Go Back   FerrariChat.com > General Forums > Ferrari Discussion (not model specific) - Sponsored by Algar Ferrari

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Basman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3604u View Post
So, I assume the rest are with the Royal family.
Hmm.. Guess, it would be a matter of time before they sell another

Nice site by the way
I hope so

Thanks
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 09-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Cool

- Ferrari Venice & TR Spider update -

Ferrari 456 Venice Spider - 9 pictures of the green car

Ferrari 456 Venice Estate - 5 pictures of the silver car, 7 pictures of the green car

Ferrari 456 Venice Sedan - 1 picture of the yellow car

Ferrari Testarossa Spider - 4 pictures

Ferrari 512 TR Spider - 5 pictures of the blue car, 2 pictures of the black car

http://www.**************/gallery/129612/976/6.html

This is the information I've got on the 11 Brunei TR Spiders:

FER TR SPYDER BP8899 EFF109
FER TR SPYDER BP8890 EFF110 - Red/Black
FER TR SPYDER BP8998 EFF111 - Anthracite/Black
FER TR SPYDER BK75 EFF112 - White/Black
FER TR SPYDER DPD EFF113 - Light Green/Light Green

FER TR SPYDER BP8988 EFG086 - Anthracite/Black
FER TR SPYDER DPD EFG087 - Silver/Red
FER TR SPYDER BP8778 EFG088 - Purple/Black
FER TR SPYDER BP8898 EFG089
FER TR SPYDER BN6326 EFG090 - Silver/Black
FER TR SPYDER BN1779 EFG091 - Blue-Green/Black

The first five start with EFF, while the other six start with EFG. FER TR SPYDER BP8890 EFF110 is the only one of those that I think is red + I've got pictures of a red Testarossa Spider. So maybe EFF stands for Testarossa Spider and EFG for 512TR Spider. If this assumption is true, then I can fill in the only blank spot with the blue 512TR that got pictured in Rome during Ferrari's 50th anniversary and in Singapore during Ferrari's 60th Anniversary:

FER TR SPYDER BP8898 EFG089 - Blue/Black - When in Rome, it was wearing the 'DPD' plates) - s/n #97310

There are three TR Spiders pictured in the gallery:

FER TR SPYDER BP8988 EFG086 - Anthracite/Black
512 TR Spider, spotted in Hong Kong

FER TR SPYDER BP8890 EFF110 - Red/Black
Testarossa Spider, spotted in Singapore during the festivities for the Ferrari 60th Relay. It was wearing Hong Seh stickers, so I think it is owned by Hong Seh (Singapore's Ferrari Dealer).

FER TR SPYDER BP8898 EFG089 - Blue/Black
512TR Spider, spotted in Singapore during the festivities for the Ferrari 60th Relay. It was wearing Hong Seh stickers, so I think it is owned by Hong Seh (Singapore's Ferrari Dealer). It was also photographed in Rome during Ferrari's 50th Anniversary. At that time it was wearing the 'DPD' plates. Serialnumber of this car is #97310.

http://www.**************/PitLane?vie...om=360#post371
Old 09-28-2007, 12:47 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Phil
Thank god for camera phones. It seems a lot easier to get pics of the Sultans collection.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Cool

And the rest of the Ferrari update.
http://www.**************/gallery/129612/976/6.html

+ Ferrari 550 Spider - 2 pictures
It would be nice if someone else could confirm this, but according to a source Pininfarina presented, in 1997, at the same time the Ferrari F50 Bolide was presented to the Brunei Royals, their plans for a Ferrari 550 Maranello Spider, Sedan and Estate version, just like the Venice project.
At the time it was unknown wether this new project was given the go-ahead, but now we know that at least a start was made at the 550 Maranello Spider project, because a black Spider has been seen driving around Monaco.

+ Ferrari 288 GTO - 2 pictures
The GTO photographed from above is #55671. It was first delivered to Ron Stratton in England who drove it back there from Maranello with a journalist riding shotgun to document what they were like to live with.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE ARTICLE?

After a conversion by Pininfarina it appeared in Brunei as:
FER F288 GTO BM9988 ZFFPA16B000055671
Dark Slate with Red Stripe (instead of the standard black stripe). It has a black interior with red piping on the seats.
It's hard to tell wether this is the same car that I've got allready a picture of in the gallery (the one next to the yellow Venice Estate).

The red one in the glass house must be: FER F288 GTO BN1212 ZFFPA16B000056641:
http://www.**************/Pics?viewPi...124&first=true

+ Ferrari F40 - 3 pictures
Two new pictures of the F40 that was for sale @ Talacrest. That is seriously a killer colour

Is this an F40? Could it be the prototype that chilidog said was in the glass house?
http://www.**************/Pics?viewPi...158&first=true
(save it and zoom in )(or am I starting to get cross eyed from looking at tiny pics ?)

Also, check out the picture of the four F40's in Brunei -> you can clearly see prince Hakim's batlogo embroired in the seats of the black F40
http://www.**************/Pics?viewPi...966&first=true

+ Ferrari F50 - 15 pictures
Seen at the Coys auction, wearing British registration 'N637 HTE'.
Spotted on the streets of Dublin, Ireland (now owned by Alan Hanly). With plates '206-PN-07'
The story goes that there are 2 red ex-Brunei RHD F50's in the UK now, but I can't confirm this (yet).

The drawing of the green Ferrari F50 on top of Pininfarina's roof was done by Pininfarina Senior Designer Maurizio Corbi, the same that did the drawing of the McLaren F1 LM. I believe this is one of the Pininfarina Brunei F50's, but don't have solid confirmation. Can someone confirm or deny this?

Also, I added 4 pictures of the 2 Marconi F50's, that were stuck at Pininfarina for RHD conversion which was never performed, because of the Brunei crisis.

Does anyone know if there are LHD F50's in the Brunei garages?

+ Ferrari 512TR - 11 pictures
Sn/ #95660, now in British hands.

+ Ferrari 456GT Speciale - 1 picture
This was one of Prince Jefri's Beverly Hills cars. This Ferrari 456 has a Mercedes-Benz gated 5-speed automatic transmission, and looks somewhat different than a regular Ferrari 456GT.

+ Ferrari F40 LM - 1 picture
Ferrari F40 LM #88523 was sold new to the Brunei Royal Family in december 1990. It appears on the big list as follows:
FER F40 LM KF7899 ZFFGX34X0L0088523
I think this is the black F40 photographed in the glass house:
http://www.**************/Pics?viewPi...153&first=true

Another F40 LM that has a link to Brunei is #92237:
1991 - James McLean, Newport Beach, CA, USA
1992/apr/14 - Talacrest Ltd., Egham, UK
1992 - Hong Seh Motors ptl., Singapore for Sultan of Brunei
1993/may/10 - Vintage Motorcar Co., USA via Talacrest
1993/jun - $895k - EAS
1993/sep - Art Sports, J
1996/apr - $850k - Shin Takei, J
I wonder if this car spent any time with members of the Royal Family, it could very wel be...

http://www.**************/PitLane?vie...om=360#post373
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

hmmm....so the f50 in singapore is no longer there.....singapore may be a small and sunny island but it sure has many of the ex brunei cars.....there are clk gtrs......merc 300sl amg gullwing.......merc landaulet.....and there is a rumoured that a czieta is at hong seh's second floor ?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by afiqmeister View Post
hmmm....so the f50 in singapore is no longer there.....singapore may be a small and sunny island but it sure has many of the ex brunei cars.....there are clk gtrs......merc 300sl amg gullwing.......merc landaulet.....and there is a rumoured that a czieta is at hong seh's second floor ?
Wich Singapore F50 are you talking about?

The Cizeta is still @ Hongh Seh if nothing has changed lately...
btw their site is offline? or do they have a new url?
http://www.hongseh.com.sg/main.html
Old 10-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Question

I was still wondering about this picture btw. Can anyone help me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture089cq0.jpg (58.6 KB, 1018 views)
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
Wich Singapore F50 are you talking about?

The Cizeta is still @ Hongh Seh if nothing has changed lately...
btw their site is offline? or do they have a new url?
http://www.hongseh.com.sg/main.html
well.....let me tell you a story......hong seh dealership is situated at jurong......a western part of singapore......i went there before for the ferrari 612 launch a few years back......there was a door which says " no entry for personel only"......then suddenly one of the ferrari mechanics open and enter the door......and he left it ajar.....what i saw was unbeleivable......a ferrari enzo......a couple of maseratis and some mystery cars......all of them were covered with silver coloured cloths......i was so shocked when suddenly the mechanics asked me to go away......maybe those secret cars were brunei cars......i don't know.....only the mechanics and god knows....haha.....from what i heard.....the brunei cars are at level 2......what i saw is at level 1....btw....what do you think did they do to the czieta ?.......those special cars were for sale....a couple of years back.....the ferrari f50.....ferrari berlenitta 550.....nazca c2...and the jaguar xj220.....i am not so sure about the colours though....i think the sultan send it here after his economy went down because of jefri.....

......oh btw.....hong seh's website is down i think....
Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
well.....let me tell you a story......hong seh dealership is situated at jurong......a western part of singapore......i went there before for the ferrari 612 launch a few years back......there was a door which says " no entry for personel only"......then suddenly one of the ferrari mechanics open and enter the door......and he left it ajar.....what i saw was unbeleivable......a ferrari enzo......a couple of maseratis and some mystery cars......all of them were covered with silver coloured cloths......i was so shocked when suddenly the mechanics asked me to go away......maybe those secret cars were brunei cars......i don't know.....only the mechanics and god knows....haha.....from what i heard.....the brunei cars are at level 2......what i saw is at level 1....btw....what do you think did they do to the czieta ?.......those special cars were for sale....a couple of years back.....the ferrari f50.....ferrari berlenitta 550.....nazca c2...and the jaguar xj220.....i am not so sure about the colours though....i think the sultan send it here after his economy went down because of jefri.....

......oh btw.....hong seh's website is down i think....
We really need some insiders @ Hong Seh and Auto Manufactur I am not certain what is at Hong Seh's 2nd floor. The ones that I am pretty certain about are the blue Cizeta, red TR Spider and blue 512TR Spider. The Nazca is said to be there and was still on their site 6 months ago (when I last checked), I also seem to recall an XJ220, but I don't know if this car had something to do with Brunei. I've talked to someone that saw the blue Cizeta (not in Singapore btw) and when he saw it it was still standard.

It could be possible that those cars went to Hong Seh after or during the Brunei crisis, but it could also be possible that some cars were sent to Hongh Seh in the first place for some reason. I got this idea from the F40 LM that was bought by Hong Seh for Brunei. But really, we need insiders/spies to find this out
Old 10-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
We really need some insiders @ Hong Seh and Auto Manufactur I am not certain what is at Hong Seh's 2nd floor. The ones that I am pretty certain about are the blue Cizeta, red TR Spider and blue 512TR Spider. The Nazca is said to be there and was still on their site 6 months ago (when I last checked), I also seem to recall an XJ220, but I don't know if this car had something to do with Brunei. I've talked to someone that saw the blue Cizeta (not in Singapore btw) and when he saw it it was still standard.

It could be possible that those cars went to Hong Seh after or during the Brunei crisis, but it could also be possible that some cars were sent to Hongh Seh in the first place for some reason. I got this idea from the F40 LM that was bought by Hong Seh for Brunei. But really, we need insiders/spies to find this out
what about the cars that i saw.....what do you think ?.......i think we should send james bond there to spy....take some pics....specs and info about the cars....haha
Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
what about the cars that i saw.....what do you think ?.......i think we should send james bond there to spy....take some pics....specs and info about the cars....haha
I can't tell you anything about those mystery cars, since they were covered As for the Enzo, isn't there one gentleman in Singapore who owns an Enzo, maybe it was his car?

Can't you go to Hong Seh? To check out the cars there and take some pics of the showroom, maybe get a conversation going and find out some info, ask if you could maybe check out the Nazca, XJ220, TR Spiders, etc. because you're such a big fan?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
I can't tell you anything about those mystery cars, since they were covered As for the Enzo, isn't there one gentleman in Singapore who owns an Enzo, maybe it was his car?

Can't you go to Hong Seh? To check out the cars there and take some pics of the showroom, maybe get a conversation going and find out some info, ask if you could maybe check out the Nazca, XJ220, TR Spiders, etc. because you're such a big fan?
i don't know about taking pics cos i think it is restricted over there......btw i am just 15 years old and curious about the brunei collection......maybe one day i would ask them......and yes the enzo is being own by a rich guy in singapore....
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Smile

I've found some better versions of photo's that were allready known. Some are higher res., better quality colours, original version of the picture, etc.

Check them out here: http://www.**************/PitLane?vie...om=360#post384
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
I've found some better versions of photo's that were allready known. Some are higher res., better quality colours, original version of the picture, etc.

Check them out here: http://www.**************/PitLane?vie...om=360#post384
thanks.....those pictures are wonderful......btw i am now tracking down an ex hong seh mechanic.....he used to work there.....but i do not know where is he.....maybe my dad can help me.....he used to work there in the late 1990's i think....the time when the sultan gave his cars to hong seh.....maybe he can give us some info....or even better....PICTURES !
Old 10-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Cool

Here is yet another stunner from Aston's Special Projects Group:

- Aston Martin Vantage Special Type I -

The Aston Martin Vantage Special Type I was the first Special Series model. It fullfilled the request of Prince Jefri for a four door, 200 mph supercar.
The Type I was based on the Vantage chassis. From the front and the back this car is unmistakebly a Vantage, but when you see it from the side you'll notice the extra two doors and the longer wheelbase.
Like the other Special Series models the Type I was powered by the 600 BHP engine.

Three Vantage Special Type I's were made by Aston's Special Projects Group in 1996:

#70051 - Cannock Black/Black with reflective glass
AST VANTAGE BP6633 SCFDAM2S0RBR70051

#70053 - Titanium Silver/Grey with reflective glass
AST VANTAGE BQ8118 SCFDAM254RBR70053

#70088 - Special Red/Red+Black
AST VANTAGE BP6699 SCFDAM2S4SBR70088

Direct link to the 15 new images:
http://www.**************/PitLane?vie...om=390#post393

Link to the entire Aston Martin page:
http://www.**************/gallery/129612/976/1.html

Last edited by basman007; 10-05-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Smile

I've uploaded some new pictures of the following cars:

McLaren F1 #008 (4 pictures)
McLaren F1 LM #LM4 (1 picture)
http://www.**************/gallery/129612/976/9.html

Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR SS (17 pictures)
Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Roadster (1 picture)
http://www.**************/gallery/129612/976/10.html

Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Quote:

Love that yellow mclaren, you picture's ?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 PM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Jorge
Quote:

Nice Pics...

Very Nice Gallery of Pics...
Old 10-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Thanks

No, I didn't shoot that F1. They were taken by quite alot of different people (that are probably on Fchat also).
Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Question

Quote:
I was still wondering about this picture btw. Can anyone help me?
No-one knows anything about this F40?
Non-Sponsor Ads