430 Challenge springs and dampers | FerrariChat

430 Challenge springs and dampers

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by IanMac, Apr 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    #1 IanMac, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Still looking for a new home!

3. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    These parts are still available if anyone is considering upgrading their 430's suspension this winter.

4. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Just sharing. These dampers are significantly shorter than the regular factory fitred dampers in a 430 or even a Scud. I had a set fitted once before and the car was absolutely slammed on its guts. Looks dramatic and completely indriveable on regular roads. Unless you plan to flatbed the car to a nearby track then go for it.

I'm still waiting for some kind soul to prove me wrong coz I absolutely love the handling prowess gained from having the challenge shocks.

5. INFAMOUS

INFAMOUS Rookie

Jan 15, 2015
    DXB-ATX
    Full Name:
    Automotive Puppeteer
    Are these still available? As for the reply above... Was the experience of being SLAMMED even at the highest possible setting?

6. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    At the highest possible setting, it was still slammed to its guts. Impossible to drive up any driveway. But if you have luck making it work, let me know.

7. INFAMOUS

INFAMOUS Rookie

Jan 15, 2015
    DXB-ATX
    Full Name:
    Automotive Puppeteer
    Thanks for the reply. Do you by chance have any pictures of this.. I am used to very low cars and here in Dubai the roads are pretty nice other than some speed bumps. Aside from how low the car was these bolted right in without any issues?

8. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Only have shots of the front. The bumper was 5 fingers off from the ground. The tech tried to drive the car up a regular ramp. He ended up having to respray the bottom of my front bumper. I strongly do not recommend this upgrade unless you figure out a way to jack it above the max height. I love the stiffness though. Much better than even the Scud on hard springs at max setting.

[​IMG]

9. INFAMOUS

INFAMOUS Rookie

Jan 15, 2015
    DXB-ATX
    Full Name:
    Automotive Puppeteer
    Oh, I can deal with that with no problem! I sent a PM to the OP, hopefully they are still available. I'll make it work. Even if I have to consider a slightly larger profile tire (5%), it will help give that little bit more clearance.

Does the Scuderia bumper sit lower than a regular F430 bumper? Because I may have more luck on that fact alone. That lip looks like its asking to rub against things!

10. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Any updates?

11. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    These look nice. If the setup makes a regular F430 the same ride height as the F430 challenge car then that is super low for street driving on public roads I would think. The challenge cars sit pretty darn low. That said any idea on these versus aftermarket lowerin springs (I think H&R makes a set, others may also)?

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

That doesn't look that low.

13. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Lowest point of the front bumper is 3 finger spacing off the ground