Need ferrari mechanic near West Plm Beach | FerrariChat

Need ferrari mechanic near West Plm Beach

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Azzuro Blue, Apr 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    I have not been happy lately with the guy who works on my Ferrari. Engine compartment all scraped up from change to Ferrari racing exhaust, another car in for 5 weeks for very minor things, phone calls virtually never returned so probably 25 to 50 calls on my part over past 5 weeks-you get the idea.
    I am not aware of other independents in the area.
    I have not heard good things from people who tried to buy cars from
    Ferrari of Palm Beach. Does anyone know their service reputation and whether bills for repairs outrageous? Better yet, a good independent.
    Thanks

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I would send a PM to John Temerian (Supercarguru). He has had exotics serviced in your area for many years prior to moving to Miami. I think he would have a great recommendation. I would say Tim Stanford but your car is newer than what he works on. I went to a guy out in Wellington for some minor stuff years ago, but he does not specialize in Ferraris. I have read mixed reviews for Carrera. I am pretty sure I know who you are currently using, and I don't think your experience is out of the ordinary. As far as FoPB, I have not heard anything negative, and they seem very friendly and knowledgeable when I visited there. I would definitely give them an opportunity to prove their abilities.

:)
    BT

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    If I were in Palm Beach County it'd be worth my peace of mind to take the car down to FMFL or Tim Stanford.

Why not do us a favor and tell us who you're unhappy with? You my save another FChatter some heartache. The information flows both ways.

4. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    I don't want to burn any bridges with no certain alternative. I will check out the Ferrari of Palm Beach. I am very leery of Ferrari dealers. I used to hear of people getting outrageous bills from Shelton Ferrari when a car would go in for a minor service. When I bought my car with 4,000 miles, I had a pre-purchase inspection done at another Florida Ferrari dealer and was told it needed a clutch and wheel bearing. Nearing 12,000 miles 8 years later and clutch is getting close and no wheel bearing issues (John Temarian told me at the time it was normal). I am averse to feeling robbed whether I can afford it or not but I get the idea a lot of Ferrari owners expect it or only drive cars under warranty.