360 Rear Diffuser Fins, Carbon Fiber, Brand New | FerrariChat

360 Rear Diffuser Fins, Carbon Fiber, Brand New

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by DustinL, Jan 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    #1 DustinL, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Wow. You could have just asked me to remove the one that was from you all. I just re-used the pictures from the guy I bought them from. I meant no harm to anyone...

3. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Stealing from your website? Wow great customer relations. One place I'll NEVER buy from. Notice I used the caps like you did to make sure the point got across.

4. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    If you were truly misled by the individual or company that sold you the parts then we would like to extend our sincere apologies for our aggressive post.

As a company we strive to offer unparalleled products and customer service in our industry. We are involved from concept to final part and take pride in the marketing materials we offer on our website. This includes studio product photos, installed photos, and detailed instruction manuals available for download. All of this is geared to the customer so that they have a good amount of visual and literal references on which to base their purchase decision. This is backed up with phone and e-mail tech support fielded by people with first hand product knowledge all in the hopes of a painless purchase and ownership experience.

Regrettably, as of late, we have seen a marked increase in the use of these materials by competitors who are merely re-boxing generic product and pawning it off as their own design. In the end they are using the customer as their guinea pig because they are selling to them product that they have never tested nor are they even involved in the design or manufacture of.

Getting our images is more than a simple 'Save-As' command. They are embedded in our website requiring several deliberate steps to post them elsewhere. The further step of removing our name from the image shows that a direct effort to deceive has taken place. We started in this business as and continue to be enthusiasts. As both a business owner and a group of gearheads it is frustrating to have your work taken and don't like to mislead people as we do not like being misled ourselves.

In this instance it appears as though the OP was misled by another and we again apologize for blaming him for the dishonest actions of someone else.

5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Maybe these are the genuine product as per the photos and are just being passed on?

6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Our fins have a very different shape, use a different weave of carbon, and have a visually different fixing method. Of course if the OP was trying to sell on a new or used set of our product we would have no problems with it and would encourage it.

This thread serves to illustrate the frustration we need to deal with on a constant basis. Both the OP and RedTaxi were sufficiently unsure of the differences in the product that they questioned the existence of a difference. We live this stuff day to day so we see the difference instantly (much like an F-chat guy would spot a Fiero based kit car instantly whereas most people would be fooled that it is a Ferrari). The issue is that most people are fooled when they are shown a photo of a higher end product and are then shipped something else. As a business owner who is being ripped off this bothers us but also as a consumer it bothers us because we would not want to be the victim of such fraud.

Good carbon is expensive and there is a lot of low grade stuff out there passing off as the real thing. We made the following post a while back to try and educate buyers into making the correct choices (including endorsing some of our competitors for their good work):

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/442265-what-look-when-buying-carbon-fiber-consumer-information-post.html

7. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  8. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    So you're saying you think the fins I'm selling are of lower grade than your own? I beg to differ. These are very good quality and look and feel great.

Without writing a book in response to your back-peddling on attacking me and my innocent mistake (since I cannot track every picture on the Internet and its original source), I will merely say I'm glad I have ordered everything carbon fiber from Exotic Car Gear. David and Glenn have been top notch on both quality and customer service.

Now - is anyone actually interested in purchasing these rear diffuser fins??

9. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Again we apologize for our innocent mistake in not appreciating your innocent mistake. Our posts were intended to better explain our position in the hopes of achieving clarity and transparency in our actions. If either the OP or any other reader here requires any more information they are free to email, PM, or telephone us where we would be more than happy to entertain their questions. Thank you.

10. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I sure wouldn't have jumped on claiming he stole them. You're probably not dealing with a bunch of petty thieves on this board. Most here won't take too kindly to treated that way. I can understand your frustration but a pm would have been a good idea. I would hate for a transaction to go bad with you no telling what may come out.

11. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Always nice to start a conversation with ...... A 12 gauge shotgun ;)

12. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    I always find it better to wait 24 hours before posting when I am annoyed about something. At my age wisdom exceeds spontaneity.
    Secondly, never post after drinking alcohol, nor work with any kind of electrical equipment for that matter!

13. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Bump. Open to any reasonable offers. Thanks

14. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    PM sent. Want to confirm manufacturer and weave. Thanks!

15. Jesus l Lopez

Jesus l Lopez Rookie

May 29, 2013
    New jersey
    Full Name:
    Jesus l lopez
    I would like to offer you $400.00 if you can do it let me know , thanks

16. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Sent PM

17. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Dustin's original pic shows a CF diffuser with the fins installed.

Does anyone know who made the diffuser? It does not seem to be a Carbino product. At least not one that I can find on their website.

18. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I can go down to $550 shipped. Lowest I can do. If anyone's interested, let me know. Thanks

19. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The CF diffuser looks like the way to go

20. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Another week gone and I still have these. Any takers at $500 shipped?

21. DustinL

DustinL Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Dustin