Go Back   FerrariChat.com > General Forums > Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
Why are you so concerned with image? What is with your focus on people's reaction?

Porsche produces vehicles that are fully intended for enthusiasts such as the GT4, GT3, GT2, Spyder, etc. That they build SUVs is irrelvant for those who bought a porsche for the right reasons anyway.

Furthermore, your comments about buyers of suvs and sedans is extremely sexist and pretty ridiculous. Is your wife a model? Thanks for that little tidbit.

The wrong kind of buyer is what happened to porsche, not the cayenne.
Of course I am and so are others concerned with image those that are honest when you pay a premium for these cars, are you fooling yourself thinking we don't care? Go get a hopped up WRX or a GTR then. Yeah my wife is a model and that's what I used to Date when I was single they are concerned about image too lol guess that bothers you go date fat ugly women then. Yes I am sexist, can't men at least manly men that know what they want have there own cars or do we have to share with women get emasculated metro cars. Yes when I see Cayennes and Panamera it's women driving them they are a car made for women.

Last edited by petearron; 07-15-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-15-2017, 05:36 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -K1- View Post
SM said on analyst calls this year that the 10,000 limit is toast. Why do you think they are going hybrid for all new F from 2019?
Missed that. Well at least there is a chance that they retain the 2+2 v12 line.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kenji
They actually said they were going to make more variants on the existing platforms rather than less so not sure why they would lose the FF. Cali who knows as that is the 2+2
Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Just for the record, I am not saying I would love a Ferrari SUV, I am just saying I don't think I would consider it quite the "sky is falling" moment some might- though I do understand your objections. I'm glad Ferrari has so far resisted the urge to go for the SUV and I hope the GTC4 type vehicle is about as close as they ever get.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-18-2017, 05:26 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jimmie
Autocar are now carrying a slightly variation of the story https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ble-rear-doors
Old 07-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboxer View Post
Autocar are now carrying a slightly variation of the story https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ble-rear-doors
Interesting that Max Warburton is getting on board, he is a very respected analyst so this is likely happening.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:14 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew
Ferrari.....FUV!

"The age of the Ferrari Utility Vehicle is almost upon us

At this point, the dystopian age of a Ferrari SUV isn’t an “if,” but a “when.” Despite going against everything that the Italian automaker stands for, it sounds like engineers and execs are doing their best to keep the forthcoming SUV as “Ferrari” as possible, at least according to a new report from Autocar, which claims the rear doors of the high-rider won’t be immediately visible.

Autocar says while Ferrari continues to tell investors there are no plans for a four-door model, sedan or otherwise, the so-called FUV (Ferrari Utility Vehicle) is still reportedly on track for a 2021 launch. Instead of four doors, Maranello plans on designing a setup with “a clever hidden arrangement.”

A Ferrari SUV should come as a surprise to no one, especially considering the current marketplace that sees day-over-day dips in traditional sedan and car sales in favor of crossovers and SUVs. Of course, Ferrari is far from the first traditional sports car marque to plan a high-performance SUV. Porsche kicked things off with the Cayenne, Maserati recently launched the Levante, Lamborghini is readying its low-slung Urus sport ute, and Aston Martin is working through development of the high-riding DBX. If supreme luxury is more your thing, Bentley is courting celebrities with the $300,000 Bentayga, while Rolls-Royce prepares its Cullinan SUV.

When the FUV does inevitably arrive, don’t expect it to be a shrinking violet. Power will likely come from either a twin-turbocharged V-8 or a V-12, with power outputs potentially reaching up to the 800 hp mark. Like the current four-seat GTC4 Lusso, passenger legroom and amenities will be ample. Autocar says the FUV will likely cost upwards of $270,000, and sell between 2,000 and 3,000 units per year."

Report: Ferrari SUV Coming With Hidden Rear Doors - Motor Trend
Old 07-19-2017, 12:43 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Drew
A Ferrari SUV ruins the entire image of the brand. It should be named 'Poseur'. This is way worse than an FF.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:00 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: David BENOIT
I must say I'm curious about this SUV. Will Ferrari be able to make it as enchanting as the FF? I love the idea of Ferrari experimenting but I do hope that the brand won't suffer from it.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:30 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

I'm amazed there isn't already a ferrari suv.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:33 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Brandon
An FUV? And they won't admit it has 4 doors so they are hidden? Gimme a break, Ferrari in trying to save face is making a bigger mockery of itself.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu
Old 07-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Ferrari SPA cares what people think, they should its all about image, they have probably seen this thread lol, hey Ferrari SPA Enzo would fire every one of you on the spot if he saw what you are doing to his Company and hard work he did to build it.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Good acronym FUV= _uck Up Vehicle Ferrari maybe the should call it the FUBAR
Old 07-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Drew
My bets are that Ferrari does make an SUV. It would be a huge money maker for them. Most of todays Ferrari buyers buy them for a status symbol and an SUV would be perfect for their lifestyle. The commercial will show them ripping through 2' of snow and pulling up to a fancy restaurant etc.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Eddie
I wish Ferrari for once would stop being their typical vain selves and just call it an SUV. OK we need to make an SUV for higher profits and so we can make more of the stuff you like...just like Porsche did.

Yes the brand will be diluted a bit but as long as they still make the stuff I like, don't really care if they make tricycles.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Just so long as it doesn't look like a pissed off insect. Or have a butt ugly grill.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Randy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmalez View Post
I've loved Porsche since the mid 1980's and have purchased a couple of them over the years. My love for Porsche died in 2003. And yes,it was because of the Porsche SUV. I've never owned a Ferrari. But if I could afford one and Ferrari built a SUV... Your're damn strait I would never buy a new one.

Joe
Joe,
When Porsche came out with the 914, 924, 928, 944, 968 many "real. Porsche guys" bad mouth them. Porsche then came out with the Cayenne and Panamera again were bad mouthed. All of these cars sold to particular groups and not to others.

Ferrari produced the Dino, Mondial and other models and they were bad mouthed by "real Ferrari guys" again these cars sold to particular groups and not to others.

I have been a long time Porsche guy since 1968 when I got my first new Porsche 911 and never thought I would buy a Cayenne but then I wanted a ski trip car and got my first Cayenne S. It filled a function for me. My wife liked it and took it over. She liked it so much she wanted a new one so we ordered a new GTS which she now really loves.

While I agree it dilutes the brand let's see what Ferrari comes up with. But if it causes Ferrari to change the other cars it produces because Europe's 10,000 requirements then I think it should be differently branded for that reason. But I have to agree with others here Porsche and Ferrari are not equivalent brands. I believe Ferrari brand will certainly loose some of it's chrisma when it becomes just another auto manufacturer. IMHO
Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakowsky View Post
You cannot even include the lambo in this discussion. The truck arrived as a potential military contract with the Saudi government. Lambo put a ton of money into development and tooling. The rug was pulled, so they continued with production and added the luxury interior. They had to recoup costs. That's the story as I remember it. Lambo never set out to produce and SUV. They were contacted to do so. A bit different then Ferrari. Porsche, or Bentley.
Lamborghini also gets a pass on the SUV because they started as a tractor company not a racing company.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:54 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by petearron View Post
Ferrari SPA cares what people think, they should its all about image, they have probably seen this thread lol, hey Ferrari SPA Enzo would fire every one of you on the spot if he saw what you are doing to his Company and hard work he did to build it.
With or without suv Ferrari's image will Not suffer one bit
Old 07-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakowsky View Post
You cannot even include the lambo in this discussion. The truck arrived as a potential military contract with the Saudi government. Lambo put a ton of money into development and tooling. The rug was pulled, so they continued with production and added the luxury interior. They had to recoup costs. That's the story as I remember it. Lambo never set out to produce and SUV. They were contacted to do so. A bit different then Ferrari. Porsche, or Bentley.
Lamborghini also gets a pass on the SUV because they started as a tractor company not a racing company.
Non-Sponsor Ads