Monterey Historics/Reunion 2017 - featured marque? | FerrariChat

Monterey Historics/Reunion 2017 - featured marque?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GordonC, Feb 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Has the featured marque for this year's 2017 Monterey Historics / Motorsports Reunion been announced yet? I checked the web site Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca , and there's no mention of it, and Google searching doesn't find anything. I thought this was strange, often it's announced shortly after the previous year's event is finished.

I've attended 3 times in the past, twice by road trip down the coast. My August plans just changed and opened up... I'm possibly considering a road trip down the Pacific Coast again, but this time making it much more special and taking my 308 and entering Concorso Italiano, etc.

2. Pranucci

Pranucci Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    Carpinteria, CA
    If there is a featured marque they haven't announced it yet.
    I've gone many times but not in the last five or so years. We went to the first year after Steve Earle left and it definitely wasn't the same.
    This is interesting, though. Trying to get back to basics?

Spring Classic - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

3. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #3 wiley355, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #4 wiley355, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Don't know what the featured marque for the reunion is but do know that taking your 308 will make everything more special. We took our 355 down in 2015 and did the Concorso Italiano for the first time and also the FCA Annual Meet which immediately followed. Unforgettable experiences.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    #5 versamil, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Nice reminder of the 2015 Concorso Italiano. I drove my WHITE 328 GTB down from near Portland Oregon. It is just barely visible at the end of the row of RED 328's. I went again with a 458 spider in 2016, and it actually was really disappointing. For some reason, they became tightwads and instead of having food available for the Ferrari owners displaying their cars, there were FOUR vendors charging big bucks trying to feed literally thousands of people. Easily a two hour wait in line for not so good of food. Really thinking hard whether it's an event I would want to do a third year in a row.

Save some grief, bring your own food. I just checked their website, and it's a repeat of last year, where they only provide coffee and snacks in separate marque tents. Maybe they'll let more "roach coaches" yes that's what they were,
    into the show in 2017, because they certainly didn't have enough last year. Of course if you're wanting to go first class, there's another layer of hospitality that "only" adds about three hundred dollars to your admission fee. A shame the lunches provided in 2015 are history.

In the nineties I attended the Monterey Historics every year. Went for the first time again in 2016 and it really seems to have diminished. The infield used to be packed and last year on Sunday it was virtually deserted.

6. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Chrysler tc by Maserati?

;)