Will Ferrari bounce back? | FerrariChat

Will Ferrari bounce back?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tifosi Ferrari, Jun 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    They're over 1 sec in qualifying in Baku. Looks petty bad at the moment what do you reckon should both drivers of Ferrari do to get back up? I am thinking both should try to push for a brilliant start and try to jump both Mercs at the start in my opinion so that their odds will look better.

2. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    They should. Mercedes power is still the best. Vettel is on an old PU, I think they are just looking to minimize damage this weekend. 3rd or better for Vet would be a good weekend.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'd be surprised if they did

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    They may not find a circuit that suits their car until Hungary.

5. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Isn't this what all drivers try to do at the beginning of the race - get a brilliant start and try to overtake the cars in front ;) I don't think they will try to stay 3rd/4th on purpose.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    At the beginning of the season I predicted Ferrari would win 7 races this year.

I'm still sticking with that.

7. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Merc domination from here out. Was fun while it lasted

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Depends on the reason for the time gap that Merc. If it's set us related, then it's not the end of the world and they will bounce back. If it's due to engine power as a result of not being allowed to burn oil (which apparently Ferrari use more than Merc) then its game over as thats a permanent set back

9. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Gee you guys throw the towel in early ........ with no more token system I have faith in Ferrari to pull something out of the fire that will do it

10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Despite all the BS that Hamilton has been saying lately to make look his career more epic, Mercedes always have been the favourites. They got caught off guard because in these latest seasons they were always running alone and had some trouble dealing with the new rules.

I never thought that we had a real chance at the championship but I hope that Baku is a one-off and we can put a fight at other tracks.

11. petrol head 11

petrol head 11 Karting

Sep 21, 2016
    The SF70 is not as fast in a straight line as the Mercedes , also I think it's not as quick off the line as last year's. car.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The odds are stacked against us. Mercedes has worked night and day to resolve their problems, and judging by Canada and Baku, it seems to have worked. Ferrari on the other hand....well it seems they've been going with ''the car works very well, we'll just let Mercedes catch up'' :rolleyes:. No such thing as a big upgrade yet.

Red Bull has similarly worked very hard and past 2 weekends are getting very close to the front. Now I'm not worried about them per se, because they'll lack the engine performance...but they're getting to the level that they're going to sneak valuable points away.

Another BIG issue we have is that the Ferrari is not nearly as reliable as the Mercedes. It's fine for now, but we'll have more penalties to take than them.

Ferrari better have a big upgrade in the pipeline very soon, because this championship is slipping away.

13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1

reliability a factor for the Scuderia. They have one eye on their rivals ahead of them and one

eye at their competitors behind them.

RedBull - Adrian Newey is back in the garage and "tweaking" the RB13 per GP and slowly

making progress (7 GP's).

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ferrari drivers keep having issues with their brakes.

15. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    #15 Tifosi Ferrari, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Also Tires. Kim said after qualifying that the tires wasn't working for them. Seb has the older engine used cause the new one had a problem which might of explained the over 1 sec difference. I read that the old burning was also with ferrari also so they might of gotten affected by the FIA's ruling, but that's more rumor base and not a confirmed one.

16. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    Result are wow. Anyway that aside will they run the new engine in Baku in the any of the next power track? So that they can try to beat out Merc on that territory. If it's fixed that is.

17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    You said the same thing after practice 2 of the Spanish Grandprix.

18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Yes they will.