Lurkers -- come out and play | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Greetings

At last count there were over 10,000 registered users here, and yet only about (guessing) 20% or so ever post.

I know that the first post to a community like this can be intimidating, so here's a thread for you.

Simply fill out your profile and post an intro here. We are happy to have you join us.

Negative comments are not allowed in this thread, and will be agressively deleted by yours truly. This particularly applies to posts by more established members of the community :D

Trust me, the value that you get by lurking is nothing compared to the value you receive by participating. More importantly, you help grow the community, and increase the value to everyone.

LET'S SEE THOSE INTROS!

Wayne Forza and cherryrrari094 like this.
  2. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    My name is Jeremiha and I live in San Diego, CA. I've been lurking on here for a couple months now and just started posting. While I am only 16 I have been an avid Ferrari lover all my lifer. Right now I don't have a Ferrari (I wish), but I do have a 97 328i. I hope to be able to make it to the next San Diego meet. Seems like everyone on here is very friendly, and I hope to get to know everyone on here!

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Welcome Jeremiha. Ownership isn't an issue here, our #1 poster doesn't own one either. But he's addicted, and THAT'S required.

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Howdy Jeremiha, look forward to meeting you in San Diego!

5. BOSFan

BOSFan Rookie

Feb 2, 2005
    Hi, I just started posting too. My first post was in the New England seciton.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47436

Not much of responses there. Should probably start a thread on foul weather exotics :). Should I have posted that in general? Not sure how the rules work yet.

Brian

Robert Collins likes this.
  6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Brian.

Welcome aboard.

Gotta love those New England winters, eh?

I'd probably stick that in Off Topic-Cars & Motorcycles, unless you want to talk specifically about Lambos (for reasons unknown to me) then you put in in Off Topic-Lamborghinichat.com.

One of the nicer services the mods provide here is swiftly moving a thread where it belongs if misplaced, while leaving a link to it in the original forum.

So, place your thread where you think it belongs, and if you guess wrong, it'll land in the right place soon enough.

Again, welcome, and jump in anywhere.

DM

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Jeremiha and Brian, welcome to you both. Looking forward to seeing your posts on the various threads.

John & Carol

8. BOSFan

BOSFan Rookie

Feb 2, 2005
    Thanks for the welcomes. I will start loving new england winters more if the patriots are in the super bowl more often and if I get to see cars like the ones I saw that day out and about. :)

I put the thread in the new england section because I was hoping to see if the Ferrari owner was from there or if anyone knew him or the group he was with. Hoping to get to see those cars again. Specially with the snow all over them. It was kind of like looking at a car wreck. Its horrible but you want to look more. Salt and snow on a brand new Ferrari and cars like Bentleys? Just one of those cars costs more than the apartment I live in. Crazy.

9. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    Welcome!

10. smitty360

smitty360 Rookie

Sep 1, 2004
    silverdale, pa
    Full Name:
    eric
    My name is Eric, I'm a 22 year old recent college graduate

I live in Upper Bucks County, PA and am a huge Ferrari fan
    hope to own one someday

I have made a few posts before

Just wanted to say this is a great board

11. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Well, I havent been lurking ill introduce my self

Hi my name is Martin Kosik. I live in Calgary Alberta. I am currently 13 years old. Though young I enjoy Ferrari's as much as you people do. I would hope to own a Ferrari later in life. Maybe a 360 CS or something.

*Martin

Kent Dellenbusch likes this.
  12. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    I'm just an engineering student. I come here for the pictures (especially the 355's).

13. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    college student and no Ferrari, but my Uncle and Cousin have a Testarossa, 512, and 360 Challenge car. Right now my cousin is on the list for a 430.

14. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

It figures your an engineering student. You come here for the pictures and not the ones in the Bikini thread. JEEEEZZ

15. Kitty Fishsticks

Silver Subscribed

Jan 7, 2005
    under the porch
    Full Name:
    Kitty Fishsticks
    hi guys! i'm new here as well, joined about a month or so ago. was immediately banned for some reason, but back now in good standing. :)

i'm a professional avatar and enjoy detective work and playing with helpless prey.

truth be told, I'm not planning to get a ferrari (lack of opposable thumbs and all that), so i'm mostly here for the mindless banter and the occasional troll hunt.

KF

edit: oh, and, not to brag or anything, but i am the first imaginary non-human to have a silver membership here and am blazing the trail for all other mammals world-wide.

16. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.

SEE!! It's this very aberrant type behavior that keeps our poor lurkers cowering in the corners. :)

Welcome to the newcomers.

17. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Welcome guys. No need to be intimidated by anyone here.

18. Kitty Fishsticks

Silver Subscribed

Jan 7, 2005
    under the porch
    Full Name:
    Kitty Fishsticks
    except this tough p*ssy.

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    To all the young people: I had the "dream" when I was your age, but I was patient enough to wait for the right moment, and it took 30 years. But now I have my Ferrari, and it was worth the wait.

And just because you don't have one yet is not a reason not to participate in Ferrari events. Most owners are happy to show their cars off and answer questions. I, for one, enjoy letting young people sit behind the wheel and I enjoy giving rides when the opportunity presents itself. And FerrariChat is a good way to find out about events in your area.

The bottom line is not to be impatient. It will make the acquisition, once you achieve it, that much more satisfying. And don't despair if the price of new Ferraris remains out of reach (as it has always been with me). My car may be 19 years old, but it is still genuine Ferrari and no less enjoyable!

20. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    When I have something even remotely constructive to post, I will do so. Until such time, I will continue to dwell in relative obscurity...And besides, I ain't the brightest Crayola in the box...Someone pass me a fishstick...

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Here Kitty Kitty, nice Kitty Kitty. Come and play over in the Rossa section where the carnivores hang out.

Leave the fish in the barrel to someone else.

Actually guys, Kitty Fishsticks is a pretty benign creature. Just lurking in the shadows, waiting for unsuspecting prey.

Here kitty kitty...........

22. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Come on! KF's really a p*ssy cat! :)

KF's only a silver, can't get in Rossa (although you may remember, KF is the only non-Rossa to EVER post there!): http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44556

23. eschoendorff

eschoendorff Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    Okay... I admit it. I am a lurker. Mostly because I really don't have any business being here. I am a Corvette owner, but a Ferrari lover. I just really like learning about these amazing cars.

ps... just watched the Rolex Historic Series show on Speed. Hering those V12 F1 and sports cars reminded me that I have to visit this forum more often!!!!

24. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Mammals of the world unite! Personally I prefer doggy style.

25. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Hey men...thanks for the thread. I just love reading/learning about Ferraris, and their owner's feelings/attitudes about this car. All your-all's feelings about Ferraris seem to mimic my own feelings toward flying (which I do). I'd love to own one, I just do not seem (at this time, anyway), to be able to swing the kind of justification it would require of me to own one. (Is that a coward's way of saying he can't afford one?). Sometimes it just seems that everything I own that is very expensive, and is solely self-indulgent...is for some reason, it's somewhat unrewarding to me. I don't know why that is. (and trust me...I've yet to let that keep me from being very self-indulgent when I've wanted to be!!!!). It's just that my owning a Ferrari would be, to date, the most absolute, self-indulgent thing I've done to date in my 47 years of living. (But I have noticed that I seem to be "pushing that envelope" more and more as I get closer and closer to "those golden years").
    And this rambling does not, and is not meant in anyway, to be any kind of a judgement of those who can afford to own, and enjoy, this car. Quite the contrary...it's respect that I feel.

Whoa...it's good to get that out (I've just held it all in for sooo looong").

Anyway, a little more seriously, the truth is I'll problably buy one at some point. Another part of the justification for not having one is that here in E. Tennessee, well, I think I've seen a total of one in my life, (and it was probably from out of town). Just the logistics of not living in a metropolitan area like some of you...in the cities of CA, or Atlanta, or even Charlotte or NASHVILLE...well, there just doesn't seem to be, no, there isn't,the network here for these kinds of cars, so that lately has played into my not having one....yet. It would take alot of moving around and footwork.

One more thing (NOW THAT YOU'VE ASKED), I'm scared of anything where there is no end in sight to the spending. It's not like a ski trip to CO ($3K), or a Porsche ($40k, but you can kinda tell what it's costs are going to be, they're kinda finite), a Ferrari...well...forget the budget, as they say...if you have to ask...So I'm trying to separate the wheat from the chafe as far as really knowing what it'd be cost-wise. My experience has been that if you can justify it, it's worth it, so "it's not really all that expensive". (yeah, right!)

Thanks for the thread, thanks for the site, and thanks most of all to you all for keeping these things/dreams going for us...

Now, I need to get back to my catnip.

Dave Cate
    Knoxville, TN

nikita_march likes this.