New Power Warranty | FerrariChat

New Power Warranty

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SAFE4NOW, Nov 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Ferrari New Power Program

Alot of questions are being asked all over the forum, so I thought I would offer up a simplified answer in this thread.

Here are the details as of June 2014:

## WHAT ##

New Power - Ferrari extended coverage for up to the vehicle’s 12th year.

The main Targets of this new program are:
    1. Simplify coverage vs age of the car
    2. New Power replaces Power Normal and PowerTrain
    3. Offer coverage options on Ferrari's up to 12 years old

## COVERAGE ##

Covered Items:

Engine: engine crankcase and all internal components, cylinder head(s) and valvetrain, oil
    radiator(s), head gasket(s), oil sump and oil pump, variable valve timing adjusters,
    solenoid valves. (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

Ignition/Injection: Oxygen sensors, secondary air system (secondary air pump and valves
    only), ionising ECU.

F1/Mechanical gearbox: gearbox casing and differential housing(s), including all internal
    components, F1 Power Unit: electric pump, valves; actuator, ECU, selected and engaged
    gear sensor (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

DCT gearbox: gearbox including all internal components and ECU (oil seals and oil leaks
    are excluded).

Power Transmission Unit: ECU, clutch (rubber boots excluded), PTU: including all
    internal components (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

Suspension and steering: complete steering box, suspension arm joints power steering
    pump (excluding drive belts), suspension arm joints, toe-in tie-rod, ECU for controls on
    steering wheel (oil seals and oil leaks are excluded).

Cooling system: water pump, fans (leaks are excluded).

Air conditioning/heating: AC system control devices, AC compressor and AC system ECU.

Electrical system: alternator, starter motor, ignition coil, engine ECU, gearbox ECU,
    crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, power window motors.

Fuel and induction system: injectors, throttle bodies, air flow sensor, intake manifold,
    pressure regulator, temperature sensors, fuel pipes, fuel pumps.

Brake system: hydraulic brake pump, brake pressure regulator and servo.

Bodywork: RHT roof function (wear, bodywork and paint defects, seals and water
    infiltration are excluded).

## VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS ##

Here are the MAIN Requirements of the New Power program:

1.The vehicle mileage must not exceed 56,000 mi (90,000 km)

2.The vehicle must not have been involved in a serious accident, been tampered with, been
    stolen or taken part in competition or races.

3.The vehicle must not have been used for any commercial purpose, such as long or short
    term rental by a car rental company.

4.To subscribe to the New Power program the client has to contact any Authorized Ferrari
    Dealer

5.The activation of the service must be approved by Ferrari SpA through its authorized dealer
    Ferrari SpA reserves the right to verify with the authorized dealer that the vehicle meets all
    the technical standards, and has the right to reject the request.

6. The vehicle must be inspected by an Authorized Ferrari Dealer to certify compliance with
    the quality requisites specified by Ferrari and verify the traceability of its service history:
    services, routine and special maintenance.

7. The vehicle must be inspected and subject to the checks that you can find in the specific
    checklist for each model.

Ferrari reserves the right to refuse coverage on any vehicle.

## DEALERSHIP Requirements ##

Requirements for Authorized Ferrari Dealers , the following documents must be attached to the request:

1.New Power Vehicle Checklist

2.Compression Test Results*

3.Copy of the Signed Page of the Warranty Booklet

4.Repair Order for the Inspection ( Additional charge for this inspection, first time only )

5.Scan In / Scan Out

6.Service History

7.Warranty Book Indicating Services Performed

8.Battery Check Sheet

9.Ownership History

* Compression test is not required if:
    - The vehicle is less than 5 years old and has less than 31,068 miles (50,000 km)
    - There are no problems with the engine

## COST ##

Pricing:
    V8 $4500 12 month coverage
    V12 $5760 12 month coverage

DISCOUNTS:

There are two kinds of "Special Incentives" that have been created which can be combined together:

Incentive for year on year for the New Power renewal
    8 cylinder vehicles = $375.00
    12 cylinder vehicles = $570.00

Additional Incentive for no repairs during the past year**
    8 cylinder vehicles = $375.00
    12 cylinder vehicles = $570.00

** No repairs during the past year means that during the last coverage period no repair
    operations were requested under the program.

I am more than happy to help with any questions or purchase of this program, but know that you will need to visit your local Ferrari Dealership in order to get the initial inspection performed. I can help with renewals as well.

You may reach me via PM on Ferrari Chat, e-mail: [email protected], or contacting me directly at 972-447-5200

Steve

A few keywords:

New Power Warranty , Power Warranty , Ferrari Warranty , Extended Warranty , Warranty Extension , Warranty Contract

whatheheck and David hsu like this.
  2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #2 SAFE4NOW, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

3. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    Thanks for the clear, concise summary Steve

4. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    all those "leaks are excluded" scare me. But I rejoice at the news that Ferrari now covers all those parts up to 12 years.

5. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Wow. That seems really comprehensive.

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #6 SAFE4NOW, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #### 2015 Spring Pricing Special ####

$500 off the price of the next 10 New Power Warranty that come to me directly from Ferrari Chat ( You MUST tell me that you found this thread on Ferrari Chat for discount )

Please reach out to me via PM or E-mail ( [email protected] )

Steve

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Is the first year $4500 and subsequent years $375?

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    $4500 per year

Once you purchase the policy, the next year's policy may be discounted $375.00 so your 2nd year price would be $4125.

If, during the previous year, you do not have any claims against the policy, then you are also entitled to an additonal $375.00 off

Making the renewal price $3750.00 per year.

S

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Ah i see. Got it.

11. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm about to take my 2011 458 into the dealer for an inspection to get the new power warranty extended another year.

Dealer is quoting $4500 plus about $500 in labor for 3hrs of inspection.

Is this what other are paying? Anyone negotiate a better price?

Are the discounts still available as mentioned by the op for renewing consecutive years plus no repairs?

12. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    Speedsport:
    I renewed my 599 Power warranty in March and that was the best price I could negotiate, $5k all in. Let us know if you can do any better.

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    So, basically, they want 4X the average annual service rate cost.

14. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I haven't taken my car in for the inspection yet, but the best pricing I could get was the $4500 warranty, + about $500 labor. However, I did ask and they agreed I qualify for a $375 reduction for lack of claim against the exisiting warranty, and a $375 reduction for a year over year renewal. So I'm looking at about $4300 total.

15. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I don't see fluid leaks very often , if at all, yet, but I do understand your concern.
    With all the additonal items that are covered it still comes out as a win, from what I have seen so far.

It is, considering it's a Ferrari!

S

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Ask your Dealership, if they are not willing to help you out with the New Power Warranty cost, LMK , I will!

The year over year discounts do not have to be negotiated, as they are set by Ferrari.
    $375 for renewing year to year and $375 if you have no claims on the current year policy ( year to year )

$4500 is retail price for a 12 month New Power Warranty on a v8

Hope this helps,

S

17. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    $5k is a great deal after discounts!

I'm not sure how you are comparing apples to oranges.

The cost to SERVICE a Ferrari on a year by year basis vs the cost to REPAIR a Ferrari on a year by year basis.

New Power is basicly Health Insurance for your car. Some get it, some don't, whatever one feels most comfortable with.

S

18. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I extended my 2012 458 spider 2 years in April. 9900. Purchased at time of car purchase . I didn't do it with my 430 spider , big mistake. 15 k later here we are. Purchased car and warranty from Ferrari of Palm Beach.

19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Kirk,

You might still be able to purchase the warranty for your F430 ( If you still have it that is )

S

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Steve , thanks but I traded it on the 458.

21. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Took my 458 to the dealer today for the new power warranty extension inspection. They would not approve it due to the rear tires being 1/16" below the maximum wear. I have no idea what the tires have to do with anything, but they refused to extend it without replacing the tires. Very frustrating. I have new tires sitting in case i need them, but i was planning on putting them on next season. Now the car will have to sit all winter on fresh tires. Stupid. Almost seems like a scam. What ferrari doesn't have some wear on the rear tires? They still look good to me!

22. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Different strokes for different folks.

Tires are the biggest safety factor on a car IMVHO. Only contact you have with the road. The rears on my Fcar always need replacing before the fronts but i put new rubber all around. Don't want to take the chance of different grip front vs rear.

And experience has taught me that well worn tires are more likely to grt a flat. Just not worth the hassle.

The warranty will help resale anyway.

Best

23. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I understand the safety aspect, and i bought a compete 4 set, but what it's a warranty inspection, not a safety inspection. How does a little extra wear an issue with something else breaking?

24. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I have no idea...but they may think it's an attitude toward maintenance. Italians don't think like we do.

But the warranty will add value to your car. I would do it.

Best

25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #25 SAFE4NOW, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Please do not use this againt me by telling them " Steve said " but I wanted to put out the actual inspection form as requested by Ferrari FNA / SpA ( attached below )

As listed, Line 6 , it states " Check conformity of wheels, tires, suspension... " Which I have always interpreted as OEM wheels, OEM tires, OEM suspension... it does not request photographs, tire tread readings, etc. It would be different if the form required measurements, it does not. Now, if your worn tires are Kuhmo's , THAT is another discussion.

So, while I agree, that if you are truly at 1/16" BELOW minimium wear,that would put you at what , 2/32nd of tread on a tire that started with 8/32 - 10/32nd of tread.

I would document that you needed them, that you declined them, then process your New Power Warranty agreement...

LMK if they will reconsider, if not, PM me and we can discuss, as I can get you the policy as well, with proper dox.

S
    Image Unavailable, Please Login