LV Eric? Any update? | FerrariChat

LV Eric? Any update?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Wolfgang5150, Mar 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    LV Eric - I know he hasn't posted in a long time - anybody still talk to him? Just curious how his back, business are etc.
    He had some great posts....
    Kevin S.

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    He sold the Enzo and I'm pretty sure he sold the other cars as well. I heard through the grapevine that his business isn't doing so great. Don't know about his health.

3. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    For those of who don't know him, what kind of business is he in?

I do recall a thread where ERIC complained of severe "back pain" issues.

I feel for him, I have major back issues also. And the pain is sometimes too much to deal with.

Thanks,
    UZY

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #4 No Doubt, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
    Subprime mortgages and mortgage servicing is a tough place to make money now that the housing boom has gone bust. Didn't Eric go into hock to buy that massive royal house near Vegas, too?

Here's his thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136463

5. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No..Eric was not in the subprime mortage business, and he has not gone "bust"...No he did not go into hock on the house either....To some of the other comments here, no he has not sold all of his cars either!

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Good to hear.

7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    replace subprime mortgage with subprime credit; I think that is a more accurate

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Glad to hear that it wasn't true.

9. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I remember reading the entire thread about his amazing collection of cars that he had chosen to share with fchat, it was simply amazing, and I too remember him complaining about his back issues. I hope he's gotten better. I'm only 22 and I've been suffering from back pain as well, sometimes it's so bad, I can't sleep or do anything at all.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    What do you do to alleviate pain...? I, too, experience chronic lower back pain. I'd be interested in learning what Eric did to overcome this onus. I'm currently saving up for an MRI; until then, Ibuprofen is my best friend.

11. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Not to go too off topic here but..

Stretching and strengthening your core muscles will go a long way to helping with lower back pain. Ibuprofen helps as well. I herniated a disc in my back at the end of the summer. I have changed my routine to include stretching and core exercising every morning and night. It really helps.

12. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I had some pretty severe back pain for about a year and I went to see a family friend back home that is basically a physcial therapist with a medical degree....not a chiropractor. I saw her twice, and she gave me exercises to do and it was GONE in 6 months. No recurrences, going on 3 years now. After 20 minutes just poking around my back and analyzing my bones/muscles she figured out what I was doing that caused the back pain.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Backside pain is a bummer. I hope he is doing better. I remember he said he was laid up for months in the hospital facing multiple surgeries.

14. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    i have herniated disc as well....agonizing pain!! had an epideral injection and im 90% better!! highly recomend it!! going for 2nd injection in couple weeks.

15. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I have lower lumbar scoliosis, so there isn't much I can do aside from swimming and doing all the other back strengthening exercises that the doctors recommend. I don't think they really help though. Has anyone here undergone surgery to alleviate the pain and fix the problem? Does it really help? I think dealing with the pain of surgery once and living the rest of my life free of pain in my back is an excellent trade.

16. D Whiteley

D Whiteley Rookie

Sep 12, 2008
    i used to suffer from agonising sciatica after a prolapsed disc in my back and no word of a lie after getting a good gym routine and working on core and muscle strength it has gone, Unfortunately now i have a prolapsed disc at the base of my skull which has caused another load of problems

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I do the same. Back problems run in my family and I'd rather work on keeping my back (lower back especially) strong so I can reduce the possibility I'll deal with the same issues my dad has had.

Hope Eric is doing well. Bests.

18. huze1

huze1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Samuel Hughes
    I hear and see people everyday with disabling back pain and in the right circumstances surgery is remarkably successful. There are many things to beware of however in the professions that treat this common scourge of humanity.......

19. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    But, does anyone know anything about what Eric is actually up to theses days?

20. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I won't rest till I see a post from him :(

21. SharperFocus

SharperFocus Karting

Mar 25, 2007
    Saw him a few weeks back. He's doing good and looked great. Back is still an issue, but at least he's able to walk. It was great to see and talk to him as I hadn't done so in a long time.

-Mark

22. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Age 65 and have had back pain shooting down my leg for years. I Have a new age younger wife into alternative forms of healing. She took me by the and and forced me to see an accredited acupuncturist. A guy with formal training and lots of expierence. Its been called voodoo, paranormal, off the wall nonsense. All that said he has made incredible improvement on my chronic back pain. However it did not happen overnight, it was several weeks before I noticed marked improvemnt. He also told me I needed massage therapy by a licensed massasge therapist. Believe me I thought it was all rubbish.

So I started a weekly visits with both. My massage therapist had me purchase a book for back exercises, "Treat Your Own Back" written by Robin Mckenzie. Between these three things I have been pain free for many months now. That said yes I do have flare ups from time to time. My accupuncturist always asks where does it hurt today and then he treats that area, sometimes with topical heat and sometimes with a modest amount of electrial current sort of like bio rhythms. I still go to each every week besides its a quiet place to take a nap midday.

The book tells you how to do simple exercises that actual help the discs and vertibrae. I would not have believed the improvement, had I not seen it for myself. The siatic leg pain is gone after many many years. The best part is I can now get in and out of Candy's Ferrari and Maserati Spyder vertualy pain free. I only offer this treatment as an alternative to accepted medical practices as this has really worked for me. I believe the best part is that I do not have to take any prescribed drugs to mask the pain.

Howard and Candy
    tr0768

23. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Same - broke my back in an bicycle accident and after several years of professional opinion that it was "as good as its going to get" started acupuncture - took six weeks or so before it really started to work and now I keep the pain at bay with visits every month or so. It is truly remarkable :)

24. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Thats nice to hear. :):)

25. flyboynm

flyboynm Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Full Name:
    Not telling
    Thanks for the updates! If he ever comes back and posts on here, I would love it!