Ferrari F1 steering wheel in display cabinet. | FerrariChat

Ferrari F1 steering wheel in display cabinet.

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Eric C, Jul 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 Eric C, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Up for sale is a very rare full size Ferrari F1 Momo Steering Wheel Display. This is an official Momo replica of the steering wheel used on the F1 cars circa 1990 by Alain Prost and Nigel Mansell.

It’s in good condition and has been on display in a glass cabinet. I believe the set is approx 20 years old, circa 1994. This was part of a very limited set that Momo produced for dealers and I believe it was created to celebrate Momo's 30th anniversary of supplying steering wheels for the road and race cars. The first Ferrari to use a Momo wheel was John Surtees 1964 Ferrari 158 F1 car!

The steering wheel is in excellent condition. These are becoming really difficult to find in this condition. Make no mistake these are super rare and highly sought after collectibles. Buy it and you will not be disappointed.

$475 Shipped.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Norge

Norge Rookie

Jul 1, 2015
    Pewaukee WI
    Full Name:
    John Havnen
    I want one of the new F1 steering wheels. Still a nice piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mvaldezf60

mvaldezf60 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice piece of F1 history, good luck with sale!

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    PM sent...let me know!

5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sale Pending.

6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ironically I was moving last weekend and my entire MOMO files of product catalogs got wet, in a passing rain storm
    :( :(.

I guess they were all outdated, 1998 -1999, but many of them featured Gianpierro Moretti and his team with the Daytona winning Ferrari 333SP.

I saw it run on several Texas race tracks...RIP Mr. Moretti.

Thanks, Eric!

8. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Gianpierro used to cook some pretty good Spaghetti back when he raced a Porsche 935...

He was also sponsored by Penthouse Magazine.......they were always next to us in the paddock/work areas and it was difficult to keep my mind on our 935's with all the Penthouse girls asking me questions.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If you Google him as I just did, the picture of that Porsche (with long legged Penthouse representative!) is among the images...

He always set the tone...I have a picture of him in RayBans and a cigar..he was just a cool cat.

I thought we had a thread on him in our "Who's who Section" but it seems we do not...
    It was dumb of me to get this, I made a Key Board the other day, for all my sets, and there's not a blank spot in my apartment to hang it!

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I had a franchise contract for MoKart for Houston also.....a friend of mine assured me indoor karting would never catch on..
    :D :D :D

It would have been a litigation nightmare of course, he was right about that!

11. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Actually, these were initially offered around 1987 and 1988. They are replicas of the steering wheels used by Alboreto and Berger on the F1-87/88C. If you happen to have copies of Road & Track magazines from this period, you will see full page advertisements offered these displays through the magazine almost every month for $295.