Challenge Stradale TCU 196986 | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale TCU 196986

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by THL, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THL

THL Karting

Jun 11, 2009
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harvej Larsen
    #1 THL, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I got lucky and purchased 2 of these very sought after factory original items. I needed only one, and I bought the other for a friend, but he decided to sell his 360 modena and instead he bought a F430, lucky him :)

So now I am selling this unit, it fits all 360 with F1, here is how to install it properly:

You have to make sure they do it in sequence as follows:
    1. Plug in an SD2, and on the parameter page, read the "new closed clutch position" and note it down.
    2. switch off the battery (obvious, i know, but you'll be suprised the amount of times i've seen e.c.u's destroyed if this isn't done!)
    3. Swap it out for the new t.c.u
    4. switch on the battery, switch on the ignition and leave for thirty seconds.
    5. plug in the SD2. On the diagnosis page, write the original closed clutch position figure into it.
    6. Set P.I.S. to around 4.7 to begin with.( this can be played with later to suit)
    7. Now on the diagnosis section of SD2, a FULL cycle test has to be carried out.
    8. Next, under diagnosis section, carry out a self-learn. At this stage, you will probably still see a blank screen.
    9. Switch off the Sd2 and then the ignition. Leave it for thirty seconds, then switch the ignition back on and manually run up and down the gears.
    By this time you should see your display working and gears should all be selecting as they should. If it's all o.k they just need to fiddle about getting the P.I.S setting right until the change is quick.

It will improve Your upshifts dramatically, and downshifts will be spectacular.

Price at Eurospares retail is 1242+VAT

I am selling this for GBP 1000,- / US $1700 incl. shipping anywhere in Europe secured tracking.

Will ship anywhere in the world, ask for a quote.

Cheers Thomas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. THL

THL Karting

Jun 11, 2009
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harvej Larsen
    Price reduced to GBP 800,- / US$ 1350,-

3. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Thomas,
    Is the a new unit or has it been previously installed in a car? I am interested.
    Thanks,
    Ken

4. THL

THL Karting

Jun 11, 2009
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harvej Larsen
    Hi Ken

It looks like brand new, but it has been installed before. Still have the original packing.

Regards Thomas

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This maybe a stupid question. Is there a difference in a US spec ECU vs Euro ECU?
    It's an upgrade I've been wanting to do.

6. THL

THL Karting

Jun 11, 2009
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harvej Larsen
    Not at all, same part number in all regions and countrys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. THL

THL Karting

Jun 11, 2009
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harvej Larsen
    Sale pending

8. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Great price. I bought mine from Eurospares. very happy with it.