Cavallino die-cut sticker | FerrariChat

Cavallino die-cut sticker

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by don_xvi, Jul 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Looking for a source for monochromatic die-cut cavallino suitable to put on a fender.
    What I'm after is the classic fender shield flattened to one color with body color visible behind a white outline. Does anyone know of a source I can call up for one, or tips on getting one made?
    Feel free to PM.

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I would think that any local shop that does commercial vinyl wraps could do something like this.

But are you talking about a thin outline of the shield or the white outline around the horse? Having a thin vinyl strip around the shield is likely to be tough to apply. Kind of like a pin stripe.

3. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    You would need to find a shop to do a vinyl cutout on a digital cutter driven by a CAD file specifying your design. Basically what painters use for masking on hoods for painting wide stripes. They are removed after spraying. In your case you would just apply and leave them on.

4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Email any of the dozens of dudes on EBay that make hundreds of different diecut decals, many of which have very complex stripes, and all of which apply with a backing that keeps the decal aligned until it mates with the car body or window. Almost all of them ask for requests...should be easy!

5. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    #5 Hannibal308, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Thanks for the tips I found someone with the line art (the part I was struggling with) and, of course they had the equipment!