Wanted TRACK Car | FerrariChat

Wanted TRACK Car

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by TwiceBaked, Nov 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    L@@king for a TRACK car.. A Ferrari I can just play with at the track and not worry if the miles get high, the paint gets scratched.. What have you got?

2. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
  3. TexasKid

TexasKid Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 13, 2011
    Vin in listing has been corrected...thanks for noticing. Got one past me! haha

4. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    See my ad posted right here. 1997 factory 355 Challenge with twin-turbo conversion by Classic Coach. Why buy a regular 355 or 360 CH (i've owned both) when this car has 50% more power, along with the benign handling of a 355, for roughly the same price as a stock 355CH. I reduced the price to $65K after my docs told me no more racing due to back injury.

The car is in great shape mechanically and cosmetically, and is familiar to all FCA-NY members who do track events. I built it in 2006 at a cost of over $100K, used it for 2 summers of track days, and it has been stored at Classic Coach since 2009.

Huge file of receipts, car always fully maintained, 15k miles, not used since 2008.

You can search this site or do a google search for Ferrari 355 twin-turbo. PM me with any questions or if you want pics.

5. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    I'll be listing my red/tan 348tb Challenge very soon. PM for details.

6. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Guys. I want to go to Cavallino and have some time on track.

My cars that are not ready. My BB race project. My 365GT4 2+2.
    Not so impressive... My Mondial.
    Not even suitable for the track... my 550SS.
    Then there's my 456MGT and my 599. Neither of which I really want to track.

So I am stuck.

Some '95 355s were titled nd capable of streeting. I do like driving to and from track days. As it is what I have mostly done in the past.

I am attracted to have all the safety stuff too.

What to do, what to do?

7. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Spec Miata

8. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Ferraris only at Cavallino

9. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I've got a secret plan. But as with secret plans, I don't know if it will work.

Wasn't the spec Miata mentioned for the OP already?

Nope. A different thread.

10. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    All the '95 355 Challenge cars that were "dealer converted" to Challenge spec became no longer street legal.

You would need to spend some major $$ to convert them back to street legal form. Then you would no longer have a race/track car. Not to mention that driving a Challenge car of any type on public roads is extremely uncomfortable, as the suspension is set very stiff for glass-smooth track tarmac, there is no a/c, no carpet, a huge side impact bar to climb over, the windows are plastic, and the exhaust is straight-thru and unbelievably loud as all the sound deadening stuff has been removed. And it gets really hot inside. Especially in Florida.

There are no more "arrive and drive" Ferraris like the 250 LWB/SWB/GTO or even 275 4 cam. Those days are over. Now it's either drive your street car on the track (fun if you are a beginner, not so much fun if you have already driven dedicated race cars), or buy a dedicated race car.

I've driven Moroso in a Dino, a 360 spider, 360 Challenge and 355. It's a pretty boring track so you could drive a street car on it and have some fun. For real fun you need a real race car and a track like Watkins Glen or Road Atlanta, or even Lime Rock on a good day.

11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Not entirely true. 95s came with a VIN, and depending on the state you live in, they can be registered and tagged. (Typically under some sort of historic classification.)

I do agree with you however, they wouldn't be too comfortable or well suited for street driving. :)

12. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    2008 Scuderia
    Rosso Corsa/Black
    Mint condition
    Never been tracked
    All service and campaigns up to date with all work done at local Ferrari dealer- all service records available

If interested email me at:
    [email protected]

Serious inquiries only please

13. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
  14. conbrio

conbrio Rookie

May 8, 2009
    Full Name:
    Edmund Nagem, Jr., M.D.
    308GTB with 288 body by Carpenter that I raced with HSR,SVRA, et. al. Multiple mods for racing-not streetable. Class wins at Road America 2009 and 20011. I have retired from racing. If you are interested, contact me: [email protected] or 8649446861

15. PJW

PJW Rookie

Oct 14, 2013
    Agreed, most if not all of those challenge cars that were converted have vin #s. Depending on which state you register your car it can be very easy; I know some people who do this just to have official paper work like the title for their car.

16. Ferracer_CA

Ferracer_CA Rookie

Apr 9, 2011
    Hey twice baked. If you're still looking for track car, I have 355 that was raced in Europe 'BPR' series. It's here in Los Angeles. I can show it to you or email photos. It's in excellent condition. I restored it couple years back and use it just like you describe. No bumping/banging though. Has composite body panels and doors, so you could replace if bumping/banging is your thing. --Nick u can email me at ferracer at aol dot com

17. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Porsche. Thank me later. ;)

18. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Just buy my 355CH Twin-turbo. 6-speed. It's in great shape, faster than you will ever go, and easy and fun to drive. Also always well maintained by dealer. Cost no more to maintain than a non-turbo.

Since it's been in storage since 2009 it will need timing belt, but I had Classic Coach change all the fluids and battery, put in some fresh gas and it started right up a few weeks ago.

Because it will need a major service, and because I can't race any more and my son doesn't want it (??? who turns down a free Ferrari???- but he's building his e36 M3 into a track car), I am lowering the price one last time before I ship it off to auction.

$50,000. An extremely good buy at this price.

See my ad. PM me with any questions. Go see the car at Classic Coach.