Kvyat asking for more trouble....... | FerrariChat

Kvyat asking for more trouble.......

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Jun 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Who friggen cares ?

3. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    doesn't matter. Kyat and palmer will not be in F1 next year.....thats a fact. Stroll has at least one more year and then thats it

4. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Kvyat is a prat that has deserved everything he has gotten....

Head waaaay to big for what he has achieved.

5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    While you could be right for Kvyat and Palmer, Stroll might yet settle down and have a longer F1 career than just two seasons - it's premature to write him off now.

All the best,
    Andrew.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I don't see what the problem is. The stewards are at fault. He's right to criticize them. Mexico last year Seb ever cursed at Charlier directly, and to some, he was lauded as a hero. Remove your rose tinted glasses please.

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    kvyat comes off as a massive ******.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +1

I'd be pissed if I was Kvyat. Heck how hard is it to run a simple car race. Bunch of old men that should retire ...
    Pete

9. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    While I agree with this sentiment, Kvyat is still gone at the end of this season.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree wuth Kvyat on that one; the penalty was not justified , IMO.

If that's the rules, the rules are stupid then.

I cannot see how regaining your spot on the grid after a glitch on the pre-grid can be seen as a driver's fault, bad driving or endangering the other cars.

Silly rules, I would say ...

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    They gave him the wrong drive through penalty first and then asked him to do the stop and go as well because they got it wrong the first time.

12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Sour grapes between Carlos and Daniil.

JUNE 12, 2017

Sainz, Kvyat relationship hits road bump

The relationship between Toro Rosso drivers Carlos Sainz and Daniil Kvyat has hit a bump in the road.

In Montreal qualifying, Spaniard Sainz hit out about supposed unfair treatment when it came to getting an aerodynamic 'draft' on the straight.

"We change the order the cars go out at every race and everyone in the team knows it," Kvyat said.

"From my side everything is clear, so if he is brave, he should come and talk to me. But it seems that he prefers to talk to me through journalists.

"From my side I have nothing to say to him. I know that I behaved properly.

"In Baku he should be behind me but now I'm not sure I want to work with him after everything he said. I'm not sure that we want to cooperate in the qualifying," Kvyat added.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t care if the one complaining is Kvyat or Iosif Stalin: if the stewards are wrong then he´s got the right to complain.

Everybody can have a brain fade from time to time, but the F1 stewards have made too many mistakes already. When things go wrong, drivers, engineers and team principals are fired. How many times Charlie Whiting and friends can screw it up again before getting sacked?

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

After his car failed to get of the line he got on the radio to see if it was ok to pass the medical car or not...The team didn't know what they should do (and presumably told him to just go with his grid spot and deal with the aftermath later).

He is 100% correctly upset, not for the initial penalty, but the 2nd one that came on top of it! He already did his drive through, but the FIA Stewards made a (catastrophic IMO, considering the money riding on this!) mistake, the text literally said ''Kvyat given additional 10 second stop/go penalty, after Stewards awarded wrong penalty initially'' (I'd get the picture up but my internet is so dreadful currently I can't find it). THEY admit their own mistake, but yet make the driver take a huge penalty for it.

The additional penalty, AFTER Kvyat served the penalty already given, is ludicrous. It's a tight field and 1 point difference at the end of the season could be a good few million extra or not, what a kick in the balls. Try getting that point back, never going to happen.

In fact I feel particularly bad for Kvyat, he was obviously hugely promising from day one in F1, got the bump up to the big boy team and did very well against Ricciardo. Then it all fell apart after getting replaced, and it's been bad luck every other weekend...and if he didn't have bad luck finally, he'd make a mess of it all by himself!

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree.