FCA 2014 Annual Meet | FerrariChat

FCA 2014 Annual Meet

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BillP00, Feb 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillP00, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Mid-Atlantic Region invites you to the 2014 FCA International Meet in Leesburg, VA. This year we will be "Celebrating the Redheads". From the Testa Rossa's of the '50's and 60's to the more modern Testarossa's of the '80's and '90's we hope to see you June 11-15 right outside our Nation's Capital.

Registration is now open! Act now because rooms are going fast!! Check back here for regular updates and announcements. You can also Visit our event's website for more information (Ferrari Club of America 2014 Annual Meet).

Official Thread is located in FerrariChat's Mid-Atlantic Region section.

Bill P.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
  3. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
    bump again

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont know why but the FCA's annual events are never popular on Fchat.

I will try to go as i have never been to VA and i always have a great time during these events. Last year at RA was amazing.

6. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Resort Reservation made and Annual Meet Registration made.

Looking forward to it. Just need to do a full Spring cleaning of the car prior to going.

Deiger

7. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Guys,

We're looking forward to having you there! If you can look/ask for Bill Proctor. I would love to put a face to the screen name! :)

Bill P.

8. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #8 Bryanp, Mar 20, 2014
    My father has been an FCA member for 51 years now, and hasn't missed very many Nationals since he got his car running again. We won't be able to make this one, but the National Meets should not be missed if one is happeneing in your region; great cars, great people and generous amounts of track time. We'll be at Monterey/Laguna Seca 2015.

Some pretty good photographers also hang out there as well!

Y'all have a good meet!

9. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Ok, what is the minimum cost for show up and safe park and view the track time?

Ago

10. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Who is the contact for vendor info?

11. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    If things work out I would love to come up there and watch for a day or two.

PDG

Posted from Ferrarichat.com App for Android

12. wahoo5

wahoo5 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    Bryan, I was hoping your dad would be there with #8. I have not seen him since Williamsburg a couple of years ago. Please give him my best.

David Ogburn

13. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Just a heads up!
    The "early discount" prices for the 2014 Annual Meet tickets end on May 1st.

If you are thinking of going to the FCA 2014 Annual Meet this year, don't miss out on the price break on the tickets.
    The "early discount" prices are about 10% less on each type of ticket.
    Standard pricing goes into effect on May 1, 2014.

Ticket .. Price before .. Price After or On
    Type .... May 1st ....... May 1st
    --------- ------------- ----------------
    F1 ...... $895 ............. $995
    F2 ...... $450 ............. $495
    F3 ...... $250 ............. $275

To register, go to:
    Ferrari Club of America 2014 Annual Meet Registration

Thanks!

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    No ka ka, Sherlock.

The annual meets are beyond cool. Hell, even the regional meets are cool. Come on, Dudes, you never know what you are going to see. Me, sorry, I'm tied down. But next year is Monterey, right? You know, the gathering of the ponies, yes?

Dale

15. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    We are in..Please stop by our vendor presentation and say hello.

David

16. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Bump. Early discounts end on Thursday of this week!

17. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #17 BillP00, May 12, 2014
    Saturday June 14th Only at Summit Point Motorsports Park
    Escape & Evasion Training
    You Don’t Want to Miss This!

There’s still time to sign up for this extraordinary “fantasy camp” of counter-terrorist type escape and evasion techniques. Think about the most exciting car chase video game you’ve seen. Then imagine doing it for real – in a controlled environment, using specially equipped vehicles!

Everything is provided for a half day experience that combines great fun with learning potentially life-saving techniques.

This is a compact version of the same program taught to law enforcement, military, Special Forces, and civilians deployed to hot spots around the globe. You’ll learn how to recognize an attack and react to it. Find out how to use a vehicle as a means of escape or a weapon for survival by actually doing it! You’ll learn high speed emergency backing, “Y” and “J” turns, how to immobilize the attacker with Precision Intervention Technique (the PIT maneuver), how to breach a vehicular barricade (Ramming), and much, much more.
    Exclusive for 2014 Ferrari Club of America International Meet: Nowhere else will you have the chance to learn and practice these skills, so don’t miss this opportunity!

Here’s How to Sign Up for This Unique and Exciting Session:
    The Escape & Evasion Course is offered in two sessions on Saturday, June 14th. First session is from 8:00 am to 11:30 am, second session is from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm. If you haven’t registered yet for the 2014 Annual Meet, the E&E Course will be one of the options you can select on the registration screens. The cost is $350 and everything is provided. You will NOT be using your own car!

If you have already registered for the Annual Meet and you wish to add the E&E course, please pm me and I will let you know where to send in your payment.

Bill P.

18. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    And here are a couple of videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ4j0cKmwmY]Precision Immobilization Technique car roof view - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNoztnKVtM]Precision Immobilization Technique Top view - YouTube[/ame]

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Anyone has a list of the cars entered for the concours? I can not go for the whole event but am debating flying just for the concours day. Would love to know how many pre 70 Ferraris will be there.

20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I am cancelling a room at the Landsdown this am if anybody needs a room there

21. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    The 2014 Annual Meet is getting closer, June 11th will be here before you know it!

We've received a number of questions about the appropriate dress at the 2014 Ferrari Club of America International Meet.
    To assist in your planning for this event, here are recommendations for desired male attire for the four evening events at the Lansdowne Resort.

- Wednesday - Welcome Reception - Casual, including jeans.
    - Thursday - Light Reception - Casual, including jeans.
    - Friday - International Buffet - Business casual. No jeans.
    - Saturday - Major Awards Banquet - Prefer sport coats; tie not required. No jeans.

Thanks!

22. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The "Official" 2014 Annual Meet photos have finally been posted! WARNING...there are A LOT of photos!

Photos have been posted to: FCA-MAR Photo Library

These photos are from our Official Event Photographer Tim Kemmis. I will be uploading additional galleries from other photographers who have sent me their photos.

Enjoy!

Bill P.