Buying a 360 Modena in Houston | FerrariChat

Buying a 360 Modena in Houston

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mallick_1984, Apr 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mallick_1984

Mallick_1984 Rookie

Apr 23, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Abhishek Mallick
    Dear Members,

I was hoping to get some insights/help regarding buying a 360 Modena (in Houston) within the next 1-2 months. I tried my best to take in as much as possible from the past threads, buying guide and streamlined my search to the following;

1) Red/ Tan or Red/Black 360 Modena or Spider.
    2) F1 Transmission, personal preference.
    3) Less than 20k miles, preferably below 15k miles.
    4) If possible, later, 02-04 model.
    5) PPI mandatory and from Mark, Sphere Motorsports in Houston.

However, my concern is that the pricing seems to be inconsistent to what is being generally mentioned in the forums or threads, FML etc. Of course, nothing can be generic in buying a Ferrari, but a range is appreciated. At present few are available for sale in Houston, can someone share his/her thoughts on them.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

1) Cars for Sale: 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider in Houston, TX 77090: Convertible Details - 370891363 - AutoTrader.com

2) Cars for Sale: 2003 Ferrari 360 Modena in Sugar Land, TX 77479: Coupe Details - 370597357 - AutoTrader.com

3) Cars for Sale: 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider in Houston, TX 77057: Convertible Details - 370274993 - AutoTrader.com

2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    First off, welcome! And best of luck with your search.

However, I might suggest that a more specific question would prompt more replies. What exactly are you looking for folks to tell you about those three cars?

Does anyone have any personal knowledge or history with them? Might have more luck posting in the local section.

Does anyone have general tips or advice about this particular model? Probably better off asking in the 360/430 section. (And there's a wonderful buyers' guide in there too.)

Does anyone have an opinion on the asking prices? Again, I would say the 360/430 section will find you the most relevant opinions. But then again, it sounds like you have done your research already. And in the end the asking price us just that. Whether you decide it is appropriate for the car and for you is 100% your decision to make.

Again, welcome!! And here's hoping you have a 360 in your garage soon.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    1. Call Joseph Maniaci @ FOH and ask him if he "knows" these cars. (Tell him Dale sent you.)

2. Call Grady Owens @ FCA-Houston. If Joe doesn't know, he might.

3. Odds are these are auction cars. Good news is they are cheep. Bad news is they will have no history. So take your time and ALWAYS get a PPI. Mark Darragh of Sphere is your friend.

4. Post this in the Texas section.

Dale

4. Mallick_1984

Mallick_1984 Rookie

Apr 23, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Abhishek Mallick
    Thanks to both of you :). Will do as you mentioned.