedes. These past 2 years has been races between 2 Mercedes drivers. C'mon!

6. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I'm hoping:

- Many podiums and victories for S.F conquering both titles
    - Massa in the podium, as this car fits him better and I'm kinda resentful for 2008.
    - Verstapen fighting for WDC

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would like to see a season where it was not a forgone conclusion who would win each race 3 days before it was won.

8. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Verstappen/Kimi battle to the final race of the season for WDC!!!!!!!!

9. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    This and only this.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    3 teams or 4 drivers sharing the wins during the season.

But guess which ones , or who they are !!

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ferrari to win every race, Elton to retire having been beaten by bottles, hopefully by race six, and alonso taking his place at merc. That'll do me

12. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    This will be good enough to satisfy many, including me.

I'd like to hear McLaren announce they're changing engine suppliers before we get to Abu Dhabi.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

That would be freakin' awesome. Also Haas on the podium once in some kind of upset. The little teams need a break!

14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    The chance of Ferrari being well and truly in the fight for pole and wins each race.

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This^ would be the key for me. The driver battles are interesting. For the sport at large we need honest challenge to Mercedes more so.

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Ferrari victories! Why say more? :D:D:D

17. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    some wheel to wheel racing and crashing.

18. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Ferrari on the podium on every single Grand Prix.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The opnly decent thing to hapen is Kimi and Seb taking the first tom places in the championship, Bottas beating Elton and Massa winning another racing..also beating Elton...ohh. Alonso should quit every race...Hope Hulkenberg will do good..

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Anyone but Mercedes winning a race. Probably wont happen

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No Bernie

Pete

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Sadly I think he will find a way to get himself on camera this season.

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Somebody (not only Bottas) able to challenge Hamilton for the entire season to make a thrilling season finale without the artificial suspense of a team internal duel...If it is Red Bull it is OK, if it is Ferrari or both even better. And if Vettel wins a WDC for Ferrari showing his critics the (middle)finger I could life with that as well...

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    An epic battle for the titles between Red Bull and Ferrari. Mercedes degraded to 3rd best (the lower the better but some realism is needed!). Bottas to better Hamilton who goes onto his usual whinging ways (wild theories included).

I want Force India, Williams, STR, Haas and Renault to all be close together. I think Sauber and Mclaren are the 2 at the back, just for ****s and giggles I do want Sauber to score a few valuable points and actually be ahead of Mclaren. I don't hate Mclaren at all, obviously wish them well and want them to compete near the front again where they belong but it's pretty funny. It stopped being funny last season but with testing it became all funny again :D

25. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

MARCH 15, 2017

Teams meet with F1 owner Liberty in London

The big names in F1 have this week headed from a farewell party for Bernie Ecclestone to a meeting with the sport's new owners.

Last week, the ousted F1 supremo's friend Flavio Briatore revealed that every major figure in the sport headed to London to farewell Ecclestone, 86.

"I was surprised that everyone was there," F1 legend and Mercedes team chairman Niki Lauda told the Austrian broadcaster ORF.

"After the first shock, he was in a good mood all night and the farewell party was very well received," he added.

Lauda said he and many others in the paddock will "miss" Ecclestone.

But at the same time, the sport is now looking confidently into its future headed by new owner Liberty Media and Ecclestone's successors Chase Carey and Ross Brawn.

Lauda says the F1 team bosses were invited to London this week to meet with Carey and his team.

"He will tell us where we are heading," said the Austrian.

"They bring new ideas to formula one, which we need." But Lauda also said patience is required, as there are limits to what Liberty can change straight away.

"The organisers have contracts, the teams have contracts," he said. "But there will certainly be news and I can imagine that they will be brought in this year."