86 Mondial 3.2 Cab - 18k km's | FerrariChat

86 Mondial 3.2 Cab - 18k km's

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Mattsctr, Feb 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mattsctr

Mattsctr Karting

Dec 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Matt Jones
    #1 Mattsctr, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    *Please note this car is in Sydney, Australia*
    1986 Ferrari Mondial 3.2 Convertible, low k's and in totally original condition. Has very comprehensive history. Always garaged, dinitrol rust protected and kept under a fitted car cover (included in the sale) so has no rust. Even has the original Blaupunkt stereo, service books and wallet from the supplying dealer, Maranello Concessionaires.

I spent two years trying to find a car like this, in Australia their really aren't many available and even fewer in red with crema leather and none had the rosso carpet which I think really sets off the interior.

Ferrari Maserati Sydney recently completed a full pre-purchase inspection report which will be made available.

The car had it's last cam belt serve in December 2011 so is ok for another 12months but I'm fastidious about my cars so this will be done prior to selling.

Interior is spotless, crema leather seats are in great condition, not the usual cracked leather and squashed bolsters and the rosso red carpets are unmarked.

Only covered 18,000k's, is almost like new condition and just had a new battery, clutch slave cylinder and plugs The previous owner drove it once a year for ten years to get it serviced then back in the garage. It was a Maranello demonstrator then sold to two previous owners so I am the 3rd public owner and 4th overall. I am only selling the car because of our growing family, I would love to be able to keep hold of it.

I have the original metric wheels and original TRX tyres but for the benefit of the new owner I am including a set of Ferrari 348 wheels with modern rubber which have done less than 2k km's as this is a far superior set up than using the old tyres but if you intended to show the car it is a simple swap back to original.

The car comes with NSW rego until May 2014 and is priced at AUS$79,995.

Finance must be in place before viewing, no dreamers or test pilots and no offers accepted, this must be the best in the country (Australia) by a long way.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Hi, I just read your ad and I believe this is a very nice car. But honnestly I think the wheels with no center caps makes the car not look like the description of it. The 348 wheels with center caps are the nicest on a Mondial IMHO.

GLWS

3. Mattsctr

Mattsctr Karting

Dec 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Matt Jones
    Thanks GWLS, I must've taken the photos the day after I got the wheels. To anyone interested I REALLY do have the centre caps :)

4. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Boy this very similar to my Mondial, but it is a coupe. Agree with the statement about the wheels.

Can not tell from the photos, but is there a piece of foam attached to the hood, which comes down and touches the radiator top?

How does the car drive and are there any rattles? This car is 28 years old, I would wonder how all the rubber suspension parts are holding up.

Boy if there is a way to keep this car I would. Nice looking and as you say the good ones are few.

Good luck.

ceb39

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Ceb39, there is a foam over the radiator. I found my Mondial to have little rattles due to the grills in the back. Those tiny metal grills for the exhaust and rear Hood louvers are making the noise. Other than that my car was very quiet.

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Great, those 348 wheels are the best on Mondials. By the way GLWS mean Good Luck With Sale.

7. Mattsctr

Mattsctr Karting

Dec 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Matt Jones
    Haha thanks :D I'm a bit spaced right now as we got back from hospital yesterday after the birth of our first child! Updated wheel pics can wait for now :)

Yes there is a bit of foam attached tot he hood just above where it covers the radiator when closed, it's degraded due to age and I saw some threads about how to create a new piece but it's probably 90% intact.

The suspension is in good shape, it has had replacement shocks and bushes a couple of years ago.

I'm constantly amazed at how well the car drives. I recently drove an E36 M3 Cabriolet and the Mondial felt much tighter with a much smoother ride albeit a fair bit slower. My car has no squeaks or rattles at all.

The change to the 348 wheels revolutionised the ride, grip levels and noise but pretty much all of that is due to being able to fit modern rubber - but they do suit the car and look cool - but better with centre caps ;)

I'd love to keep her but with the bubs here now and a 4x4 on the drive my wife wants a hatchback and we live in the centre of Sydney so not the place to park a Ferarri on the street!

8. Mattsctr

Mattsctr Karting

Dec 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Matt Jones
    Price reduction as I've found a replacement car - $65995

This a real bargain for someone!Car has just had a new clutch slave cylinder fitted and will come with 12 months rego too.....