Go Back   FerrariChat.com > General Forums > Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Splitting Atoms's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Full Name: Eric
Posts: 1,085
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
CONGRATS
How do you buy the car and only drive it 900 miles? The wrong person owned the car. I am glad the right person does now.
The previous owner saved his girlfriend for her next boyfriend.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #82  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Full Name: Eric
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTNNYC View Post
Thanks Andrew! How are you these days? I got a silver with black interior. Just the combination I was looking for.
Beautiful! I'm slightly bias

If you haven't already done so, do yourself a big favor and replace the original tires.

Any thoughts of changing the exhaust?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:57 AM
ARTNNYC's Avatar
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC, LI, FL
Full Name: Jerome
Posts: 2,350
My Garage
Yes I think those original tires will certainly need replacing ASAP just due to their age. About the exhaust I will certainly look into something more sporting. Maybe even the straigh pipes from Fabspeed. Any thoughts on the exhaust?
__________________
Jerome V
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
ScuderiaWithStickPlease's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY Metro
Posts: 3,745
Congratulations! The Carrera GT is probably the most serious/focussed sports car on the road -- and that engine!

(Was this the GT on offer at Ferrari of Long Island a few months ago? The mileage is in the area.)

The stock exhaust system, BTW, is an engineering masterpiece, its noise reduction costing you exactly zero power!

FYI: Someone in the South Atlantic area sells quality mesh screens that fit perfectly behind the front wheels, protecting the side finish from road debris. I think the pattern on these screens matches the mesh pattern found over the engine, so on the off chance that anyone sees them they'll look OEM.

Again, congratulations!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
h2oskier's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: inside someone hot
Full Name: MJA
Posts: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaWithStickPlease View Post
Congratulations! The Carrera GT is probably the most serious/focussed sports car on the road -- and that engine!

(Was this the GT on offer at Ferrari of Long Island a few months ago? The mileage is in the area.)

The stock exhaust system, BTW, is an engineering masterpiece, its noise reduction costing you exactly zero power!

FYI: Someone in the South Atlantic area sells quality mesh screens that fit perfectly behind the front wheels, protecting the side finish from road debris. I think the pattern on these screens matches the mesh pattern found over the engine, so on the off chance that anyone sees them they'll look OEM.

Again, congratulations!
I am with you
I wouldn't change the sound of my CGT that Porsche designed with anything. It's amazing and complimented every time you blow by someone


Any more info on those screens you mention?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 AM
ScuderiaWithStickPlease's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY Metro
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
Any more info on those screens you mention?
They were mentioned in a dedicated short piece in an Excellence issue that came out shortly after Carrera GTs started landing in the US. From what they said, this was a perfectly neat installation that looked 101% stock -- and it worked!

I can't find the issue as it's hermetically sealed in a basement that's more books and magazines than ether, but I'm certain that if you contact Excellence - Bruce Anderson has always taken the time to answer my serious Porsche Qs via email - they'll give you the relevant info. If they can only give you the issue number I'll hunt down my copy and post the pertinent info.

I hope this helped.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
h2oskier's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: inside someone hot
Full Name: MJA
Posts: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaWithStickPlease View Post
They were mentioned in a dedicated short piece in an Excellence issue that came out shortly after Carrera GTs started landing in the US. From what they said, this was a perfectly neat installation that looked 101% stock -- and it worked!

I can't find the issue as it's hermetically sealed in a basement that's more books and magazines than ether, but I'm certain that if you contact Excellence - Bruce Anderson has always taken the time to answer my serious Porsche Qs via email - they'll give you the relevant info. If they can only give you the issue number I'll hunt down my copy and post the pertinent info.

I hope this helped.
I will look into it

Thanks a lot.

I hate cleaning my doors ....well when I actually wash it I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Man Card Status: Never Issued
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
I will look into it

Thanks a lot.

I hate cleaning my doors ....well when I actually wash it I mean.
I was just gonna say....


I thought you don't wash your cars....


Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #89  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
h2oskier's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: inside someone hot
Full Name: MJA
Posts: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAMPEE View Post
I was just gonna say....


I thought you don't wash your cars....


this one is black. I wash it 2 times a year whether it needs it or not
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
ARTNNYC's Avatar
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC, LI, FL
Full Name: Jerome
Posts: 2,350
My Garage
I will look into those screens as well and thanks!
__________________
Jerome V
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Man Card Status: Never Issued
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
this one is black. I wash it 2 times a year whether it needs it or not
Touché....


You're a funny man, Sir....


I am going to come out to your area this summer to hang with Jedi and his fam. Maybe you could give me a ride in this black-semi-annually-washed beauty of a car....
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Full Name: Eric
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTNNYC View Post
Yes I think those original tires will certainly need replacing ASAP just due to their age. About the exhaust I will certainly look into something more sporting. Maybe even the straigh pipes from Fabspeed. Any thoughts on the exhaust?
The stock exhaust is a mechanical symphony, sometimes I just wish it was a little more aggressive. I've experienced the AWE straight pipes and the sound is just amazing. I've never heard any car sound better. ideally I wish there was a capristo style switch where you could have the best of both worlds.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 PM
h2oskier's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: inside someone hot
Full Name: MJA
Posts: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Man View Post
The stock exhaust is a mechanical symphony, sometimes I just wish it was a little more aggressive. I've experienced the AWE straight pipes and the sound is just amazing. I've never heard any car sound better. ideally I wish there was a capristo style switch where you could have the best of both worlds.
When you going to be home enough to go for a drive with them?



Blampee. Sure you know where we are.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Man Card Status: Never Issued
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
When you going to be home enough to go for a drive with them?



Blampee. Sure you know where we are.
Not home...

I'm actually gonna just come to Seattle for a couple days to see my Seattle peeps--including you and C. Hell, maybe even your kids!

I'll pick a weekend that works for all y'all, though.

Probably in August....best chance for nice weather out there.

(Your less than an hour from Tacoma, right?)
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 PM
h2oskier's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: inside someone hot
Full Name: MJA
Posts: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAMPEE View Post
Not home...

I'm actually gonna just come to Seattle for a couple days to see my Seattle peeps--including you and C. Hell, maybe even your kids!

I'll pick a weekend that works for all y'all, though.

Probably in August....best chance for nice weather out there.

(Your less than an hour from Tacoma, right?)
I am 15 minutes from where we all had lunch that day.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Man Card Status: Never Issued
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
I am 15 minutes from where we all had lunch that day.
Excellent.

We'll figure it out soon!
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.