OEM Scuderia Wheels | FerrariChat

OEM Scuderia Wheels

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by hammaglamma, Nov 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hammaglamma

hammaglamma Karting

May 16, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #1 hammaglamma, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are those Pirelli PZeroes? What is the manufacture date and tread life on them?

Also, can you post pics showing the paint flakes?

3. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Hi
    Interested in wheels
    How much to send them to Sydney Australia

4. hammaglamma

hammaglamma Karting

May 16, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Apologies for the delay, I shall get Australia pricing today and post pictures of paint blemishes.

5. hammaglamma

hammaglamma Karting

May 16, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #5 hammaglamma, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Would love these for display purposes but could only go $2000. Let me know if you are interested. Can pickup up in LA

7. hammaglamma

hammaglamma Karting

May 16, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Do you think I'm going to jump at such a magnanimous opportunity? Seriously, why bother?

Thanks for your interest, in future I know not to take you seriously.

8. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    C'mon give him the deal. He pinky swears never to mount them!

9. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    How about I pay $500 more than his offer? Do we have a deal????? LOL

10. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    If you want to sound like ******, you did well. Magnanimous? You should have added one more haha for that fool. Look, I had no intention of using these wheels for anything other than display use as furniture. I made an offer, I get that it was low but a simple no thanks would suffice. At least others will know who they are dealing with now. Enjoy your miserable existence.

11. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    What do you think it would cost to refinish the blemished wheels?

12. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Complete redo, about $200/250 each. I know you will hear lower, but I think
    for a good job, $200/250 is what it would take.

13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You low-balled him by 50% on the asking price, denigrated the item as worthy of "display only", and still genuinely expect a serious reply? :eek:

Let's move on... :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

14. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I know Andrew has already weighed in... but I'm not as magnanimous, or as forgiving, as he is...

AZSpider banned for seven days for a name-calling and disruption.

Mike

15. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Totally fine with me, Mike. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

16. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #16 Stentboy, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    What am I missing? How is buying something for display purposes denigrating the item or the seller? I too have purchased things that had utility merely to display them. I don't know either of these parties and have no interest in the wheels, nor do I have any idea of their value, but it would seem to me that the seller could've merely ignored the offer or countered it. With that said, nobody would condone some of the offerer's language.

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ron- Apparently you did not read the follow-on where he called the seller and fool and made various other unneeded comments. I would have had the same reaction to that offer since those wheels normally bring $4-5K without tires, center caps, and TPMS.

18. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Agreed, it was simply an offer with bravado to bring the price down - just casual banter as part of the bargaining process, not a viscous personal attack (OK, "Dick" is not nice but it is not profanity).

In negotiations regarding cars, wide offers in pricing are normal. The next step would be for the OP to counter with nary a lowering, say a 10% reduction poised with a witty comment.

The poster is not even a sponsor, so why was he given EXTRA leeway for protection by the Mods by banning a low ball offer?

19. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

He wasn't banned for a low-ball offer, he was banned for the personal attacks that followed:

I was in a rather Christmassy mood trying to kindly point out that the personal attacks weren't even understandable since the reason he did it was a non-serious reply to a non-serious offer. Really, I should have just quoted the offending text, said "personal attack", and applied the ban that Mike did as this would have caused less confusion.

Sponsors don't receive price protection from low offers either. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I wasn't speaking so much of him being banned for the inappropriate language; I was mostly curious how he was denigrating the product by saying he would use them as a display. Andrew seemed to be personally put off by that comment. I have no interest in this squabble other than my general interest in fair play, and it just appeared to me that there might be some favoritism and disproportionality in the moderators' response to the apparently low-ball offer, the snarky reply to the offer and crude response to the snarky reply. Incidentally, was the $2000 offer on used and damaged wheels really that offensive of offer?

21. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hey Terry, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that. I think just because somebody makes you an offer that you conclude to be woefully inadequate doesn't justify being snarky or unpleasant. I also don't understand what's offensive about saying you're going to display an item that you're purchasing. Again, maybe I'm missing something because I don't know the cast of characters at all.

But please don't misunderstand me, the crude and vulgar response by the guy that made the offer shouldn't be condoned either.

Incidentally, Albuquerque is my hometown and one of my favorite places to visit. I only wish the Lobo basketball team was having a better year.

22. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James
    Jesus........ Banned for a low offer & replying to a sarcy comment........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hey Terry, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that. I think just because somebody makes you an offer that you conclude to be woefully inadequate doesn't justify being snarky or unpleasant. I also don't understand what's offensive about saying you're going to display an item that you're purchasing. Again, maybe I'm missing something because I don't know the cast of characters at all.

But please don't misunderstand me, the crude and vulgar response by the guy that made the offer shouldn't be condoned either.

Incidentally, Albuquerque is my hometown and one of my favorite places to visit. I only wish the Lobo basketball team was having a better year.

24. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Well at least this drama is bumping the OP's thread........

25. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Oh, for pity's sake. See Post #19 - no further explanation should be required. If you're still confused, read it again.

All the best,
    Andrew.