Go Back   FerrariChat.com > General Forums > Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 03-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Julian Thompson's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cheshire UK
Full Name: Julian Thompson
Posts: 689
This strikes me as a real shame. I don't know either of you guys but the fella selling the car is a long term f chat member and seems to be a real car enthusiast. You paid money and he delivered a car - so it's not outright theft - presuming the issue is condition / service related is there no way you guys can just have a man to man chat and sort this out?
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #22  
Old 03-19-2017, 02:57 PM
TheMayor's Avatar
Four Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vegas baby
Posts: 49,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
I understand you guys are after the juicy details, but at the same time I am concerned about privacy and I do not want to be accused of any wrongdoing on my part. As such, I will not make definitive statements or provide evidence I have in advance of going to court. To my knowledge, it is best to keep details private until the lawyers say you can communicate them publicly. Currently I just need an attorney. Once I have one, I can learn what I can and cannot post publicly.

Potentially defrauded means that as far as I can tell, I've been defrauded. I won't say for sure until a judge decides. However any attorney worth his salt will understand once presented with the facts.
If you're interested in your privacy you have a strange way of going about it!

Seems to me you are trying to get a bit of personal revenge by posting. I'm not blaming you but there are 10 million better ways to find a lawyer than coming to Fchat and telling everyone a member here has "potentially" screwed you over (you're not sure????)

People who are interested in privacy tend not to air their issues in public forums and accuse someone known here they are a "potential" crook.


I'm not saying you didn't get screwed over. Maybe you did. Maybe you're putting pressure on someone. Maybe you're just angry. But lets get off the "I'm protecting my privacy" when you start to accuse others of wrongdoing and then walk away.
__________________
"A Dino is not a Ferrari. It's better." "When you buy a Ferrari you marry your mechanic." "Owning a Ferrari is like eating peanuts. You can't stop with just one."

Last edited by TheMayor; 03-19-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pinewood, MN
Full Name: Steve
Posts: 669
I'm quite surprised you have the car without having paid for it yet.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:54 PM
DesertDawg's Avatar
Three Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Desert
Full Name: DesertDawg
Posts: 36,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
But lets get off the "I'm protecting my privacy" when you start to accuse others of wrongdoing in public and then walk away.

Fixed.
__________________
"I think the mills of the Gods grind slow but they also grind exceedingly fine..."
(Napolis, via Sextus Empiricus)
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #25  
Old 03-19-2017, 10:04 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Corona Del Mar, Cali
Full Name: Ron H
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
I understand you guys are after the juicy details, but at the same time I am concerned about privacy and I do not want to be accused of any wrongdoing on my part. As such, I will not make definitive statements or provide evidence I have in advance of going to court. To my knowledge, it is best to keep details private until the lawyers say you can communicate them publicly. Currently I just need an attorney. Once I have one, I can learn what I can and cannot post publicly.

Potentially defrauded means that as far as I can tell, I've been defrauded. I won't say for sure until a judge decides. However any attorney worth his salt will understand once presented with the facts.
Zakiu, under the Ferraris for sale Classifieds thread "2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 red/tan New clutch and F1 Pump" (that was the original thread where Cscat87 advertised the car for sale and you purchased the car), you said after the purchase: "FYI it appears as though the seller has committed fraud regarding this vehicle." (My emphasis added). You provided absolutely no details substantiating your claim even though the seller in the original ad posted detailed information regarding the car, both good and bad.

In that thread there was discussion of the fact that the seller was also selling his 2009 Maserati GranTurismo. So you then went to the Other Cars for sale Classified thread "Selling my 2009 Maserati GranTurismo" also started by Cscat87 and said: "Whoever purchased this may want to contact me. Cscat87 grossly misrepresented the F430 he sold me and may or may not have done the same with this buyer. I would be interested in knowing more about their experience." Again you provided absolutely no details of you allegations.

When you started this thread entitled "Defrauded by private party seller. Seeking attorney in the SoCal area" you said: "I was potentially defrauded by a private seller while purchasing a Ferrari." In terms terms of substance all you said was "the vehicle has arrived (not as described), and no further paperwork has been completed. I have not received the title." When pressed to provide details you say: "I am concerned about privacy and I do not want to be accused of any wrongdoing on my part. As such, I will not make definitive statements or provide evidence I have in advance of going to court. To my knowledge, it is best to keep details private until the lawyers say you can communicate them publicly."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Cscat87 provided details, both good and bad, in excruciating detail in his ad about the car. Then you go out in three different threads and talk about fraud and misrepresentation and specifically target Cscat87. You do this knowing that Cscat87 is a respected, long term member of the forum and his friends are part of the forum. When you are given the benefit of the doubt and repeatedly asked for details, you come up with this crap that you are concerned about privacy and don't want to be accused of wrongdoing.

You intentionally published in THREE different threads extreme allegations against Cscat87 with absolutely no support. If you were concerned about privacy you would not have made any post. If you didn't want to be accused of wrongdoing you would state the facts, not make outrageous unsubstantiated allegations.

Zakiu, it is time to put up or shut up. Stop the bs and state the factual issue or shut the ---- up! It is simply not fair to use the forum to harass and make extreme unsubstantiated allegations about a long term member.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 AM
daytona355's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Full Name: Sid Korshak
Posts: 5,133
My Garage
Used cars - the worst commodity to buy or sell. Someone always feels upset somewhere down the line.

This guy just sounds butt hurt, maybe the radio doesn't get the oldies channel or something?

By the way, outright accusing someone of fraud in written form - in the U.K. I'm pretty certain that itself is slanderous, and could be prosecuted in court, so this privacy bs is exactly that, BS
__________________
"Disclaimer F1 forum: Only Ferrari matters to me, not any other team or driver." Ferrari e la passione della corse. Remember, it's easier to apologise than it is to ask permission. Second class driving is better than first class walking!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Rookie
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
Zakiu, it is time to put up or shut up. Stop the bs and state the factual issue or shut the ---- up! It is simply not fair to use the forum to harass and make extreme unsubstantiated allegations about a long term member.
There is no BS here. I am seeking an attorney and providing minimal background information that is quite obvious. Are you providing an attorney, or are you just trying to harass / troll? I have received support from other members and do not welcome your hostility or demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Thompson View Post
You paid money and he delivered a car - so it's not outright theft - presuming the issue is condition / service related is there no way you guys can just have a man to man chat and sort this out?
I tried but he refused to be transparent and has gone into hiding.

Last edited by zakiu; 03-20-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Julian Thompson's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cheshire UK
Full Name: Julian Thompson
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
I tried but he refused to be transparent and has gone into hiding.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Good luck resolving your problems I really hope it can be fixed outside of the legal system because from my limited experience of it normally the only real winners end up as the lawyers themselves - everyone else seems to end up out of pocket and bruised by the experience.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:27 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MA
Full Name: Paul
Posts: 2,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
I tried but he refused to be transparent and has gone into hiding.
I understand that the seller hasn't provided the title in spite of his ad which stated he had a "Clean New York State title in hand." Certainly that is an issue of concern. I would think that would be Fedex'd to you well before the car even arriving.

Also, apparently the car was not as described. I am curious what would it cost you to make the car conform to what you expected?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:05 PM
cls cls is offline
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Full Name: Chris
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
I tried but he refused to be transparent and has gone into hiding.
Once you involve attorneys, that's to be expected.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Statler's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,746
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
Once you involve attorneys, that's to be expected.
And made several public accusations. I wouldn't talk to someone either after that. This is going to get expensive.
__________________
cui bono
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,263
Seems like the original poster just was asking for a legal referral. Not sure why that sound cause a storm.

It would be nice if more information was provided about the failure in paper work and condition though.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #33  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:29 PM
arizonaitalian's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Various
Posts: 5,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
Seems like the original poster just was asking for a legal referral. Not sure why that sound cause a storm.
Really, the responses here are surprising to you?


Its because it was for a transaction that was started on F-chat classifieds and between two f-chatters (thus one is being accused by the OP). It certainly adds to it that the OP has made negative assertions on a long-time member in three threads. I actually think the response has been measured by f-chatters.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Rookie
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Zakiu, it is time to put up or shut up. Stop the bs and state the factual issue or shut the ---- up! It is simply not fair to use the forum to harass and make extreme unsubstantiated allegations about a long term member.
Such language! I don't know what to tell you other than that I think you're exceptionally rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaitalian View Post
Really, the responses here are surprising to you?

Its because it was for a transaction that was started on F-chat classifieds and between two f-chatters (thus one is being accused by the OP). It certainly adds to it that the OP has made negative assertions on a long-time member in three threads. I actually think the response has been measured by f-chatters.
To be honest, I've probably been using online forums since before you knew what an online forum was. Circa 1994 or earlier via BBS. Judging a book by its cover is very rude behavior, especially from a supposedly sophisticated group such as fchat, especially knowing as little as they know about the actual facts of the scenario. Lots of unwarranted assumptions, accusations, and finger pointing and not a whole lot of fact-checking.

This is not a thread about a car for sale, nor is it a discussion thread of any characters / parties in question. It is a thread that is simply looking for an appropriate attorney who is local and experienced. Simple stuff! Please stay on topic.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alexandria VA
Full Name: Greg
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
not a whole lot of fact-checking.
Not clear what facts folks are supposed to have checked when all that appears to have happened is an accusation was made without any specifics. But maybe I missed something...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM
RedNeck's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Chattanooga area
Full Name: Matt
Posts: 1,191
Very interested to see if this is truly a CEL issue as mentioned in the other thread. If it is:

1.It's stupid, a waste of time, and the seller would save himself a ton of trouble by just paying for the correction rather than fooling around with a sue-happy sap with no knowledge of cars and decided to post a non-specific accusation. FYI, I'm sure anything posted here could be used if this actually finds it way int a lawsuit.

2. The buyer doesn't sound like someone who should be owning an exotic car if a CEL causes this kind of reaction. What happens when this thing needs a $3k+ standard service? Someone else's fault because they didn't tell him how much it would be?

3. It's still stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Rookie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
Such language! I don't know what to tell you other than that I think you're exceptionally rude.



To be honest, I've probably been using online forums since before you knew what an online forum was. Circa 1994 or earlier via BBS. Judging a book by its cover is very rude behavior, especially from a supposedly sophisticated group such as fchat, especially knowing as little as they know about the actual facts of the scenario. Lots of unwarranted assumptions, accusations, and finger pointing and not a whole lot of fact-checking.

This is not a thread about a car for sale, nor is it a discussion thread of any characters / parties in question. It is a thread that is simply looking for an appropriate attorney who is local and experienced. Simple stuff! Please stay on topic.
Just wanted to stop by solely to say, you sound like a real tool! I bet you spend most of your life complaining and feel like everyine is out to get you. Making serious accusations all over a public forum, without providing any basis or facts, is in the poorest form possible. Despite your phony baloney indignation, regardless of what the facts are, you are a tool and I hope ypu get exactly what you deserve. Enough said.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 PM
TheMayor's Avatar
Four Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vegas baby
Posts: 49,225
Buying a used Ferrari is like winning the lottery----



----in reverse.
__________________
"A Dino is not a Ferrari. It's better." "When you buy a Ferrari you marry your mechanic." "Owning a Ferrari is like eating peanuts. You can't stop with just one."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MA
Full Name: Paul
Posts: 2,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
Such language! I don't know what to tell you other than that I think you're exceptionally rude.

Lots of unwarranted assumptions, accusations, and finger pointing and not a whole lot of fact-checking.
I agree.

How about starting here-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nospinzone View Post
Also, apparently the car was not as described. I am curious what would it cost you to make the car conform to what you expected?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 PM
arizonaitalian's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Various
Posts: 5,758
Defrauded by private party seller. Seeking attorney in the SoCal area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
To be honest, I've probably been using online forums since before you knew what an online forum was. Circa 1994 or earlier via BBS.

Them's some impressive bonafides!

We are so lucky to have you here to tell all of us how to behave. You are adding so much to our forum. Please do continue to tell us what is, and is not, acceptable as the Al Gore of forums.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.