Most curious how anyone can watch today's MotoGP and still watch F1? | FerrariChat

Most curious how anyone can watch today's MotoGP and still watch F1?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Serie1926, Aug 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    #1 Serie1926, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've MotoGP and I wish I could have seen this race. I don't get BeIN sports. :(

3. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I used to watch MotoGp, Moto2 and Moto3, but I will not pay to subscribe to Bein.m therefore I do not watch any motorcycle racing anymore. It is good and exciting racing. Too bad they make it too expensive here in the US.

4. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    You can watch it on the MotoGP app, it does require a subscription but definitely worth it!!

5. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    At the risk of being branded a heretic, did you watch today's NASCAR race? Brilliant!

6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    MotoGP in Austria was epic.
    MotoGP makes F1 look retarded!

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My internet isn't fast enough to watch motogp on their app. Can't be bothered doing the whole BT box in addition to my Sky just for motogp.

If I had quick internet I'd definitely have the motoGP app.

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The MotoGP at Red Bull Ring was amazing and close throughout, riveting stuff.

But, last week at Brno, Marques won by (like what?), over a minute because he was
    "genus" enough to change bikes for dry tires on lap two whereas everyone else stayed
    out on rain tires (for some unknown reason) and the race was effectively over on
    lap two.

So, to say that every MotoGP race is like what we saw in Austria yesterday is a misconception.

Comparing to F-1? Sort of apples and oranges really. Why do we have to favor one over
    the other and not appreciate them both for what they are?

My beef, once again, is with the level of the MotoGP announcing. Not sure who these guys are
    that do the commentating, if they're British or Australian. I used to get kind of a kick out of
    them with their over pronunciations of driver's names but now these guys have become
    completely annoying.

It seems as though they're in some sort of contest to see who can repeat the most cliches
    during each race. Even the pit reporters get in on this action. Then, they'll make some sort
    of flat statement such as, "Rossi is really backing off now to keep his tires fresh" and in the
    very next breath say, "Rossi is really pouring it on now, HERE COMES VALENTINO ROSSI!"
    completely contradicting their previous statement. And, they do this over and over again.

What is needed is a bit less verbal B.S. and a little more sitting back and watching and let
    things play out.

BHW

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't care about bike racing. Simple as that

10. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Same here. No interest.

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I do realize that it takes one heck of an amazing skill set to complete at that level, but I'm with your guys otherwise. It doesn't make for compelling TV.

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If F1 cars were as narrow as the MotoGP bikes and had the aerodynamics of MotoGP bikes, then there would be as much passing in F1 as in MotoGP.

13. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    MotoGo has been great this year. What's the deal with Ducati suddenly being good? Did they get a special rule treatment or what?

14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Moto Gp does nothing for me

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Whoa that thread has changed momentum. Or fell off its bike

16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I prefer motorcycle racing than car racing.
    The rider can make the difference, unlike motor racing where the car is the most important.
    Motorcycling is a different world .
    The public is also different: far less snobbism among bike fans !!!

17. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Not liking bike but cars on the same tracks simply does not compute for me. So you don't like racing you just like cars? I don't understand.

Pinnacle Circuit motor racing is what we have. You like that or don't lol.

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree.

19. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
  20. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    I watch both . Moto GP can be very exciting & have not so great races just like F1 .
    I watch it through my Android TV box live, download it a couple of hours later in HD or else there is a facebook page that posts very good quality a couple of hours later for the race, qualy, practice & press conference etc.

21. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Because I have the basic ability to appreciate two completely different motor racing series - It's hardly rocket science!

Your statement is like saying: "How can anyone watch American Football once they've seen a rugby match?"

Or: "How can anyone watch snooker once they've seen a game of pool?"

In all of those examples, one sport is a very tactical sport, and the other is more a non-stop action sport.

Both types of sport have their merits, and both can be enjoyed without having to choose one or the other.

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Ah, the Will Buxton school of reporting.

I look forward to every race how he excitedly tells us some guy running 6th or 7th has a shot at winning

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Lol, so true

24. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes, I love NASCAR and that is the true racing crowd of non snobby folks. Great race for sure. I enjoyed the Xfinity race as well on Saturday.

25. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    Apologies if I offended anyone. I should have included a smiley face. My subject line question was just trying to be funny, while watching the balls on race last night.

I enjoy F1, but long for the days when it used to be more exciting.