Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Sponsor Forums > FastCars Ltd / Tillack Inc.

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

that pricing prob makes sense because if i put a series 1 covered lite hood on it would have cost probably 5 grand ...i could have then sold it for low 40's.... i would never have done that as it would have been screwing with the cars authenticity. The buyer got a good deal and i had fun with it...time to move on...good luck!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-21-2012, 04:20 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: RSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by calder1 View Post
If your car is a stunner with trophies it's worth more than $60-$65 , I've been involved in a few sales now not as clean as mine for more than the number above
First, please allow me to apologize for helping derail this thread. The home for price debates is probably the British section. Good luck on the sale...for those of us who adore the iconic XKE, there will always be buyers at various price points!

Here's a couple of exterior photos of my FHC. The car was a factory delivery to a Phoenix, AZ buyer and has UK registration 1369WK. It was restored here in Phoenix and we believe it has always been an Arizona car. It has often won in the D02 driven class here in the Southwest, but I've stopped showing it after rounds of judges haggling over slotted versus phillips screws in the headlight surrounds and the contrasting piping on the seats. I just want to drive! Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side view small.jpg (110.2 KB, 634 views)
File Type: jpg LR Corner small.jpg (97.4 KB, 634 views)
Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

Full Name: Craig
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
First, please allow me to apologize for helping derail this thread. The home for price debates is probably the British section. Good luck on the sale...for those of us who adore the iconic XKE, there will always be buyers at various price points!

Here's a couple of exterior photos of my FHC. The car was a factory delivery to a Phoenix, AZ buyer and has UK registration 1369WK. It was restored here in Phoenix and we believe it has always been an Arizona car. It has often won in the D02 driven class here in the Southwest, but I've stopped showing it after rounds of judges haggling over slotted versus phillips screws in the headlight surrounds and the contrasting piping on the seats. I just want to drive! Cheers!
Nice car. I don't actually need to sell . Ive always wanted one of these, I am English so it makes sense , So if i still have the car a year from now and continue to drive it that will be ok with me.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NA View Post
The number of buyers at that price point is somewhere between zero and one. The early 3.8 cars are the most desirable but the "market" has everything to do with price. In the area where I'm located it would be difficult to get half that price. Fantasy Junction has "fantasy" in the name for a reason.
Check out what they ask in England at Eagle. You will be staggered.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Onno
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
Check out what they ask in England at Eagle. You will be staggered.
http://www.eaglegb.com/

Considering what they build and how they build it, I think their prices are understandable. Labour is expensive, and that is where the cost goes. I have also seen restoration up close in the Ferrari world, and what some describe as a "perfect car" would be considered "poor workmanship" in my book. So I understand why you have to pay more to get the ultimate quality. Also, you have to understand that a lot of these cars are not standard E-types, they have been substantially upgraded. See for instance this one: http://www.eaglegb.com/cars/1964-e-t...agle-29-64d840

I would love to own an Eagle 3.8 roadster next to my 330GTC, I think they'd make a fine pair, especially considering the quality of my GTC which after its restoration is now a very fine classic motor vehicle indeed. But I do feel that the E-type is rather expensive considering how many were made. It makes the very good, very good looking, and very sexy Eagle E-types feel too expensive when there are so many out there which cost less than half.

It's a bit like driving a 911 - it might be a 300k 2.7RS but seeing all the other near-identical ones makes you enjoy your own less.... Like driving an original AC Cobra when all these replicas are on the road.

Still, one look at the Eagle website and I go all shaky in the knees again....

Onno

Last edited by JazzyO; 01-02-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Vasco
Man, coupes have gone up alot since I last looked. good to see, best of luck on the sale! She looks beautiful!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Erik Johnson
That is a fantastic looking car and I love the color. Don't cheap sell it, there will be someone who will find that car to be exactly what they want and will be willing to pay what you want to have it.

Good luck and I hope that you are able to find your buyer quickly.

Erik
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Johnson View Post
That is a fantastic looking car and I love the color. Don't cheap sell it, there will be someone who will find that car to be exactly what they want and will be willing to pay what you want to have it.

Good luck and I hope that you are able to find your buyer quickly.

Erik
Thank you, it is a great color combo and other than a freshening of the paint 20 years ago its all original. I am enjoying the car so if it takes me 2 years to sell i'm ok with that.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: peter brinzey
Quote:
Originally Posted by calder1 View Post
Thank you, it is a great color combo and other than a freshening of the paint 20 years ago its all original. I am enjoying the car so if it takes me 2 years to sell i'm ok with that.
a covered headlight FHC in good dondition is NOT a $45k car as some have suggested. that horse has long left the barn. a great restored car is only slightly less valuable than the roadster. i have had these discussions with my friend hector castro. hector has some experience w/ jag and has received awards at pebble w/ his 37 jag.

good luck w/ your sale and sorry there are so many on this site trying to dumb down your car's value.

pcb
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Several exceptionally restored fhc and roadsters went to scottsdale auctions. Post the results to see the relative price difference. There is a HUGE price difference between a nicely kept car and a fresh nut and bolt restoration.
Ed
Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward 96GTS View Post
Several exceptionally restored fhc and roadsters went to scottsdale auctions. Post the results to see the relative price difference. There is a HUGE price difference between a nicely kept car and a fresh nut and bolt restoration.
Ed
I was there and watched them. Like i said i have a price i want and feel the car is worth and i don't really care how long it takes to get as i really don't need to sell the car i will continue to enjoy until that day comes.