The "One Year with a Ferrari" 355! 1998 355 Berlinetta, Manual 6-speed | FerrariChat

The "One Year with a Ferrari" 355! 1998 355 Berlinetta, Manual 6-speed

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1998 Ferrari 355 Berlinetta Houston, Texas | M. Brandon Motorcars

(many more pictures in the link above)

Price: $64,900

I didn't want to sell this car; in fact, I've been keeping it as my own for the past few months. This is, without a doubt, the best 355 that I've ever driven. Tight as a drum, impeccable steering and handling, and the engine just sings like the angels. Of course, the rare color combination of Grigio Titanio over Bordeaux makes it a stunningly beautiful car as well.

This 1998 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta is even somewhat famous in the online Ferrari world. A few years ago, a gentleman in Oregon (an FChatter) bought a 355 and spent a year with it, writing periodic blog posts about his experiences. His "One Year with a Ferrari" blog (http://www.oneyearwithaferrari.com/) was and continues to be quite popular with Ferrari and especially 355 enthusiasts, and was even turned into a book (http://www.amazon.com/One-Year-Ferrari-David-Boxberger-ebook/dp/B0077QWUBC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397160957&sr=1-1&keywords=one+year+with+a+ferrari). You are looking at the "One Year with a Ferrari" 355.

When I received the car, I had Sphere Motorsports do a complete engine-out major service on the car, which was completed in January 2014. New Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires are installed at all four corners. A few years ago, at the previous major service, valve guides were done (documented in the blog mentioned above). A large binder contains all service records since the car was almost new, including the original window sticker.

The only mechanical modification to the car is a Tubi exhaust system. The previous owner had the dashboard and steering wheel recovered in Alcantara suede, which looks fantastic (and will not "shrink" or "pull" like the original leather). And, the headliner was recovered in a beautiful diamond-stitch pattern Alcantara as well.

Yes, this car is more expensive than your average 355 with 39K miles. However, I've driven many 355s, and this car is worth the price. I welcome your inspection and test drive of this very special F355 Berlinetta. Please contact me at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I love the exterior but the suede? Ugh! GLWTS.

3. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. TheGreat348

TheGreat348 Karting

Jul 15, 2008
    Outside the car is gorgeous. Inside?...not so much. GLWS

5. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #5 M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    I appreciate all of the comments. Thanks for all of the positive feedback. :)

Yes, I am a stickler for originality, and normally I dismiss any modified Ferrari, mechanically or cosmetically. (ok, a Tubi is all right...)

However, this interior is extremely tastefully done. I have to admit, I didn't like the Alcantara at first. Now, I think it looks fantastic, and you don't have to worry about recovering your dash ever again. I do have the original steering wheel, which will be included in the sale.

This is one of those "must be seen to really appreciate" cars. I have gotten nothing but extremely positive reactions from everyone who has seen the car in person.

6. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    And, I'm not kidding when I say this is probably the best 355 that I've ever driven. It's a testament to the fact that these cars need to be driven, and the "higher" mileage cars are usually the most solid. (as if 39K miles is high mileage for a 16 year old car, but that's the reality for Ferraris as we all know)

7. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    I think it looks pretty good and a much better alternative to replacing the shrunken leather with leather that will shrink. The only thing I would change is the steering wheel to an all alcantara (3 spoke, possibly from a 360).

GLWS! :)

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Odd man out - I really dig the Alcantera on this one.

Good luck with the sale!

9. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +1, I think the flash on the camera isn't kind, try an outdoors shot of the interior. If the leather goes in my car, I'll be going
    alcantara. Love the car, glws.

10. Romanova

Romanova Rookie

Nov 22, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Saw this car in person today. Very clean and it looks amazing with its unique color combination.
    GLWS! :)

11. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Love the combo, got my attention but then again.

12. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Then again what?

I'm guessing it's because your TR was in the same color combination... :)

13. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    :) yes sir...

14. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Sold! The new buyer flew in from Vegas and drove it home. Couldn't be happier with the car.

15. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats! Beautiful car..

16. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    nice combination

17. 35550

35550 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007
    As a Rookie - When buying my first Ferrari - I did not want my dream to be a nightmare

Therefore, I took the vast knowledge gained from the experienced F-chat group

and FINALLY pulled the trigger on this beautiful 355.

Any "rookie" wanting to jump in should do so with Michael at MBrandon

He took the time and was 110% transparent with the car, history and overall dealing with the car.

Thank you Michael for the "hand-holding" - A very big thank you to Mark at Sphere Motorsports for doing what you do best!

You cannot go wrong with these two as a Ferrari buying experience!

Thank you to all the F-chatters - I took the advice and drove it home!!!!

For all the rookies - the info on this site works!

Buy a well sorted out car
    Buy from a good guy
    Pay for what you get
    Drive it home.....like you stole it!
    (trailers are for boats!)

18. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Congrats! Great car!

19. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Good choice. Congrats!

Have had my 1998 355 F1 GTB for almost 4 years now and have loved every minute!

20. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Congrats..., I love the color combo and your quote (trailers are for boats) :)