F1 drivers | FerrariChat

F1 drivers

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, Apr 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
  2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    NASCAR is challenging.

But this is amazing car control; but more importantly racecraft. Just awesome stuff.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    He was near the back of the grid. It's hard to overtake 9 cars when you are on pole. ;)

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Respectfully, there are only a handful (tops) of drivers on the grid capable of a display like that from the back of the grid...in the wet.

5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

wait, when was this VES changed to VER? so Vergne no longer in for the game?

6. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

MARCH 2, 2017

Verstappen gets F1 abbreviation tweak for 2017

A minor tweak has put a smile on Max Verstappen's face in Barcelona.

The Red Bull driver made an application to F1's governing body to have the 'VES' abbreviation of his name for official timing screens changed to 'VER'.

Dutchman Verstappen made his debut in 2015, when Jean-Eric Vergne was already Ferrari's reserve driver and therefore the holder of the 'VER' handle.

Verstappen, 19, is quoted by the Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws: "When it become known that Vergne was no longer with Ferrari, I immediately said that I wanted to be 'VER' -- the first letters of my name, as my father used to have.

"The team applied for it and it was approved. I am already 'VER' on the screens here," he added in Barcelona.