Ferrari 365 GT4/400 GT/308 GTB Momo steering wheel | FerrariChat

Ferrari 365 GT4/400 GT/308 GTB Momo steering wheel

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Rory J, May 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    #1 Rory J, May 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,

This is a Momo steering wheel that I believe is original to three Ferrari models: 365 GT4, 400 GT/i, and early 308 GTB/GTS. The size is 365mm. I bought the wheel out of a local Ferrari parts stash years ago and it's been sitting in my garage since then.

Condition is poor and the wheel will need to be fully restored. Please see the attached photos.

I am asking $500 shipped in the U.S.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Bump. Someone must need this. Offers?

3. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    #3 Rory J, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    I will happily consider any offer. Also please review the forum rules before posting. Thanks!

Effective 12 June 2015: Posting Comments in Classifieds
    Anyone posting in a classified thread, other than the thread creator, must be: 1) asking a legitimate and relevant question; 2) providing accurate, first-hand information on that specific car, item, or seller; or 3) leaving a quick compliment/GLWS comment. All other commentary (negative comments regarding the condition or asking price, comparing asking price to current market/recent sales/other cars or items for sale, etc.) will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators.

4. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Please note,Rory,I have a 365GT4 2+2,it came with a non standard,timber,Momo steering wheel.
    I could well be a buyer of an original Momo,leather steering wheel.

Thanks.

5. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Hi Simon,
    Not certain what you're getting at, but the rules are the rules. I didn't make them.

This one's still for sale... simply make an offer if you feel the price is too high. I've already received one offer that was very close to what I'd take.

If I've upset you and you've lost interest because of that, that's fine too!

Thanks!
    Rory

6. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Now $300/obo

7. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    $250 shipped in U.S., final reduction.

8. 75308GT4

75308GT4 Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Full Name:
    A. J. Katz
    Is this wheel still available?

9. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Rory WAS going to get back to me with dimensions and whether it was a genuine Ferrari wheel.

It could/can be a generic Momo of the period.

I've not heard back.

BTW,it was also on ebay.

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Most of the generic Momo wheels did not have the leather piece on the bottom spoke.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'd say it IS the correct early 308GTB wheel, but the date stamps have been ground off (???) and it's going to need both metal AND leather resto...so.....

That's a lot of $$ these days.

Repros are out there, but not "quite right"....there is no NOS in the Ferrari dealer channels.
    Who knows how many hang on the walls of the shops out there.

The owner of my #20405 framed his, so I know of at LEAST one!!

12. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    #12 Rory J, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Been a bit inactive here due busy times at office, landscaping project at home, buying more cars -- the usual.

Simon, the wheel is approximately 360mm in diameter from top to bottom to my measurements. Keep in mind the condition of the leather does create high/low spots. I'm getting measurements between 26-27 mm in steering wheel rim width (thickness) with a digital caliper. I suspect shipping weight, well packaged, would be about 4 lbs max in approximately a 20"x20"x4" box.

BigTex, thanks for the vote of confidence in the wheel's authenticity. It is identical to an authentic wheel that just sold here with an ask of 595 Euro. Admittedly, that wheel was in much better condition with hub and horn button, but like this one it is pre-date stamp and simply says Made in Italy on the back. This is correct for a very early 308 GTB or a 365 GT4, I believe date stamps began at Momo in late '76 or early '77. Here is the link to the other wheel: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-parts-collectibles/526169-ferrari-308-steering-wheel-horn-hub.html

What's a fair price? As I've said, anyone is free to PM me an offer. My last ask was $250 which I think is getting fairly reasonable.

Meanwhile, it continues to provide excellent garage decoration so I'm quite happy to keep it! Heck, maybe I'll even have it restored 20 years from now when they're REALLY rare.

13. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Sold, thanks everyone!