How many own a Ferrari | FerrariChat

How many own a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Steve King, Sep 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    OK out of the 20K people on this site I wonder how many own a Ferrari. Whats the guess here 50% , 75 or less.

2. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I highly doubt that it is near 50%.

3. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Probably more like 5%, if even that. That would be 5% of 20,000.

The thing is that there really isn't 20,000 posters. Sure, 20,000 have joined and have posted at least once in the past. It is a situation where a large percentage of posts come from a small percentage of members. Of that small percentage of people that frequently post, a much higher percentage are actual current or previous owners.

4. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    I'm shocked - I value the information/feedback that is provided on this site and would hope that the information/feedback is provided by individuals that have owned or currently own a Ferrari so that it is coming from first hand experience.

5. Manettino

Manettino Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    Land of Oz
    Remember, when it comes to information, it's quality that counts, not quantity.

6. MCM

MCM Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    I joined to see the pic's.
    Sorry, I have no interest in owning a Ferrari. :eek:)

7. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    #7 jvbjr, Sep 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You do not have to provide a Vin # to join, unlike the FCA. So you get a lot of "enthuisists", or wannabees if you prefer. Every guy wants to own a Ferrari, and many dream of it someday, and this site keeps that dream alive for them. Reality is, if you are 50, have two kids, a house, college costs on the horizon and you gross $65,000 a year, you will never afford a Ferrari. it must be hard to give into that reality and say, "I'm f*cked, my career is stalled, my expenses continue to increase, I can't retrain because I need the income coming in and I have no time for that anyway, my wife has put on 80lbs, my kids have blue and pink hair, my 14 year old wants to get a tattoo and clit piercing...."

So I think that some people come here to live vicariously the life they saw in their future, but eluded their present.

I posted for three weeks PRIOR to buying to gain information, now I have a Ferrari, as you can see in the picture.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Manettino

Manettino Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    Land of Oz
    I don't think the FCA requires ownership.

9. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
  10. Manettino

Manettino Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    Land of Oz
    Just because there is a space for VIN doesn't mean you have to own one. The field isn't marked "required". You don't have to fill it in to join. If you can show something on their website that says ownership is a membership requirement, then I'll believe it when I see it.

11. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    and A NEW HAIR DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    i have a pinto wagon.

13. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    He was making the argument that the frequest posters have Ferraris in much greater numbers than the members at large. Lots of people register accounts and then never post, or post just a few times.

14. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    Hey SLICK you WIN

Q. Can I join the FCA even though I don't own a Ferrari?
    A. You bet. Our only membership requirement is enthusiasm! Many first-time members join to research and locate the Ferrari of their dreams.

Can't keep the riff raff no matter where ya go.

15. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I know many guys that can afford one, but they are so whipped its not funny.

16. bwassam

bwassam Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    North Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Robert Wassam
    I didn't join until I was definately going to buy one. Not being able to buy one and to see others with a Ferrari would just make me nuts. Considering that 308's cost about $30k, give or take a little, anyone can own a F-car. Making it a primary transportation car, would not be a good idea though. It's gotta' be an extra car because of it's limited ability to carry people and cargo.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Bob Wassam

17. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    i own 2 and im not whipped, maybe by tits though.

18. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Blah Blah Blah and you know so much. Sorry dude, anyone can afford a Ferrari Especially a 348. It's an Enzo and old Ferraris most people won't be able to afford. Many cars you see on the road can cost as much, if not more than a 348.

19. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

I have been a member of the FCA (off and on) since the age of 15...
    Trust me, you only have to be an enthusiast to join the club...
    It is however different for the FOC (ferrari owners club).. May have changed though..

20. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I am a member of the FCA. I have a membership card and nametag and sticker and decoder ring. I do not own a Ferrari. I just left it blank. There's really only one thing that matters: that your check doesn't bounce. :)

21. Manettino

Manettino Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    Land of Oz
    #21 Manettino, Sep 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    damn you dave !!!!! i want one of those things !!!!!!!!!

23. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    hey now !!!!!!! now thats sweeeeeet .

24. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    No you don't. I had to do awful things to get it.

25. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    Where other Beverly Hills is the average car cost $65,000? Even there the hired help have automobiles thus pushing the average down. That means for EVERY Accord that drives buy you need a $100,000 to be right behind it for the AVERAGE to be $65,000. Anyone? What percentage of the US population owns, not leases, a $65,000 car, perhaps 2% when did 2% become the average? I am in Morris County NJ that is always in the top ten affluent counties in America, $65,000+ cars are about 10% of he vehicles I see each day. When I cross that county line the % drops off immediately to <5%. Show me ANY data that supports your crazy notions as FACT, please.