Seat question | FerrariChat

Seat question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mars478, Nov 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mars478

Mars478 Rookie

Nov 16, 2013
    Hello. Three weeks ago I purchased a Porsche 924 for 500 bucks as a project car. There isn't much about that which would pertain to ferrarichat.com, however, the seats in this car are not Porsche seats.

When I bought the car the PO told me that the seats in this porsche were out of a Testarossa. I don't know very much about Ferraris, nor did I believe this sellers claim so I disregarded it and forgot about it until a week ago when I took a closer look at the seats.

The seat belts are "Klippan" and the black part where the seat belt clips into (with the red eject button) has a Ferrari logo. The seats feel really nice quality wise, and definitely aren't from this car. I was curious if anyone could give me some guidance as to what kind of seats are in this car and if they are worth anything because I really do need some extra cash to put into this project car.
    Here's a picture of the seats, this is the only good picture I have of the seats right now. The passenger seat is in much better condition as you could suspect. I was not able to find anymore Ferrari logos on the seat. Thank you all very much for your time.
    [​IMG]
    Ferrari Seats? Porsche 924. by Mathias Rios, on Flickr

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Well the good news is they do look like Ferrari seats but whilst they could be worth more than the car (!) it may not be much more

3. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    #3 ///Mink, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Very interesting! Now I have an option for my 928

5. Mars478

Mars478 Rookie

Nov 16, 2013
    #5 Mars478, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
    Hit the nail on the head, those are definitely my seats.

6. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Are these 348 seats-anybody know for sure?

7. Mars478

Mars478 Rookie

Nov 16, 2013