Compomotive TS-17's | FerrariChat

Compomotive TS-17's

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by nullspace, Jun 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nullspace

nullspace Karting

Apr 1, 2014
    My 308 currently has a set of Compomotive TS-17 wheels, and I'm debating whether I want to keep them. I already have a set of 16's that I'm going to put on today, and depending on the value of the 17's I might sell them or keep them.

I'm not trying to get people bidding; I'd just like an idea of how much the wheels are worth. I haven't found any sales in a long time, so there isn't a lot of data to use as a baseline.

Does anyone have any guesses?

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I sold some VERY nice BBS 16"s and got $1000USD for the set.

You have of coourse a very limited market, another 308 owner, that wants THAT wheel.

GLWS!

3. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ALOT... I wish I was in a position to buy them. I would guess a min of $3,000 if they have good tires on them. People sell Speedlines for 2,500 all day for these cars and the Compomotive's I would say are more desirable That's just imo.

4. nullspace

nullspace Karting

Apr 1, 2014
    Ha - that's a big spread from the first two responses. :)

5. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well I have set of TS in 16's that I'm almost done totally refinishing. I wouldn't take any less than 2,000 for them. Most people want the 17's though so they would probably fetch more. That being said you'll have about 15 PM's by tomorrow and have them sold haha.

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    #6 davem, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I totally agree. As much as I would LOVE to have a set, if they are in really nice shape I think they are in the 4-5k range. For me it's the best after market wheel in any size.

8. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Also try marketing them on the volvo forums. They have the same bolt pattern. My friend has a set of bbs e50s off an old ferrari race car on his volvo.

9. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi just my .02 but these are realistically only $250-$300 each. You can ask $2,000 all year long and you will never sell them for that much. They are used wheels that are not exactly desirable. I'd sell them and buy a set of factory wheels.

10. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #10 308gtsqv, Jun 4, 2014
    ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Unfortunately that's not the case Mitch :/. I'd post them with tires for $5k as that's what I saw the last set change hands for some 5-6 years ago before 308s took a bit of a price hike. The 17" are by far the most desirable wheel for the 308 even exceeding the original 16" QV wheel.

12. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I agree with that price of $250-$300 each.

13. nullspace

nullspace Karting

Apr 1, 2014
    There seems to be a lot of disagreement and I've already gotten several offers via PM. I really want to be fair to everyone, and maybe the way to do that is just to list them on eBay. I can't afford to leave a lot of money on the table, but I don't want to argue price and create ill will. Either way, I'll post some pictures to this thread as soon as I can and let everyone decide for themselves what they are worth.

Thanks!

14. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ebay will show the real market value on these. I can tell you that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

15. camomot

camomot Rookie

Jun 24, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Clint Camomot
    I let a similar set go for $300/wheel 3 years ago. I'm interested to see what you get.

16. johnrlyon

johnrlyon Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Putting them on eBay seems fair to me. Can you post a link here when you do?
    Thanks!

17. nullspace

nullspace Karting

Apr 1, 2014
    I definitely will.

Thanks again for the input, everyone.

18. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    If you are referring to the Speedline Mistrals, I would rate those higher. Not sure about Compomotive pricing but a good set of Mistrals goes for $2500.

19. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yea I was referring to a set of mistrals. Reason I've posted so much in this thread is that I search and buy wheels all the time. I seem to collect them, so I follow the market pretty closely.

You can find a set of compomotives ts for under 3000 but chances are they won't be 5x108 in a 17 with correct offset for a 308. Obviously being a 3 piece you can change that around, but even that will run you a good amount. You'll have to source correct lips and new barrels to make them work.

20. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Well, I wish the involved parties the best. But I have not seen the super high prices mentioned in this thread. I wonder if some are thinking of HREs or other higher end wheels.

Here is a link I found (from 2012) for a set of excellent 5x108 TS-17s (and even wider rims) with brand new rubber for $2300/offer. Rims in more typical shape with no tires or used tires will sell for less.

FS: Compomotive TS 17x8.5/10

Just trying to add a bit of realism to the mix. And again, best to all involved.

21. nullspace

nullspace Karting

Apr 1, 2014
    More data is always good - no worries there.

My understanding is that the wheels were readily available in 2012, hence the lower prices. They are nearly impossible to find now, and the price has gone up accordingly.

Of course that's why I've decided to use eBay if and when I sell them. I'll let the market decide.

22. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree and again when they're listed on ebay it will really show what a set will run.

What I can tell you about the set you posted is the rears were a -32 offset which is absurd haha. Also the tires are useless due to the fact they're too skinny and the owner wanted the "stanced" look. Also they were missing the center cap which are impossible to find.

Finding a set that will bolt right up to a 308 is a lot harder to find than people think. Also finding a set of wheels for 308 in general is pretty hard. Unless you want a set of 16 reps, wheels don't just pop up all the time. There a lot of guys with old TRX tires that want 16's or 17's and their selection is very limited.

23. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #23 Sledge4.2, Jun 5, 2014
  24. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
  25. masonb

masonb Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    How do you think about the pricing of these 17" compared to the 17" stock 348 wheels that were posted in the ads section a couple of weeks ago?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-parts-collectibles/448765-ferrari-348-17-rims.html

Of the 348 wheels, it looks like one needs refinishing...but those are only $500 for the set.

Are these just super-rare?

"A minimum of $3k" may be a bit optimistic

I would love to see you make some money off of these, and am interested to see where they go. We just may make ebay a spectator sport on this one. :)