WTB - OEM Front Windshield Trim / Frame for F355 | FerrariChat

WTB - OEM Front Windshield Trim / Frame for F355

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Robb, Dec 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I am looking for the OEM black window trim that fits around the front windshield on the F355 Mine has had the black polished off.

Part Number 62198800 - Complete Frame

Let me know if you have one you'd like to sell.

Yes I realize that Ricambi and eurospares have them - but I'm looking for a cheaper solution on this one - since mine is in great shape. It's just shiny.

Robb

2. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Would you be willing to sell yours when you find one? I need the rubber gasket but not the bar trim.

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You're better off repainting this to be honest. It is an anodized finish that wears off easily. Anyone who has tried to remove it from a car has damaged the finish somehow. I was in the same predicament and painted them while they were on the car.

Ken

4. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Ken,

Painting might be the best option. Thanks for the suggestion! We'll see what I find out there.

Robb

5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Johnny,

Let me see what I find. Happy to contact you if I end up replacing the entire part.

Robb

6. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Hey Rob, Try a nice fat sharpie wait a bit and rub it or just leave it....depends on how dark you want it. Might work. Paint usually comes out looking too heavy on small parts like that trim.

7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    My only worry is that the entire metal trim for the windshield is like that. I wish it was only a spot here or there.

Robb