Ferrari GPS Data And Video Camera Kit, New | FerrariChat

Ferrari GPS Data And Video Camera Kit, New

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by drfink, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    #1 drfink, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is new just received it a few days ago. I bought this literally on a whim/ accident. I guess I could have backed out of the purchase but felt it wasn't the right thing to do. This has not been installed, I have only opened it to inspect the contents before listing. I would also like to let everyone know I will answer questions as soon as possible, I do not have internet capabilities at home and will answer questions Monday through Friday. Sometimes I will be able to answer if I go to the library on the weekends.

$525 shipped within the cont. USA

Below is from the original PDF
    Ferrari Genuine Accessories
    Telemetry and Video Recording Kit

The exclusive Ferrari telemetry and video recording kit allows you to acquire data pertaining to trip times, routes and high definition images. This system, which does not require preloaded maps and is capable of acquiring data on any route or rack track, does not interfere with the on-board electronic systems. Easy and fast to install, the system can be mounted in a few minutes without the aid of skilled staff. Kit consists of a device for GPS data, Video and Audio signal acquisition and allows the user to store : vehicle speed, lap times, engine RPM, data relating to trajectories, altitude, longitudinal and transverse accelerations, a video recorded by two high-definition cameras and the relative sound. All this is stored on an internal memory, which allows the data to be easily transferred to a USB key.
    Kit includes:
    Data acquisition device
    GPS antenna
    Drivers microphone
    2x high-definition cameras
    2x Glass mounting devices for cameras
    USB key
    PC software
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Can take better photos if needed, the photo I used is from the shop I bought it from.
    Open to offers.

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You've got me thinking about it Dean. I've been making too many impulsive purchases too..lol

Do the cameras happen to be 720P or 1080?

4. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    I cant say which they are, I will try to have an answer for you today.

5. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    #5 drfink, May 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Still no answer for you, looking through the manual later on when I get home.

7. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    I can find anything that states what the resolution is on the camera, sorry.

8. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    So, I checked the CD and the thumb drive for functionality last night, the CD has the same info/ software the thumb drive has, I assume so you can run either one.The software actually doesn't load to the computer though, the thumb drive starts the program as soon as you plug in the thumb drive once you load the codec. So the CD isnt original, but the unit itself is new

9. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Anyone interested?

10. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Can this be used stand alone on a car not equipped with telemetry ?

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It looks like the unit which plugs into the 430 Challenge cars. Being Ferrari, they were around 8K new. It plugs into the 430C, but can be used, especially for front/rear cameras quite easily. You can copy over the raw data it records and convert it or rename the extensions for something like VLC to playback. It's been a few years. Our team used one in a LeMons race some time ago.

12. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    From what I can see it basically needs power. It comes with a GPS antenna and it looks like you may be able to hook into your cars tach signal. I was originally thinking about using it in my Mondial for my maiden drive to document the engine if it let loose after I completed a major tune, figured it might be entertaining!

13. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Any takers? I can go $475 shipped, bottom dollar.

$475 Shipped within the continental USA.

14. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Dropping the price one last time. If it doesn't go for this then it gets installed in the car.

$400 shipped within the US, payment via PayPal gift. Loosing money but really don't need it.

15. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Any takers?

16. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    A little more tech info.......

Fairly easy to install in either a street 360 0r 430.

While the black box is permanently mounted, everything else is easy to remove till your next track day.

Has a direct plug in for RPM. It's designed to sit on the self behind the passenger seat, retained by the cargo net frame.

Records 1 hour of data on a internal 2GB memory & has a 2 GB flash drive to transfer data.

The GPS antenna has a magnetic mount (I made a suction cup mount on a steel plate, I can make another if your interested).

The boom microphone is designed to mount inside the helmet. Using it for a area mike is poor, lots of electrical interference.

Once downloaded you see a overlay of a GPS map of the track, split screen of both camera views, & yellow tach showing actual rpms.

17. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    Still available, no further price drops though.

18. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink
    SOLD to Fchat member,
    Thanks fchat