348 tb Challenge #14 | FerrariChat

348 tb Challenge #14

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by time, Jan 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    #1 time, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am regrettably listing my 1994 Challenge car. It is #14 of 32 built and one of the few that was never raced. Although my intention was to prepare this car for a mix of both road and track. The car currently has not had any of the Challenge package installed, but came with the pedals, roll cage mounts, different steering wheel and a few other Challenge items from the factory. The car is eligible to run in the Challenge Club Racing Championship/CCR Forza Tifosi Challenge. If interested in running CCR please call me immediately. My other Challenge/SS, race trailer, tools and I would love to team up.

This Rosso Corsa on tan has 64,400 miles with a major service completed on June 25, 2013 at 62,500 miles. The car drove great from Los Angeles to Kansas City immediately following the service. She is a driver. Not Concours ready. The seats are not in the greatest condition, but aside from the sticky items, the rest of the interior is nice. It was not a concern of mine as I planned on installing SS or Challenge seats. The paint also looks nice, but it's not perfect. I know there is at least a rock chip on the front bumper.

I haven't had the car out in awhile so I will just post some older photos for now. Funny how our first Ferrari had it's picture taken every five minutes for months and I can barely scrounge up four of child number 2. I'll bathe her and take some new photos later this week. I just needed to go ahead and post the ad or it was likely never going to happen. The only reason I am selling is to cover a 430 Challenge project I am purchasing. So take this opportunity to add one of the few collectible 348's to your stable.

The price is $39k. If for some reason she doesn't find a new home very soon the price will go up as I change seats and improve the car's condition.

I can offer enclosed delivery to the east coast this month for a small fee. Feel free to call with any questions.

Thank you,
    DeeGee
    480-334-8251
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Beautiful car!

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Very nice price point. Tempting.

Great scenic picture, with the gas cap open. =D

4. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    I am blaming the gas cap on my buddy Bruce aka Plugzit. Don't overlook the wheels being mounted backwards either. That one is on Discount Tire :)

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice indeed...hope you get a decent buck for it.

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Can you explain what you mean by its #14 of 32 ? Is it badged on the car as 12 of 32?

or a 348ss of the 100 ?

If it hasn't raced how can it be eligible for the challenge club events?

7. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    Very nice.
    What is the difference from a regular 348 and a Challenge 348? Does it have a.c., radio, etc.?

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Because in 1994, they made the last 32 of the 100, and this is number 14 of 32 for 1994. I also know exactly where number 6 is. Inside my garage,

9. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    #9 time, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the compliments..

There were 32 Challenge cars in 1994. 100 Series Speciale in 1993. 15 SS cars in 1994. The Challenge kit was installed by the dealer in all Challenge cars and also in some SS cars. I also own a 1993 Series Speciale no.56/100. It had the Challenge kit installed by the dealer and was raced.

The car I have listed for sale is #14/32. The kit was never installed and the car was driven around the streets of Southern California until I purchased it last summer.

To run the CCR Forza Tifosi Challenge.. Cars must be Challenge cars. Most of the Challenge kit was safety equipment that would be out of date anyway. OMP is a sponsor so that would help.

Challenge Club Racing

This car is equipped with radio/cassette and a custom speaker box behind the seat. It's heavy and the engine makes way better sounds. I'd remove it. It also has A/C components intact. However, I planned on removing them and did not recharge the system at the time of service.

10. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This car is so rad.

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Hi,

I contacted you via ebay just moments ago. Very intrested in the car. I wouldn't be near your original asking price of $39k, but I am prepared for the quick sale (this week) part of the equation.

Thanks, Scott

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oooh, I don't know the serial number of 6/32 - can you tell me?

14. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    Just a reminder. The auction ends tomorrow night..

15. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    You posted extra pictures on eBay of the LA Times, I'm guessing to represent the date of the major engine service. Do you have the actual paperwork for that service? You did not post a photo of that.

16. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    Yes. There is no paper work for the service other than a receipt for some of the parts. I had a few of the parts on my shelf. The service was completed by Bruce Bogart and myself. You can shoot him a PM if you like "plugzit."

I will also be available all day to answer questions. 480-334-8251

17. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Well bought by someone at $30,300. Anyone here?

18. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    Ya think.. Last time I put myself in a bind financially.

Apparently all my bidders fell asleep and now I am off to do the same.

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I know the new owner, that's great price for a 348 such as that one.

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    OMG I'm depressed...

21. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    ..You are depressed? How do you think I feel?

Bitterness aside.. it went to a great guy and fellow F-chatter. He picked her up today.

22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    My confidence in this Ferrari community tells me that the good you have done will be returned to you, my friend. I am confident of this. I am only depressed because of self interest. :) you will get it paid forward to you!

23. time

time Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Full Name:
    DeeGee
    Kind words. Thank you. Life is great and always seems to treat us well enough. We are really just at the beginning of our Ferrari journey and have already met many great people. You may be right :)

24. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi DeeGee,

Don't forget to tell your buyer that it is important to have the 348 wheels running in the correct direction. In your pictures, the fronts are correct, while the rears are not. The rule of thumb is "the angle follows the flat, while running forward".

If the wheels need changing, be sure to check tire rotation direction as well.

Cheers, Hank