Tips for Maranello tour | FerrariChat

Tips for Maranello tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by xku807, Mar 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xku807

xku807 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    John
    Will be visiting Italy as a tourist next month and would like to swing by Maranello to ogle supercars. Would appreciate tips for a first timer. For example, is the Ferrari Museum open during weekends? Do they test cars at Fiorano on Sundays and where is the best vantage point? Is Montana the best place to dine in? Thanks in advance.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Your best bet is to read last week's 'factory visit' thread and the links attached to it

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Lunch at Cavallino. Dinner at Montana. If you have the budget, eat at Osteria Francescana in Modena, one of the world's finest restaurants.

4. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Might want to check days and times for lunch at Cavallino. A friend tried to go to lunch there a couple of weeks ago mid week and they were closed.

5. jaticker

jaticker Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    tampa
    Full Name:
    John Annis
    I just returned. Send me a private message with a contact and I'll answer all your questions.

6. mspelt

mspelt Formula Junior

May 28, 2010
    Tallahassee
    Full Name:
    Mark Pelt
    I second the "Osteria Francescana in Modena" suggestion. you will need to make reservations and then be sure to verify before you go. No signage to speak of so finding it can be a challenge.

7. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    When I was in Maranello last fall, I believe the Cavollino opened at 19:30-7;30 PM. And at that time we were the 1st customers. Excellent experience. Italy is on a differant time culture than the US.

Ago

8. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    If you would like to testdrive the F12 Berlinetta, 458 Italia or a 430 GT3 on the track, please make sure to visit Pitlane Red Passion. Its located just beside the Ferrari museum. The F12 in the hills around Maranello is mindblowing:)

9. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Miami
    Look up my posts and read the one about my Ferrari factory tour in Maranello. I included lots of pictures and information. It was one of the most exciting days of my life!

10. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rent a Ferrari while you're there. Independent companies will approach you as to head toward the museum entrance. You can rent for as long or as little as you want. I think I did twenty minutes in an F12 tooling around Maranello.

11. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I believe the rental was 75 euro for 20 minutes.

Ago

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Just named one of the world's best (#10, I think) restaurants by Elite Traveler magazine.

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Bingo. Thats what I did, except I didn't make it to the Osteria Francescana