Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Racing & Tracking > F1

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
Well, maybe its an impressive story that a 2 year old team is kicking this veteran teams' posterior!
To each his own. I'm patriotic, but not foolishly, or, easily, misled. I weigh the facts first then decide.
Again, a sub-Ferrari team Haas (engine and chassis bits) out-pointing a ('first time in 50 years of existence) down-and-out McLaren (in stature, maybe only second to Ferrari), is not impressive.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-17-2017, 02:02 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Pedro Braga Soares
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
That's also the timescale I have in mind.

I don't think Hulkenberg is WDC material.

They need somebody else to lift the team up.

Sainz perhaps ?
Hulk is as goos as anyone, i would put him against Elton everyday..sainz is not even close...
Old 07-17-2017, 02:34 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by furoni View Post
Hulk is as goos as anyone, i would put him against Elton everyday..sainz is not even close...
+1 Hulk is easily as good as Bottas and look how well he's doing. He deserves a shot.

Personally, I don't think Merc should change their driver line up. It's working out just fine. Ferrari need to replace Kimi asap, but interestingly it is Vettel who is insisting he stays as a condition of resigning for next year. Hulk would be a worthy Kimi replacement.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:54 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by subirg View Post
+1 Hulk is easily as good as Bottas and look how well he's doing. He deserves a shot.

Personally, I don't think Merc should change their driver line up. It's working out just fine. Ferrari need to replace Kimi asap, but interestingly it is Vettel who is insisting he stays as a condition of resigning for next year. Hulk would be a worthy Kimi replacement.
I like that choice and I dont really care what Vettel thinks about the other driver. Id like to see someone make him work a little harder/be pushed and help the team out. Vettel is also replaceable. He is not the team at all. I would not miss Vettel at all.

Ive grown a bit tired of him between Mexico and Baku he might want to hit the clinic for some relaxation and counseling in August. Ive got a nice one in Bad Ragaz for him to recharge in Switzerland if he needs it.

Id be happy to see 2 new drivers at Ferrari with a bit more Bottas in them. Say quick off the line, make the best of the cars capability and be worried about bringing it back in the best possible position to maximize the teams effort. Not complaining about a start, a pass, a battle, a small deceleration or what time dinner is......
Old 07-17-2017, 03:55 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Bas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
Well, maybe its an impressive story that a 2 year old team is kicking this veteran teams' posterior!

I think the Haas story is an interesting one that a lot of Americans can identify with. I'd like that then the constant excuses for McLaren failure by NBC who take the smallest and even false statistic and point to McLaren's "grand come back".

"Isn't it wonderful Alonso is running 10th? He's in the points! How that will make the people back at Woking so proud!"

Two laps later he pits and is 17th.

10 laps later his engine dies.
I feel for you guys with such terrible commentary! 10th and proud? 10th and depressed more like! Mclaren can be proud again when they're challenging podiums and wins... Lets not forget that they claim he was in that position and didn't even understand he was yet to pit, lol.

Haas has done great and I'm really impressed by them. Sure, brake issues for far too long but could have been driver related (as it's only Grosjean it seems), their recent update worked fantastic and to me it appears that they've now become the better qualifier than Williams on merit, and with good race pace they should be able to finish ahead of them also. If they bring Leclerc to F1 next year that would be great.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:01 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF1 View Post
I like that choice and I dont really care what Vettel thinks about the other driver. Id like to see someone make him work a little harder/be pushed and help the team out. Vettel is also replaceable. He is not the team at all. I would not miss Vettel at all.

Ive grown a bit tired of him between Mexico and Baku he might want to hit the clinic for some relaxation and counseling in August. Ive got a nice one in Bad Ragaz for him to recharge in Switzerland if he needs it.

Id be happy to see 2 new drivers at Ferrari with a bit more Bottas in them. Say quick off the line, make the best of the cars capability and be worried about bringing it back in the best possible position to maximize the teams effort. Not complaining about a start, a pass, a battle, a small deceleration or what time dinner is......
Personally I like Seb and I'd be very pleased if he stays...however, if he has to go who is a good long term replacement? Short term is easy, that's Alonso. IMO there's really only 1 driver that would get the utmost out of the Ferrari and would be a great long term prospect and that's Verstappen. Ferrari need every bit of speed out of the car and IMO Verstappen has the most in him, even than Ricciardo.

That said if Ferrari where actually able to produce a car that would be legitimately as quick as Mercedes (like we had before the FIA ruined it with tightening of the rules, thanks to James Alison who knew how the engine worked ), Ricciardo would be enough and would also be able to win the title.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:31 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Ferrari need 2 new drivers. Vettel will not stand for anyone who will put him under pressure....no way . AND, without a good number 2 driver, Ferrari will only go backwards. They don't need a number 1 and a number 2.....just 2 damn good drivers.
Max and Hulkenberg would do nicely.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:20 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Kimi had a decent race ,qualified and ran in front of Vettel who was unable to pass Max on track despite having the superior car.So a well deserved podium for him.

The Merc looked really planted to the track,looks like they have regained the advantage for now.

Bottas is well capable of taking on Lewis for the WDC,next few races will be interesting.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-17-2017, 06:25 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: William Denoyelles
Quote:
Originally Posted by furoni View Post
You can't be serious ...
Old 07-17-2017, 06:32 AM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Andreas
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
You can't be serious ...
Furoni also thinks Alonso useless and Alesi the best
Old 07-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Joe R Gonzales
- Kyvat penalty...idiot ( I knew he took out Sainz)

- Current component allocation allotment ( as of 07-17-17)

- Okay we know the left front tyre blew on Vettels car but look at that right front...looks like

it wont last another lap. Ferrari got the set-up wrong on both cars for this track. Pirelli

still investigating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121.jpg (54.6 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 125.jpg (98.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (42.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 07-17-2017, 07:56 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
- Kyvat penalty...idiot ( I knew he took out Sainz)

- Current component allocation allotment ( as of 07-17-17)

- Okay we know the left front tyre blew on Vettels car but look at that right front...looks like

it wont last another lap. Ferrari got the set-up wrong on both cars for this track. Pirelli

still investigating.
Not setup.

They won't run a crazy toe angle and are limited on camber.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

He had a big lock up on that front left,i guess that didn't help.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzobandini View Post
To each his own. I'm patriotic, but not foolishly, or, easily, misled. I weigh the facts first then decide.
Again, a sub-Ferrari team Haas (engine and chassis bits) out-pointing a ('first time in 50 years of existence) down-and-out McLaren (in stature, maybe only second to Ferrari), is not impressive.
You miss the point entirely (as usual)

Instead of NBC constantly remarking how great McLaren is doing when in fact they suck, they should be saying how great this new team is doing compared to others who have been around a lot longer.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:40 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas Jaski View Post
As a massive Kimi fan I fully endorse Ricciardo taking Kimi's seat when he leaves, whenever that may be. In fact Ricciardo is my favourite driver to take THAT seat in particular. When Vettel leaves (whenever THAT is) Verstappen must take his.

That said, I think Verstappen should stay with Red Bull as I believe they'll be in a stronger position than Ferrari next year.
I'm seriously planning on putting money on Max for 2018 WDC - I think Renault have got their nose into working hard on developing
the 2018 engine that's why you don't see much progress this year.Simily no use competing against Merc this season might as well ramp up for next season
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi12 View Post
Furoni also thinks Alonso useless and Alesi the best
Wow
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: DGS
Ferrari has never been particularly successful at Silverstone.

Given that they're one of the few teams that isn't based just down the road from there, that's not too surprising.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro View Post
I don't think most F1 fans care nearly as much about team nationality as driver. If Lewis drove for Ferrari one day Silverstone would be a sea of red. Would be great to have a wdc level American driver in F1 again.
Would love a US wdc but there is no place for kids to learn the craft here
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
Overall as just a fan... I'm really tired of Pole to Checkered Flag races in general. I don't care who it is. But it is especially tiring to see Merc just cruise to wins with such total domination. I'm not taking anything away from them. They do everything pretty much right and make very few mistakes. They have one of the best drivers driving the best car and they back that up with solid strategy and reliability. It's hard to watch everyone else muddle through the weekend.

We're at the mid-point of the season now and my fear is that this is where Merc seem to turn the screws on everyone else. Ferrari hasn't been much of a late season "improver" if you will. Merc just keeps getting stronger and rings out these 100'ths here while other teams just stay somewhat stagnate. I'm not a doomsayer, nor do I think "oh my God it's all over" but the ball always seems to bounce the right way and I'm a believer that you make your own luck. Even when Merc do have issues, Ferrari can't seem to fully capitalize. Whether it was Seb bumping Lewis to cost him a probably win, or now this issue with the tires, it just seems that you get on a path where bad things just keep happening. Merc seem largely immune to that for the most part and I don't think it's a random accident.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschris View Post
Overall as just a fan... I'm really tired of Pole to Checkered Flag races in general. I don't care who it is. But it is especially tiring to see Merc just cruise to wins with such total domination. I'm not taking anything away from them. They do everything pretty much right and make very few mistakes. They have one of the best drivers driving the best car and they back that up with solid strategy and reliability. It's hard to watch everyone else muddle through the weekend.

We're at the mid-point of the season now and my fear is that this is where Merc seem to turn the screws on everyone else. Ferrari hasn't been much of a late season "improver" if you will. Merc just keeps getting stronger and rings out these 100'ths here while other teams just stay somewhat stagnate. I'm not a doomsayer, nor do I think "oh my God it's all over" but the ball always seems to bounce the right way and I'm a believer that you make your own luck. Even when Merc do have issues, Ferrari can't seem to fully capitalize. Whether it was Seb bumping Lewis to cost him a probably win, or now this issue with the tires, it just seems that you get on a path where bad things just keep happening. Merc seem largely immune to that for the most part and I don't think it's a random accident.
This

Seb's anger issues are already having an impact: he could be much more in the lead than a single point